What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lote Tuqiri signs with Wests Tigers

OVP

Coach
He will play for them over our Summer and return to Sydney to play for the Wests Tigers.

t-ba

Post Whore
Barnes and Cross(Gouger) are the only two noteables I can think of left in the NRL.

Can't really count Barnes. didn't really cement a first grade spot let alone be one of the games better players in his position. Even Cryan' was an above average Centre.

aussies1st

Staff member
Tuqiri has stated his aim to help Leicester to win trophies, but he also harbours one other interesting ambition. He is due to check with the IRB whether he will be eligible to play for Fiji, the country of his birth, in the 2011 World Cup. Whether or not he is successful, here is a man with a clear sense of unfinished business.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/rugby_union/article6901882.ece

Just wow if he does indeed pull this off. First playing Union then with the Tigers then back to Union for the World cup.

GB!

Juniors
just seen him play for Leicester, they beat the current world champs S.A. 22-17.
he did f*ck all tho

MacDougall

First Grade
He played the last 20 minutes and had the last touch of the game to clean up the scraps. But yeah you're right he did do nothing in essence. Though he didn't get any chances. He's a bloody winger :lol:.

MacDougall

First Grade
Lot of fuss for a bloody winger, we have just signed three or four before he hopped on the scene

Whilst I agree with this. He is allegedly coming here to play fullback and was a reserve winger in the game in question. Hence my defense of him.

nqcowboy87

Bench
does anyone think that what the media interpreted as a deal with the tigers, and with his supposed interest in returning to league they put two and two together and came up with six and said he's signed with wests tigers when instead hes signed with leicester and is not actually coming back to league

does anyone think that what the media interpreted as a deal with the tigers, and with his supposed interest in returning to league they put two and two together and came up with six and said he's signed with wests tigers when instead hes signed with leicester and is not actually coming back to league

i hope so, i would like to see tnt(tuiaki/tupou)on the wings and Lazo or Mullaney at fullback
plus if you check the tigers squad for 2010 theres like 10 backs on there that are not only cheaper but would probley do much better than Tuqiri would

innsaneink

Referee
Losses:

John Morris
Dean Collis
Dene Halatau
Danny Galea
Corey Payne
Daine Laurie
Shannon Gallant
Rocky Trimarchi
Peni Tagive

Mr_Ugly

Juniors
Has Laurie gone to anthoer club or was he just dropped from the playing roster?

I thought he looked okay during the early part of the season and then he went missing from the side.

simmo1

First Grade
He was dropped at the end of the season for (allegedly) hitting his missus and went to Penrith I think.

Anyone know how that case ended up for him?

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Meh he's way too slow for fullback and his defence is questionable at the best of times. This will be the dud signing of the century at the reported price. He'll bring people through the gates the first year, but he'll cost the squad some serious talent in years 2 and 3. I don't know how they'd go managing the third party deals, surely Farah and Marshall would be right up there in value, either way it'll really make a dent in their cap.

He's a quality athlete, but I just don't think he's anywhere near the right type of player for the role he'll be required to fill. It'll be interesting to see how he goes and how much damage it does to the squad by the end of it. The tigers have recruited astutely this season, but this one really baffles me.

Bench
Losses:

John Morris
Dean Collis
Dene Halatau
Danny Galea
Corey Payne
Daine Laurie
Shannon Gallant
Rocky Trimarchi
Peni Tagive
You can add McDonnell who left mid season who was contracted till the end of 2010,Skandallis,Dunley were also in our top 25 last year.

Latest posts