What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lol Phil Hughes

emil1989

Juniors
THUMP!! straight back to earth!! lol

wow i like it when this sort of stuff happens after so much talking up haha
i feel sorry for the bloke but thats funny..he'll grow alot out of it..its not NSW where he can play a stupid shot like that after 3 balls

but yeah what a stupid shot to play so early on in a test match..when i watched him play for NSW i noticed he has an inconsistent batting stance and inconsistent and weird technique sometimes..when i saw it i figured this bloke might struggle against swing bowling..and i thought he might struggle early on in his international career especially in England

im sure he'll have a great test career but theres nothing funnier then getting a duck on debut..as much as it sucks to admit it because we want to kick south africa's ass

Alright then, you pad up for Australia in the Bull Ring and face arguably the best fast bowler in the world atm and we'll see how you go.

I'll be sure to laugh!

The kid was nervous and thats about the length and breadth of why he chose the shot that he did. Steyne is an experienced bowler who knew that if he threw something tempting up to a Rookie he may draw a false shot and as per script, Hughes eyes lit up. 1 egg doesn't make an omelette.

I'm sure he was as nervous as hell. Really he should have been at the non strikers end for the start of play to give him a chance to settle the nerves.

Hopefully he goes a lot better in his 2nd dig.

emil1989

Juniors
Alright then, you pad up for Australia in the Bull Ring and face arguably the best fast bowler in the world atm and we'll see how you go.

I'll be sure to laugh!

The kid was nervous and thats about the length and breadth of why he chose the shot that he did. Steyne is an experienced bowler who knew that if he threw something tempting up to a Rookie he may draw a false shot and as per script, Hughes eyes lit up. 1 egg doesn't make an omelette.

i've faced bowlers that quick before..i think i'd probably last more than 4 balls lol..i probably wouldnt make 20 runs though lol.. so i cant comment on any batter or bowler because im not as good as them...hmm i think we should get rid of our commentators and fans who wanna comment about the game loll

i just thought it was funny cos they built him up so much and wrote so many articles on him and bang.DUCK! loll

i can tell ya hayden woulda got more runs than that :p

hughes will bounce back

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
I love these excuses. Sure hes nervous as hell but it doesnt change anything. And not facing the first ball woudlnt of calmed the nerves, just more delayed them.

He will be more nervous in the 2nd innings now that hes on a pair.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Not really.

But you have to laugh at such a hyped debutant getting out 4th ball for 0 by playing the worst shot ever seen in over 130 years of international cricket.

He might very well go on to become a quality test opener. But im talking purely about that one shot, which may even be the most horrendous thing ever seen on a cricket field!

Not really.

But you have to laugh at such a hyped debutant getting out 4th ball for 0 by playing the worst shot ever seen in over 130 years of international cricket.

He might very well go on to become a quality test opener. But im talking purely about that one shot, which may even be the most horrendous thing ever seen on a cricket field!

Nope, the most horrendous thing ever seen on a cricket field was the English cricket team circa 1990 - 2000.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Yeah, emil1986 reckons he could do better against dale steyne
Well lets be fair. I'd probably get out 1st ball to Steyn but atleast it would be to a better, or at the very least more correct shot than that.

It was as if he'd never held a cricket bat in his hands before. I guess nerves can do strange things to some people...

Tommy Smith

Referee

I'll be sure to laugh!

You have to love that response.

It pretty much renders all fan discussion on sport irrelevant.

"How did he drop that pass!?" "Well you couldn't do any better!"

"That was a poor shot." "As if you'd do any better"

"He shouldn't have taken him off" "As if you could manage any better"

Let's close this and all other sport forums now, as we can't talk about sport because "we can't do any better".

Damn that's funny.

And so original, too.

It's so funny cos its true.

You have to love that response.

It pretty much renders all fan discussion on sport irrelevant.

"How did he drop that pass!?" "Well you couldn't do any better!"

"That was a poor shot." "As if you'd do any better"

"He shouldn't have taken him off" "As if you could manage any better"

Let's close this and all other sport forums now, as we can't talk about sport because "we can't do any better".

emil1989 wasn't discussing what happened, he was laughing at Phil Hughes misfortune. Their is a distinction.

stuke

Bench
I'm sure he was as nervous as hell. Really he should have been at the non strikers end for the start of play to give him a chance to settle the nerves.

Hopefully he goes a lot better in his 2nd dig.

he supposedly did a deal with Kat - he'd face the first ball so he didn't have to field at bat pad.

The Colonel

Immortal
Not really.

You've never watched a replay of Craig McDermott's first Test wicket? It wasn't even a shot......