What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looks Promising

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sunday-news/sport/3806204/Adams-appeal

EXCLUSIVE: KIWIS enforcer Adam Blair has revealed the Warriors are strongly pursuing him – and that he has not ruled out joining them as early as next season.
The blockbusting Melbourne forward is under contract until 2011 but could be released as the Storm are forced to shed up to four top-class players after being caught hundreds of thousands of dollars over the salary cap.
Blair confirmed the Warriors were keen for him to join them at Mt Smart next season, although he scotched suggestions he could cross the Tasman before the June 30 deadline and play for the club this season. From the moment the Storm were busted for systematic rorting of the salary cap earlier this year, Blair, who hails from Whangarei, has been linked with the Warriors.
Club legends Ruben Wiki and Stacey Jones have called for the club to break the bank to lure one of the game’s most exciting big men.

But until now neither the Warriors nor Blair have commented on the likelihood of him cutting ties with Melbourne.
“It [playing for the Warriors] has run through my head, but that’s pretty much all that can happen at the moment,” Blair revealed to Sunday News.
“It’s only talks at this stage. They can’t put a deal on the table until everything is sorted with the Storm. I’m still under contract so it would be wrong for me to go out there and [start] asking for offers at this point in time.”
The 24-year-old could be released from his deal a year early as the disgraced club looks to offload players to fit under next year’s salary cap.
“I’ve still got another year to go on my contract with the Storm so I can’t really do too much until everything’s sorted down here,” Blair said.
Blair scotched any talk of him switching clubs mid-season.
“It would be too hard to walk away from my club halfway through the year, especially with all the stuff we’ve gone through.
“I’d feel pretty bad to just get up and walk out on the Storm while this is all going on.”
Warriors assistant coach Tony Iro and recruitment chief Dean Bell initiated the contact with Blair, made more urgent when No 1 prop Sam Rapira dislocated his knee against the Rabbitohs in round 11.
Blair admitted it was flattering to be in the club’s sights.
“It’s definitely nice. I’ve put in a lot of hard work over here in the six years I’ve been away from New Zealand,” he said.

Warriors boss Wayne Scurrah said props were a priority for next year.
“Adam had been one of the names mentioned but no formal discussions have taken place,” he said.

joseph1

Juniors
We absolutely need him. Get rid of whoever is necessary to get adam blair. He is the best forward in the game

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
some guts and mongrel week in week out.

form wise, gotta say he has been abit down this year...but hopefully a new scene and playing with some of the boys will put him back to his best.

tkr

Juniors
I'm sick of this whole 'break the bank' talk.

50% of the time they pay big $$$ for a player he ends up being average in the next season.

I say pay what you think the player is worth and if you don't get him then so be it and look elsewhere.

Drzoidberg

Juniors
I'm sick of this whole 'break the bank' talk.

50% of the time they pay big $$$ for a player he ends up being average in the next season.

I say pay what you think the player is worth and if you don't get him then so be it and look elsewhere.

Haha joined this month and sick of this whole 'break the bank' talk after 14 posts.

Are you looking for them? ;-)

I think Adam Blair is worth paying $400 odd k to get over here, sh*t thats what were paying Lillyman, Id rather have Blair.

Blairs best years are ahead........hold on a minute u a storm fan?

Just jokes, I dont know if you are a warriors fan but it is hard for us too attract good players and when we do, we have to 'break the bank'

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Id have him!
With Both Rapiras, Mannering, Luck, Packer, Taai and hopefully Matulino and Blair...its a good looking pack!

tkr

Juniors
Haha joined this month and sick of this whole 'break the bank' talk after 14 posts.

Are you looking for them? ;-)

League Unlimited is a good site but it is not my total source of league news :D

Blairs best years are ahead........hold on a minute u a storm fan?

Mt Smart, West Stand, Bay 5 - $440 a season, 3 seasons (4 seasons in different seats before that). Hell yes, of course I'm a Storm fan :D