What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logos are geting worse

Which are the best club logos re representing their area or heritage, or marketing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Loudstrat

Coach
Pirates? WTF? Reds was far, far better - with links to the Western Desert and the megafauna that are most asociated with it. The Reds link to the colour also has historical connotaions with other well established sporting nicknakes - Blues, Bluebags, Dirty Reds, Bluesox, Maroons, All Blacks etc.

They threw that out for a kiddies comic book charater. Pathetic.

Sadly. it's a sporting trend - pick the spastic name that has nothing to do with anything.

They are getting worse!

As for the poll, dont pick your own team - it's not a poll of who we support.

WayneBennett

Juniors
HPFCSK8H.jpg

Monk

Referee
You spelt Warriors wrong in the poll option.

EDIT: also, the Pirates logo looks sick.

Last edited:

PaddyBoy

Juniors
Like the Dogs (possibly just from having to put up with the last one), Saints and Pirates.

Also Kangaroos aren't megafauna, that's like saying Komodo dragons are dinosaurs.

EDIT:

Saw I wasn't meant to pick the Dogs, switch to Rabbitohs.

I'd say Broncos by far is the worst (the orginal logo was classic), love to see roosters go back to the old Eastern Surburbs logo, and I think Bulldogs..is by far the best (mordern/old school look)

duck_dodgers

Juniors
Clearly the biggest issue in world sport at the moment .

yes when I think of the Dirty Reds , I immediately think of the Drummoyne Rugby Club .

p.s. you're a goose .

Goddo

Bench
Pirates? WTF? Reds was far, far better - with links to the Western Desert and the megafauna that are most asociated with it. The Reds link to the colour also has historical connotaions with other well established sporting nicknakes - Blues, Bluebags, Dirty Reds, Bluesox, Maroons, All Blacks etc.

They threw that out for a kiddies comic book charater. Pathetic.

Sadly. it's a sporting trend - pick the spastic name that has nothing to do with anything.

They are getting worse!

As for the poll, dont pick your own team - it's not a poll of who we support.

crying.jpg

TheDalek079

Bench
i agree with the OP. The Pirates sounds like the name of a kids team. Would have preferred them to go with the Reds moniker

drake

First Grade
At one stage, the nicknames had something to do with the clubs. Then we started to get ripoffs from NFL.

Oh and the kangaroo is megafauna.

ek999

First Grade

Because the Bulldogs has a lot to do with Canterbury. And a heap of Sea-Eagles flying around Manly. And a colony of Tigers living in Balmain.

All mascots etc. are marketing tools. Always have been always will be

firechild

First Grade
Because the Bulldogs has a lot to do with Canterbury. And a heap of Sea-Eagles flying around Manly. And a colony of Tigers living in Balmain.

All mascots etc. are marketing tools. Always have been always will be

Actually there were sea eagles nesting near Brookvale oval which is where the name originated. You still see them hanging round north head on occasion.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm also positive you could find at least one breeder of Bulldogs in the Canterbury-Bankstown district.

That said, most of them are probably bought into the area, not bred.

MEE.

Juniors
The OP has a point. Some NRL logos look like they come from packaging from a kids toy.

A simple name like Perth RLFC would be class.