What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Losing more of our young guns.

Maximus

Coach
We re signed Moga. It is like what Munster is to Melbourne in Dragons world 🤔
Meanwhile Tigers swap Peachey for Staines. One thing you can say Tigers imports for next year will strengthen their squad. Ours not so sure!
We could of swapped anyone fringe for Staines and left Moga out there.

Lol what? Staines looks shit for the premiers. Does absolutely no work at all. Good for finishing off tries and not much else.

possm

Coach
Better and faster than Moga.
Yea, why did we extend Moga. We have Ravalawa and Matt Feagai. We also have Ramsey if Sloan comes good. I'd say we should leave depth in our outside backs to our young gun juniors. Right now we need a big strong pack with a live wire hooker. This should be our priority and as many dollars as we can muster should be directed to this problem.

justadragon

Bench
We re signed Moga. It is like what Munster is to Melbourne in Dragons world 🤔
Meanwhile Tigers swap Peachey for Staines. One thing you can say Tigers imports for next year will strengthen their squad. Ours not so sure!
We could of swapped anyone fringe for Staines and left Moga out there.
I would like to see Moga go into the forwards in ressies, he has no speed to be anywhere in the backs.

Dragonsdiehard

Juniors
Firstly, I'll start this by saying that I don't think Hook is the right coach for us long term. As I've mentioned elsewhere, I think he's a means to an end while we shuffle things around in the background. I think this ties in with what Webb has said. I think they are buying time to setup the right structures. Almost like short term pain for long term gain.

Early on when the media were first beating up Sloan being dropped, I remember Hook on 360 providing answers as to why that is the case. He needed to go back and work on fullback skills one of which was organising the defense. He was pretty clear about that and I got the impression during that interview that he believed Sloan was clear on the direction.

Now as a 19/20 year old, sometimes you don't like being told what to do or that you aren't good enough. I suspect part of what has happened here is exactly that. Suggesting that he didn't know why he was dropped was a bit of a cop out IMO. Even if he wasn't 100% clear, you would still think that he would be wanting to fight his way back into first grade and not expect a free ride. However the footage of him in reserves showed the exact opposite - I watched the first game he played in KOE after being dropped and he showed little interest and more intent on mouthing off at the opponents rather than actually putting in. And from what I saw very little improvement from then on. Yeah it is a coaches job to guide players, but those players also need to show they want to earn that spot back. IMO, Sloan has done the opposite.

I mean, that was the exact problem with Dufty - 2 coaches couldn't convince him to work on improving his skills. Sure, great attack, but that was about the limit of it. Even Dufty himself admitted that he didn't listen to the coaches. Could Sloan not be of a similar mould? Thinking that no matter what they told him, he knew better?

If the media is to be believed, both Ramsay and Amone were putting in massive amounts of hours trying to improve their game - and it showed. Both looked hungry and both wanted that game time - and were rewarded for it. I heard nothing and saw nothing of the same from Sloan.

Finally, why would the possible departure of Sloan and Sullivan cause a mass exodus? If anything, it would signal opportunity for others who, hopefully, show the skills and hunger for game time and not an expectation that they should just be rewarded it for little effort.
Not arguing with you here but I do have to wonder about the sanity of some of the decisions made by the club. Example, what on earth were they thinking when they decided to let go of Frizell and McInness - rep players and absolute work horses week in week out - and then, just for example, sign Aaron Woods? Might have been different seasons but this "wisdom" boggles the mind....or at least mine at any rate. Cheers.

justadragon

Bench
Not arguing with you here but I do have to wonder about the sanity of some of the decisions made by the club. Example, what on earth were they thinking when they decided to let go of Frizell and McInness - rep players and absolute work horses week in week out - and then, just for example, sign Aaron Woods? Might have been different seasons but this "wisdom" boggles the mind....or at least mine at any rate. Cheers.
Both McInnes and Frizell , wanted to go, Frizell to join a team that had a chance at the premiership and McInnes sooked on about letting Mary go.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Was talking to a journo and asked him about Bud. He said his manager told him he’ll get him out using all the bullshit I guess but Bud decided he doesn’t want to go through with the mental health thing and he didn’t really want to leave. His manager Tartak I think his name told Gould he will get him over to the dogs. Just goes to show how much deceit managers go through with lies and now the health thing. And Bud is actually a decent human. I couldn’t believe when the journo told me that Tartak was confident of a release if he kept badgering the dragons. I don’t think Gus was happy with the outcome

Maximus

Coach

You know that players that are out of contract are allowed to seek opportunities elsewhere right? The club just can't hold them against their will

justadragon

Bench
Was talking to a journo and asked him about Bud. He said his manager told him he’ll get him out using all the bullshit I guess but Bud decided he doesn’t want to go through with the mental health thing and he didn’t really want to leave. His manager Tartak I think his name told Gould he will get him over to the dogs. Just goes to show how much deceit managers go through with lies and now the health thing. And Bud is actually a decent human. I couldn’t believe when the journo told me that Tartak was confident of a release if he kept badgering the dragons. I don’t think Gus was happy with the outcome
I think a very wise decision made by Bud in this case, it would have been seen by every Dragons member and fan for what it was, just complete BS, and with Bud being a local and allowing this crap to go through, he definitely would have had mental health issues. Tartak obviously couldnt have cared less about his clients welfare with his family and how he would be portrayed. Just "SHOW ME THE MONEY !!!!"

True_Believer

Juniors
it would have been seen by every Dragons member and fan for what it was, just complete BS
Well that actually hasn't been the case. Fans, particularly on here and active on social media treated it as a done deal and caused by issues with coach/club etc. As he's pointed out, the comment was that Bud actually didn't want to leave. If you take that at face value, it sounds like the whole thing was concocted by his manager through a deal between him and Gould.

Additionally, if you are to believe comments from others on here where people have spoken to the boys, they suggested that Bud had no intention of signing with the dogs.

But of course, these things get ignored and everyone jumps on the media bandwagon to bag the club at any chance they get. Not saying they don't deserve it sometimes, but it just becomes a frenzy and a lot of it based solely on the word of a journalist.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Memouzelous is a gun half at Souths and has been chased by others but is staying at Souths behind Cook. He knows he has a rep in front of him but his motivation is to play his career with his good mate Illias and other Souths juniors. I am hoping Bud has the same mindset because like Memouzelous, that time will come when Bud will be the starting half with Amone and hopefully Sloan and the Feagai twins. Being stuck behind an aging hooker or half is not a bad thing especially if they are the best going around. They are great for learning and also prone to more injury so his time can come any minute. That is if Hook would put him on but I doubt. He will throw in Mbye if Hunt gets injured.

At the Dogs, a few bad games or injuries and Bud will be goneski. Look at Dufty. Saints gave him a few years at least before they released him. Dogs gave him a few games. Flannagan is also a great example, for Dogs to be chasing Bud must not fill him confidence. I would hate to be in his shoes hearing this gossip. If they were looking to repace Flanno with an NRL experience half fair enough but a guy with hardly any NRL experience. What more does Flanno have to do as I thought he played well for the Dogs and would be a certainty for the 7. Schoupp has been let go, Corey Allen another one released. Dogs always look over the fence at other teams and try and snag their best rather than look after their own. Bud would have been far better off at the Dolphins under Bennett if he was to leave not Dogs.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Well that actually hasn't been the case. Fans, particularly on here and active on social media treated it as a done deal and caused by issues with coach/club etc. As he's pointed out, the comment was that Bud actually didn't want to leave. If you take that at face value, it sounds like the whole thing was concocted by his manager through a deal between him and Gould.

Additionally, if you are to believe comments from others on here where people have spoken to the boys, they suggested that Bud had no intention of signing with the dogs.

But of course, these things get ignored and everyone jumps on the media bandwagon to bag the club at any chance they get. Not saying they don't deserve it sometimes, but it just becomes a frenzy and a lot of it based solely on the word of a journalist.
It wasn’t a complete lie, there was truth to it. The CEO said as much to his letter to the fans.

Latest posts