What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looks like Perenara is out for a while

Hurriflatch

Referee
From Todays Tele:

X-RAYS have cleared Eels lock Henry Perenara of a broken ankle with major ligament damage the diagnosis.

PARRAMATTA 26 (E Grothe 2, D Wagon, G Morrison, T Tahu tries; L Burt 3 goals) WESTS TIGERS 16 (R Farah 2, P Richards tries; B Hodgson 2 goals) at Parramatta Stadium. Referee: S Clark. Crowd: 18,107.

Depending on how bad major damage is it could be a while. I'd say 6 weeks minimum. (on my 3.24 secs of medical training)

attamarrap

Juniors
I've done my ankle pretty seriously (playing basketball) and I'd say 3-4 weeks before you can go full on

EELMAN JACK

Juniors
Mark 'the eel' Riddell said:
Certainly doesn't sound real good. He was playing bloody well on Saturday night before getting injured. :x

i didn't see the game, but from reports that i have heard from others is that he was having a bloody good game. it's a shame he got injured.

Bazal

Post Whore
Dammit!! Major ligament damage could be season ending if it's bad enough #-o Let's hope it's the best case scenario of about 6 weeks....

chloe

Juniors
AlexTheEel said:
I wouldn't take the telegraph as gospel. They have a history of pulling things out of their arse.
I heard they make up stories about major ligament damage to sell newspapers.

Eelectrica

Referee
Damn it!
If he didn't go off injured we almost certainly would have scored a few more points against the Tigers.

At least with the Premier league going so well we shouldn't lose much when we bring up has replacement.

Goleel

Juniors
I wouldn't be so sure, what if Wagon moves to lock and ash graham back to the centres...I'd say we lose a fair bit then, although we might gain something, like an extra 12 points a game against us as ash fumbles his way through defense.

Goleel said:
I wouldn't be so sure, what if Wagon moves to lock and ash graham back to the centres...I'd say we lose a fair bit then, although we might gain something, like an extra 12 points a game against us as ash fumbles his way through defense.

Graham should never play 1st grade again until he learns how to tackle.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well one of my good mates had some bad ligament damage on his ankle (essentially, the ligaments disbanded from the bone).

He was back walking and playing after 3 weeks.

So hopefully Henry is not out for too long.

Utey

Coach
Jake the snake said:
Goleel said:

Graham should never play 1st grade again until he learns how to tackle.

Honestly, I never saw how bad of a defender Ash was in the lower grades. It might just be a confidence thing, but his technique is shocking. Give me Wagon anyday at this point of time.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
big shame for Henry... we have a lot of good options at lock (on the back of Brian's 13 locks strategy last year) and it may even be hard for Henry to force his way back into the team when he gets back from injury.

I'm 95% sure that Robbo will come into the 2nd row and Morro will play lock.

MrT

Juniors
I watched Ben Smith in Premier League, I can't see anything special there.
Made some errors, yes scored some tries just through his size. I don't think
he's any better in defence than Graham.

I'd love to see O'Dwyer at centre (carved it up on saturday)
wagon to lock

Bazal

Post Whore
Eelementary said:
Well one of my good mates had some bad ligament damage on his ankle (essentially, the ligaments disbanded from the bone).

He was back walking and playing after 3 weeks.

So hopefully Henry is not out for too long.

I tore the ligaments in my left ankle back in 2001, and was on crutches for 7 weeks. It can be bad, hopefully Henry is back sooner rather than later....

Latest posts