What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lol Phil Hughes

Just going through my grandfather's artifacts I found in an old drawer when I came across this interesting telegram addressed to my great grandfather.

Laugh Out Loud Don Bradman

THUMP!! Straight back to earth!! Laugh out loud

Magnificient! I enjoy it when failures to young batsmen happens after so much hype. Laugh out loud.

I feel sorry for young Mr. Bradman, but his first test failure is funny. He might grow a lot of his failure in his first test, but I do not think so. I think we have seen the end of Don Bradman. This is not NSW where he can score at an average of 100. This is test cricket!

Yes, what utter failure by Mr. Bradman. 18 and 1. An average of less than 10 thus far in test cricket. It won't get much better than that Mr. Bradman. When I watched him play for NSW I noticed he has an inconsistent batting stance and a weird technique sometimes. When I saw this and with my plethora of cricket knowledge and scouting experience I figured this young chap might struggle against all types of bowling. I also know he will struggle in his international career, especially in England.

Mr. Bradman will fade away quicker than a fart on the wind.

Mr. Emil Dumass born 1889
Emil1889

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he has a fair average despite getting a duck in his first game

currently 108.6

This match is the first I've really seen of Hughes and thus far, I'm not overly impressed. Looks to be rather a one dimensional player. Almost all of his runs came square of the wicket or in the covers.

Obviously he's very young and he's got a long long time to improve, but from what I've seen I don't think he's ready yet...

Yep, he is not ready yet :lol:

lol. This is a classic thread. Can you come to watch me play indoor cricket and lol at me Emil? I could do with your kind of mockery. I'll sacrifice an innings of getting a low score, just so you can laugh at me and I can blast away for the next 3 innings. Sounds like a fair swap.

IanG

Coach
I think we can forgive the duck in his First test Innings. He was probably just sh*tting himself.

Youngest player ever to make 2 centuries in a test. The youngest player before Phil Huges was Dean Headley's grandfather George.

100265.jpg

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
I think we can forgive the duck in his First test Innings. He was probably just sh*tting himself.

Youngest player ever to make 2 centuries in a test. The youngest player before Phil Huges was Dean Headley's grandfather George.

100265.jpg

i thought the next youngest player might have been emil judging by the way he was talking before

Iafeta

Referee
I think he's just done an Andrew "the ugly duckling" Jones. Home-made technique but as effective as anything. He must have been extremely nervous because I still reckon his first innings dismissal was worse than anything Devon Malcolm or Chris Martin or Phil Tufnell would offer up. Proof is though he has two tons in his second test, very impressive.

IanG

Coach
Now he's got his Baggy Green and shown faith in his selection, do you think he should be given a go in the Wallaby Gold Strip?

86928.jpg