What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lote Tuqiri signs with Wests Tigers

BuffaloRules

Coach
Moltzen is not a fullback.

1. Tuqiri
2. Tuiaki
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Tupou
6. Marshall
7. Moltzen

14. Taumata

That's what I'd like to see, provided Tupou is fit.

What are you basing your opinion on Lote at fullback on?

1. The Tigers are paying him too much to be a winger.
2. He is too slow for winger.
3.Mullaney is too inexperienced for the position in 2010, and you want to lose him to another club after that.
4. You want to see Shines blow $400K in a way that even he hasn't managed before
5. All of the above...

Surely it cant be his experience at the position....

hybrid_tiger

Coach
What are you basing your opinion on Lote at fullback on?

1. The Tigers are paying him too much to be a winger.
2. He is too slow for winger.
3.Mullaney is too inexperienced for the position in 2010, and you want to lose him to another club after that.
4. You want to see Shines blow $400K in a way that even he hasn't managed before
5. All of the above...

Surely it cant be his experience at the position....

We don't have another fullback that's good enough for FG at the moment. Moltzen is as I already said a halfback, Mullaney is not ready yet, Ryan is not very good, Mitch Brown is a reserve grader, Gallant has left for NQ.

I think Lote would have no problems playing fullback. He may start on the wing initially, but you don't pay that much for a winger (unless you're Brisbane). So IMO he'll be either at fullback or alternatively in the centres.

Vic Mackey

Referee
As an Eels fan I thought Moltzen at fullback was the biggest factor in us beating them in a cracking game towards the end of season.

I have never seen a fullback refuse to run the ball back in the modern era the way he does. Tuiaki's injury came directly because of that. I was at the game with Tiger's fans, who reckoned he does that every time.

That, coupled with the fact that Moltzen and the team were flying when he was playing no 7, make it a no-brainer. The bloke who broke his leg, the kid in the lower grades, or Lote would all have to be ahead of him to my outsider's perspective.

you would 100% right in your opinion of moltzen. he came to the club after playing halfback for the junior kangaroos, but we had john morris in the halves and theres no way sheens was going to move him.

sheens then used him at center at fullback, he was average at center and terrible at fullback.

at halfback when he could play direct and get the ball early, he was brilliant and really took the pressure off marshall.

at fullback he would constantly get caught out of position and run the ball back like a softc*ck. plus in attack he seemed to have no idea where to stand and never backed up breaks/offloads.

Raider_69

Post Whore
You won't ever have to worry - it's not like the Raiders could ever attract a high profile, dual international player to that sh*thole.

Ricky Stuart begs to differ :)
Duel international, profile player and happens to be one of the best halfbacks to ever play the game.
But nice try.

TimmyB

Juniors
Ricky Stuart begs to differ :)
Duel international, profile player and happens to be one of the best halfbacks to ever play the game.
But nice try.

He was hardly brought to Canberra though. Born and bred and was playing in the local ACT union competition.

badav

Bench
Tuqiri has as well..... at the 2000WC he captained the Fijian side from fullback and was one of the real stars for their side. With Lockyer ahead of him at the Broncos he was never going to make the move full time.

It wouldn't be hard for a first grader to star for fiji.

The reason he didn't play fullback at Brisbane is not because Lockyer was ahead of him.

Its because he's got nowhere near enough to his game to be a fullback.

Before you even consider all of that, stand him up against every good fullback today and you'll see that hes far too big. Theres no way he would ever succeed as one in first grade. The only reason it would ever be done would be to justify paying his stupid asking price.

Loudstrat

Coach
So 350K for Tuqiri. If he reproduces his pre-union form, I think it's worth it.

Who else can reproduce their 2001 form? Would like to see Joey, BK, and Mick Buettner do that in 2010.

He's a waste on field. He's a cutie signing. The name that make people talk in tyhe other code.

400k to entice 3 Volvo drivers and a Labrador called Scott to RL. To the Westies, no less. May have worked with a yuppie club like Manly.

Volvos will only get trashed in the Campbelltown Car Park.

Engine

Juniors
Lote has signeda one season deal with Leichester Tigers.

Lote, welcome to Tigertown in 2010!!!

retch

Juniors
71rza1.jpg

Latest posts