What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Long live King Tim!

N.C.

Juniors
I thought this piece of drivel warranted its own thread. Discuss. Or cry. It's up to you...
STATEMENT FROM THE BOARD OF WESTS TIGERS

Thursday, April 09, 2009
The Board of Wests Tigers tonight accepted with regret the resignation of CEO Scott Longmuir..

The Board of Wests Tigers acknowledges the significant contribution Scott has made to the overall success of Wests Tigers since taking up his initial role of General Manager of Sales and Marketing in 2006..

Scott was an integral part of securing not only the off-field but on-field success of the club over the period of his tenure including his role in establishing strong sponsorship growth for the organisation and more recently, the securing of Wests Tigers star players Captain Robbie Farah and Kiwi international Benji Marshall..

The Board wishes to publicly thank Scott for his outstanding contribution and the many achievements and wishes him every success in his future endeavours..

The search now starts for a leader that can take our organisation forward in this extremely tough market place and competitive football premiership season..

The Board recognises that the Wests Tigers organisation is one of the strongest in the NRL boasting rapidly growing membership, strong corporate support, one of the largest fan bases and a strong brand built around a young and exciting football team. This places the organisation in a position of strength in its search for a replacement CEO..

The Board also wants to correct some of the rumours and false statements currently circulating..

Everyone at Wests Tigers is acutely aware of the importance of the 2009 season, none more so than the football operations department and Head Coach Tim Sheens..

Media reports suggesting that Tim Sheens was shying away from accountability could not be further from the truth. Anyone who knows Tim knows that he does not accept anything other than full commitment from everyone within his team and knows the standards he sets for himself..

There isn’t anyone associated with Wests Tigers that has been anything but disappointed with the end of season performances of our team over the last three years. Everyone is on notice that 2009 is an important year and everyone across the organisation is accountable for their individual performance and their contribution to the team’s performance..

There was also a reference made to the organisation being run like a club rather than a business. One of the ongoing challenges in sport administration is achieving the appropriate mix between business and sporting priorities. The Board is confident that it has the right strategies in place to deal with these challenges. No-one is more aware of and capable of dealing with those challenges than four-time premiership winning coach and current Australian coach, Tim Sheens..

The Board won’t be making any further comment at this time.
http://www.weststigers.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=15528

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Our new CEO:

istockphoto_5420165_puppet_on_a_string.jpg

Tom Shines

First Grade
Good, that's another $50 I'll put on Wests for the spoon... f**k me what a joke of a club from the top down.

The fans deserve better. Much, much better.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
They should put in Tom Raudinikous as CEO. Perfect for the Tigers. Everyone has a soft spot for him, but no one takes him seriously.

I feel for you blokes.

westie

Bench
What can you say. The board are now accountable for the first time ever. They will have to live with this decision.

super_coach

First Grade
Black Day in Tigertown. The board cant get away with this we need to bombard the place with emails and what ever else at our displeasure. Ring write and email the media. This has set our club back years, Imagine a coach dictating term over a CEO

tiger_nick

Bench
why don't we just change our name to 'Tim Sheens' Wests Tigers'

sends a great message to our new CEO

'Dont you dare try to make Tim Sheens accountable or you'll be out on your ear.'

innsaneink

Referee
why don't we just change our name to 'Tim Sheens' Wests Tigers'

sends a great message to our new CEO

'Dont you dare try to make Tim Sheens accountable or you'll be out on your ear.'

Just read the same thing on the official forum, but by someone else posted 20 mins ago.....been lurking have we, peewee?

m7327~sml.jpg

ouch

adamkungl

Immortal
jesus christ i feel sorry for you lot. I thought the implosion at Parra had my spoon money sealed, but Sheens is going to let them have it without a fight...

matty-ducati

Juniors
a big thing this year on the wt website how the fans can comment on articles, i wonder why we cant comment on this one? pfft f**ken joke

macnaz

Staff member
Tim already had a KPI in place so he shouldnt have been asked for more:roll:

Keep
Picking
Idiots
:lol:

pappy fritz

Juniors
Robert Burns quoted this in 1786, sounds like he was talking about Sheens & Co....
O would some power the gift to give us,
To see ourselves as others see us.

Latest posts