What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lote Tuqiri signs with Wests Tigers

simmo1

First Grade
I think they have a better balance in their side next year. and I honestly believe lote will be a big hit on and off the field.

good signing good move.

I agree. Especially if they manage to sign Lima, then the only weakness would be the lack of an established halfback. If Sheens can't take us to the 8 this year, then you'd really have to wonder...

Red Bear

Referee
I agree. Especially if they manage to sign Lima, then the only weakness would be the lack of an established halfback. If Sheens can't take us to the 8 this year, then you'd really have to wonder...
Tuquiri
Tuiaki

Lawrence
Ryan
Marshall
Moltzen

Not sure who they'd have for other centre spot but a good backline, Moltzen and Marshall seemed to work very well together

meltiger

First Grade
It was six last year. I was referring to previous years, not next year.

As for people blasting the signing because he's a "traitor", get f**ked. Who cares. He went and played Union for some extra money, big whoop.

On the latter I agree 110% ... The players are professionals, if they get a beoffer so be it.

On the home game issue ... If they we losing money playing at Leichhardt/Campbelltown then you can't really blame them or the big stadium deal.

Mate I HATE the fact they don't have a 6/6 split, but it appears they areslowly moving back it s the venus get their upgades.

Yeah, just like your thoughts that Brett Hodgson and Robbie Farah are crap players, and Scott Prince isn't any good either.

You're just an idiot.

If i'm an idiot, then you're an absolute f*ckwit. I said those clowns were overrated, not crap. Role players, and nothing more.

I'd be ashamed if my club signed a traitorous scum bag like that overgrown, b-grade Usher lookalike.

I'm sure the real hardcore Tigers fans feel that way...

Thomas said:
Pfft. Yeah. He was useless.

He just made the Qld SoO team and the Kangaroos because he was a nice bloke.

:sarcasm:

Now I know why you're a comedian mate.

Brutus

Referee
Why wouldn't the Tigers play a few games at a bigger stadium. Imagine if they have a real successful year in 2010 and were forced to played matches against against the likes of Parra, Dogs and Saints at friggin Leichhardt & Campbo. Those grounds are perfect for the lesser profile games. Let this great game grow!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Tuqiri refutes signing with Tigers
Friday, October 30, 2009
Dumped Wallabies winger Lote Tuqiri has scotched reports he has signed a deal to return to rugby league.

The former Wallabies winger was sacked by the ARU earlier this year for disciplinary reasons.

News Limited has reported Tuqiri has signed a three-year deal with the Wests Tigers, starting next season.

But in a message on his Twitter feed this morning, Tuqiri categorically denied that he has signed with the club.

"I haven't signed anything with the Wests Tigers!" he wrote.

"Once again, the media has run off again speculating!" The Tigers have also issued a statement denying they have come to terms with Tuqiri. Chief executive Stephen Humphreys says his club is complying with an NRL edict that players are not allowed to have guest stints with other codes while under contract with an NRL club.

"We absolutely refute the suggestion today that Wests Tigers have agreed to terms with Lote Tuqiri," Humphreys said.

"As I have stated publicly before, we are in discussions with Lote Tuqiri.

"We do expect him to make his intentions clear about his playing future shortly and whilst we are hopeful of securing his services, I must reiterate at this point in time, we have neither verbally agreed to terms nor signed any agreement.

http://www.fijitimes.com/story.aspx?id=132585

Bench
Tuquiri
Tuiaki

Lawrence
Ryan
Marshall
Moltzen

Not sure who they'd have for other centre spot but a good backline, Moltzen and Marshall seemed to work very well together
I would like to see
1-Moltzen
2-Tuiaki
3-Ayshford
4-Lawrence
5-Tuqiri
6-Marshall
7-Tamauta
That would be a fairly handy backline,coupled with our forwards should see a return to finals footy.

Thomas

First Grade
Im interested to hear Everlovin Antichrist's thoughts on this
i imagine they would be similar to mine if canberra signed a league convert.

Dirty.

I distinctly remember him saying something along the lines of he'd stop supporing the Tigers if they signed Lote.

LOL.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I would like to see
1-Moltzen
2-Tuiaki
3-Ayshford
4-Lawrence
5-Tuqiri
6-Marshall
7-Tamauta
That would be a fairly handy backline,coupled with our forwards should see a return to finals footy.

Moltzen is not a fullback.

1. Tuqiri
2. Tuiaki
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Tupou
6. Marshall
7. Moltzen

14. Taumata

That's what I'd like to see, provided Tupou is fit.

Bench
Moltzen is not a fullback.

1. Tuqiri
2. Tuiaki
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Tupou
6. Marshall
7. Moltzen

14. Taumata

That's what I'd like to see, provided Tupou is fit.
Neither is Tuqiri,at least moltzen has played fullback before.

Echo-The-Tiger

Juniors
The backline I'd like to see would be..

1. Taumata
2. Tuiaki
3. Lawrence
4. Tuqiri
5. Tupou
6. Marshall
7. Moltzen

Looks pretty good if you ask me.

Bigfella

Coach
As an Eels fan I thought Moltzen at fullback was the biggest factor in us beating them in a cracking game towards the end of season.

I have never seen a fullback refuse to run the ball back in the modern era the way he does. Tuiaki's injury came directly because of that. I was at the game with Tiger's fans, who reckoned he does that every time.

That, coupled with the fact that Moltzen and the team were flying when he was playing no 7, make it a no-brainer. The bloke who broke his leg, the kid in the lower grades, or Lote would all have to be ahead of him to my outsider's perspective.

The Colonel

Immortal
Neither is Tuqiri,at least moltzen has played fullback before.

Tuqiri has as well..... at the 2000WC he captained the Fijian side from fullback and was one of the real stars for their side. With Lockyer ahead of him at the Broncos he was never going to make the move full time.

Echo-The-Tiger

Juniors
I have never seen a fullback refuse to run the ball back in the modern era the way he does. Tuiaki's injury came directly because of that. I was at the game with Tiger's fans, who reckoned he does that every time.

Yep, one of the most frustrating aspects of his fullback game.. instead of receiving the ball and running it back hard, he'll lumber 10m sidewards and throw a ball to Tuiaki who will then get crunched.

That, coupled with the fact that Moltzen and the team were flying when he was playing no 7, make it a no-brainer.

Wish it was the simple, Sheens will no doubt have Moltzen at fullback next year.

As an Eels fan I thought Moltzen at fullback was the biggest factor in us beating them in a cracking game towards the end of season.

That, coupled with the fact that Moltzen and the team were flying when he was playing no 7, make it a no-brainer. The bloke who broke his leg, the kid in the lower grades, or Lote would all have to be ahead of him to my outsider's perspective.

Moltzen is a really good young halfback, I have no idea why we're wasting him at fullback. If played the whole year with Gallant at the back and Moltzen at halfback, we'd have made the finals. Now Gallant has gone to the Cowboys. I have no idea what Sheens will do next year as far as fullback and halfback go, but he has plenty of options, certainly he can get it right for once.