What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lord of the Rings Trilogy

HBG

Juniors
Hi Mario, I heard a rumour that you guys were involved in the filming of the LOTR Trilogy.

If so, can you please confirm your involvement.

HBG

Juniors
PS that was my 300th post. Yay!!!

If the above is correct, you guys have done a fantastic job.

umosay

Juniors
yeah mario, you should of made a team of hobbits, that would be so funny, pippen on the wing ala mather (JLR)

PONGIA

Juniors
this is true... they werent actually involved in the shooting but Sidhe and mario helped set up Weta who did all the visual effects, minatures and the list goes on... Mario that makes me wonder u would know Richard Taylor pretty well wouldnt u?

Mario

Juniors
PONGIA said:
this is true... they werent actually involved in the shooting but Sidhe and mario helped set up Weta who did all the visual effects, minatures and the list goes on... Mario that makes me wonder u would know Richard Taylor pretty well wouldnt u?

Uh, no.

Our Creative Director, John Sheils, was one of the first people at Weta Digital and helped build the studio up into the 300 person studio it was (they have scaled back significantly now I believe). I've only met Richard Taylor a couple of times - John has known Richard and Peter for years.

We also have two other people who worked on the film. Dale Pugh, who was the Art Lead for Rugby League, worked on the film set in order to recreate the environments in digital 3D form.

Sidhe did some effects work on something Weta Workshop was working on, but we never did any work on LoTR itself.

HBG

Juniors
Mario said:
PONGIA said:

Uh, no.

Our Creative Director, John Sheils, was one of the first people at Weta Digital and helped build the studio up into the 300 person studio it was (they have scaled back significantly now I believe). I've only met Richard Taylor a couple of times - John has known Richard and Peter for years.

We also have two other people who worked on the film. Dale Pugh, who was the Art Lead for Rugby League, worked on the film set in order to recreate the environments in digital 3D form.

Sidhe did some effects work on something Weta Workshop was working on, but we never did any work on LoTR itself.

So....where is the cheat to bring back Alan Langer and make him look like Bilbo???? :lol:
I know Wayne Harris if you need a Jockey voice. :lol:

HBG

Juniors
DvdHntr said:
Well atleast they were able to make a game that seriously rocks after being involved with that pile of sh*t trilogy.
2 out of 3 aint bad, but then I have only seen 2.