What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lote Tuquiri or Paul Gallen?

Who would you prefer?

• Lote Tuquiri

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Paul Gallen

Votes: 18 58.1%

• Total voters

Magpies Forever

Juniors
If we are going to go for it I'd rather Gallen over Tuquiri any day. Mr T is old news, huge ego, past his prime and not worth the effort IMHO but Gallen is a current rep player, a strong forward and would add much more value to the team.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Lote has already agreed to terms

Who cares? No LEGAL contract can be signed until his current RU term o'seas expires. As far as I'm concerned tough sh*t Mr T you dicked WT around big time and have played silly buggers trying to get maxuimum money playing all games- and dont really care about NRL. If WT have something better comealong in the interim before your signature is on paper - tough. I'm sure Mr T would do the same to WT in similar circumstances.

Bench
you dont need good wingers to win a premiership just look at storm and manly :?
Tuqiri is not a fullback and has past hes use by date
What I was thinking,Tuqiri hasn't played fullback for any length of time,and hasn't played league in 7 years,his rugby form is ordinary and everyone thinks he is the greatest ever WestsTigers signing,I don't get it.
We have Moltzen,Lazarus,Brown and Mullaney who can play fullback,we could use some mongrel in the pack more than an over rated past it union reject.

westie

Bench
you dont need good wingers to win a premiership just look at storm and manly :?
Tuqiri is not a fullback and has past hes use by date

Robertson scored the crucial trys to win Manly the GF. The only way they could get Melbourne on the back foot was to beat them to the corner post even resulting to flinging it along the ground to get it to him as quickly as possible. There is no way Manly win the grand final with Beau Ryan on that wing. Let alone Stewart who will play fullback, same as Tuqiri.

Melbourne historically rely on an average forward pack, playing intense football to give their backs, Folau, Slater, Inglis, King, Turner etc the space to reek havoc. There's no amount of space that will allow Ryan to ever have the influence on our side that those Melbourne players had on theirs.

---

Personally, I reckon if Gallen wants to leave, we should be able to sign him as well as Tuqiri who we all should know by now is expected to turn up for pre-season training. Tuqiri never dicked us around, the media dicked a few people who didn't think about the legality of the situation.

Martinplace

Juniors
Gallen, we need the mongrel he brings. Old wingers don't give us any benefits over what we already have. Some have said Tuquiri is a crowd puller, if we win games the crowds will come.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's ridiculous that an old useless rugby union hack winger has the same asking price as a current test backrower

westie

Bench
Is this going to be another Ellis situation?

Tuqiri won't come to us in form, but he'll come to us as an athlete who's body hasn't copped much damage over the past few years. Just because he went to union doesn't mean he suddenly got sh*t. He's a former Kangaroo backline player. Something we've never contemplated before.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gallen is a CURRENT KANGAROO backrower.

I'd take current over former anyday.

We have contemplated and done it before. Terry Hill.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Paul Gallen is also a major f**kwit.

Why do we need another backrower? Ellis provides enough firepower without being a wanker in the process. Plus we already have Gibbs to give away a million penalties per game, we don't need another thick as a brick dickhead doing the same.

Martinplace

Juniors
Paul Gallen is also a major f**kwit.

Why do we need another backrower? Ellis provides enough firepower without being a wanker in the process. Plus we already have Gibbs to give away a million penalties per game, we don't need another thick as a brick dickhead doing the same.

I am not sure about Gallens stats for giving away penalties? I don't think he would be playing for the National team if he gave up a lot, unless they were mongrel penalties (unlike Gibbs dickhead ones)?

But think of the pairing of him & Ellis, f**k, even the shiny one couldn't muck their presence up on the field? Both are line benders & it is what we have lacked for a while, with our forwards & an already useful backline, top 2 or 3 is on the cards, (I think it is anyway, if we stay healthy) but all this is, talk, as they are saying he still has 3 years to go with the sharks? They wont give him up easily.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sharks would pay out his contract, we'd only have to throw an extra 50k at him, if he's able to work things out right (ie sharks release him on their terms, not his)

alien

Referee
I'd rather us get a really good front rower. That is all we need now. Lima would have been good.. :(

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I am not sure about Gallens stats for giving away penalties? I don't think he would be playing for the National team if he gave up a lot, unless they were mongrel penalties (unlike Gibbs dickhead ones)?

But think of the pairing of him & Ellis, f**k, even the shiny one couldn't muck their presence up on the field? Both are line benders & it is what we have lacked for a while, with our forwards & an already useful backline, top 2 or 3 is on the cards, (I think it is anyway, if we stay healthy) but all this is, talk, as they are saying he still has 3 years to go with the sharks? They wont give him up easily.

Gallen is one of the dumbest players around and is always good for a penalty or two.

We need another prop more than a backrower.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fitzy might be that prop yet.

he's more damaging than any other player in the world in any position.