What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lol@50uff$ IV: We got this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
No it needs a Festivas theme here.

i agree.. festivus seems to fit quite well for souffs..

it is celebrated on the 23rd of december, fitting as it means it is all over for souths before the rest of us wait to celebrate the big one..

it has 5 key areas that signfy festivus:
  • the festivus pole
  • festivus dinner
  • the airing of grievances
  • feats of strength
  • festivus miracles
festivus pole
Cosmo Kramer: "And is there a tree?"
Frank Costanza: "No, instead, there's a pole. It requires no decoration. I find tinsel distracting ... It's made from aluminum. Very high strength-to-weight ratio."
greg_inglis-420x0.jpg

festivus dinner
taylor_gallery__367x400-200x0.jpg

the airing of grievances
The celebration of Festivus begins with the "Airing of Grievances", which takes place immediately after the Festivus dinner has been served. It consists of lashing out at others and the world about how one has been disappointed in the past year.

320823-john-lang.jpg

feats of strength
The Feats of Strength is the final tradition observed in the celebration of Festivus, celebrated immediately following the Festivus dinner. The head of the household selects one person at the Festivus celebration and challenges that person to a wrestling match.

images

festivus miracles
it's a festivus miracle!

nrlad_wideweb__470x313,0.jpg

Ozzy

First Grade
Muzby you forgot point no.6. About the time of festivus the annual cry of "WE'VE GOT THIS!" starts to grow stronger. It has already started this year but is still only in its infancy. It will grow in strength until "Grand Final Day" when the excuses will start to sprout.

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
It is the off-season (well not really we have the Internationals starting, but that's not for another week) and it may be boredom but i suddenly want to know why everyone on here hates the Rabbitohs?

I don't hate the Rabbitohs but a lot of you do, why is it?

Is it because every year they claim they are going to do something and don't?

Is it because of Russell Crowe and his success at the club? if so, will people start to hate the Knights?

Is it because they fought their way back into the competition?

Is it because this year with all their players they fell short due to a load of injuries?

What is it!

Sean18

Juniors
It is the off-season (well not really we have the Internationals starting, but that's not for another week) and it may be boredom but i suddenly want to know why everyone on here hates the Rabbitohs?

Is it because of Russell Crowe and his success at the club? if so, will people start to hate the Knights?

Is it because this year with all their players they fell short due to a load of injuries?

What is it!

What success? Making the finals once in god knows how long?

adamkungl

Immortal
Well, there's always the fact that I've seen my team in 11 finals series, 5 Grand Finals, winning 1...and souffs in that time have been belted in 1 finals match.

lol@souffs

redvscotty

First Grade

What is it!

Who was crying injuries when 'Big Dave Taylor' came out and said they'll win the comp after a win streak of 1?

Sean18

Juniors
Also injuries isn't a good excuse, teams like the Knights and Tigers have had their injury problems but still made the top 8.

LOL@50uff$

axl rose

Bench
Combination of things. Not enjoying much success over a long period, signing Sutton ahead of Sandow, Peanut Asotasi ( in a rare appearance), Richardsons ego.

Its not so much hate as it is bemusement at some of their decisions since re-entry into the comp. I'm not convinced on Bellamy clone McGuire either, who doesn't have success in England?. Only 3-4 clubs compete, chances are you will be on a winning cycle there.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member

What is it!

Claim to do something then don't. Repeatedly. Like clockwork. LOL@50uFF$

Russell Crowe. Success? LOL@50uFF$

Fought way back in to comp - with help from other clubs, yet still hold selves above them despite pathetic record over last 4 decades. LOL@50uFF$

Injuries - obesity is not an injury. Hubris and self entitlement is not an injury. Poor player recruitment and retention is not an injury. John Sutton is not an injury - he's a liability! Wake up! LOL@50uFF$

Hate them? Like hating a good comedian!

LOL@50uFF$!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts