What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loudstrat's 2012 Rugby League Almanac

Lambretta

First Grade
Your stuff is great!
On the Chooks, they sneak up whenever they have a good season, and it will be interesting to see how your pack goes without the deadwood of 3-penalties-per-game Ryles and Nate "Potcrapper" Myles - who has the talent to be the next Steve Roach but is not mentally up to it (not tht its much of a challenge anyway)

So Nate Myles has to fat and unfunny and give opinions on topics in a really dimwitted manner?

I see taxi driver in his future

Loudstrat

Coach
The irony that this statement came from an Eels fan is priceless.
Like you, we are last start winners. Unlike you, half our club didnt walk out and have a very public catfight before the jerseys got washed.

So Nate Myles has to fat and unfunny and give opinions on topics in a really dimwitted manner?

I see taxi driver in his future
Only if he speaks in a high voice. But he has the potential.

14th? You're dreaming. Bulldogs will make the 8. Probably top 4.
Pfft. What has changed? They got a long haired, short tempered version of Scott Cram to coach their side after punting 2 coaches in 8 weeks. They bought a big name player - they are always buying someone ffs! And their entire attacking hope is a speedhump!

forward pass

Coach
Who gives a rats about the predictions. We all have our own!

It was meant to be lighthearted but that seems to have been missed by a large number of numbskulls on here.

Well done. That was funny and at times brutally honest. I cant believe the whingers saying it didn't deserve its own thread!!! fmd. If it was in the 2012 predictions thread I would not have gone anywhere near it.

Nice work!

Your stuff is great! I figure anything like this is better than the obscurity of anything started by Popeye or another AFL paranoia thread. Plus I already pissed of one OCD Canterbury supporter and a dimwit Bronco (well, arent they all, but she's special!) These things are always worthwhile!

On the Chooks, they sneak up whenever they have a good season, and it will be interesting to see how your pack goes without the deadwood of 3-penalties-per-game Ryles and Nate "Potcrapper" Myles - who has the talent to be the next Steve Roach but is not mentally up to it (not tht its much of a challenge anyway)

I'm not sure where you got pissed off from. But, just wanted to try to get under your skin a little, and boy did I get the desired effect.

FTR, I think you have Manly & NZ way too low. GC & Parra probably a bit too high.

POPEYE

Coach
I'm with Loudmouth. All he was trying to do was inject a little life into a dull pre season.

Keep it up champ . . . f**k anyone without a sense of humour

Loudstrat

Coach
Cheers Pops. And yes it has been an extremely dull off season. Previous years we have had stuff like "Name your all time [insert category] team" (The bloodnut one was the best), and last year was the hilarious Inglis-Broncos-Souffs love triangle.

This year - yawn.

Twats like Pennywise whinging about where people post what is now a highlight!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So where are the Doggies gunna finish this year Timmah? First? Second? Canterbury alway carry on about buying a famous forward - they buy one every season ffs! In fact you are the last of the inner city clubs to buy a Pommy forward after Easts bought Morley, Souffs bought Baby John Burgess and Wests got Ellis. Can t have anyone out buy you lot can we!

Any one of the other prediction threads have my thoughts. Somewhere between 4th and 6th or 7th, could be anywhere depending on injuries really.

Not a huge likelihood of top four IMO but holding out hope. Can't see a minor premiership or second place being possible just yet.

Silent Knight

First Grade
I'm with Loudmouth. All he was trying to do was inject a little life into a dull pre season.

Keep it up champ . . . f**k anyone without a sense of humour

Now you know why I carry on like a redneck over the off-season. I need to come up with crap just to amuse myself and ease the pain of no NRL. Your threads are one of my favourite sources for posting crap Pops.

When the NRL season comes around I'll start talking footy again. With a generous amount of LOL@50uff$ thrown in for good measure :D

POPEYE

Coach
Now you know why I carry on like a redneck over the off-season. I need to come up with crap just to amuse myself and ease the pain of no NRL. Your threads are one of my favourite sources for posting crap Pops.

When the NRL season comes around I'll start talking footy again. With a generous amount of LOL@50uff$ thrown in for good measure :D

I try hard to like you . . . even to the extent of ignoring extreme naivity.

You should however pay more attention to reading your posts before submitting them. You either have a large mouth or small feet.

You talk of rednecking only in the off-season and yet can't wait for the season to start to bag a team.

This year try to be a shepherd instead of a sheep. You don't need to wait for the redneck dinner bell to make a point.

Better still, ignore the easy way out and try to focus on the good things in the game . . .
harder but more rewarding and you're not 'redneck f**cked' yet as are some of your contemporaries

POPEYE

Coach
Cheers Pops. And yes it has been an extremely dull off season. Previous years we have had stuff like "Name your all time [insert category] team" (The bloodnut one was the best), and last year was the hilarious Inglis-Broncos-Souffs love triangle.

This year - yawn.

Twats like Pennywise whinging about where people post what is now a highlight!

I'm just a softy . . . never could drive past an animal caught in the mud

Lambretta

First Grade
Here are some of my pre season predictions from a game of up, down, same.

Warriors

Weeeeell, I'm not all that sure about this team. They could really be building for something, or they could end up like the Roosters and Parramatta before them, who looked great in a Finals series only to turn into pooh the following year. They have some freakish (and mentally more stable than Parra and Easts) players in their squad and some really talented youth players waiting in the wings. This is their real strength. Their weakness is their coach has f**ked off to Sydneys arsehole to be Phil Gould's scapegoat. I'm going to put my head on the block and predict a climb from this mob. The only way is ip booby.

Cowboys

Things have been very stable in Townsville this off season (which is a blessing as it's cyclone season) and nowhere more so in the player movement stakes. Willie Tonga has gone to Parra and thats about their only loss. In honour of signing Robert Lui the Cowboys have signed a deal with English electronic outfit the Prodigy and will now play "Smack my bitch up" every time they score a try. They'll also play it twice for every point scored during the Women in League round. Now was anyone else watching late last year when the Cowboys forward pack turned into a mental f**king machine? The Cowboys have the material to be a top 3 team, but do they have the heart and the stamina? Having watched their improvement in the latter half of 2011 and the fact they havent lost players I think they can. Minor Premiers? OK maybe not, but top 4 is not beyond them. (unless Thurston gets kicked in the bollocks of course - then they're season is over)

Lambretta

First Grade
Newcastle - UP - if they don't improve on last season, I'll eat my hat (which is made of custard, so remembering this promise is not as fun as you'd imagine). They have recruited well, bringing in a quality fullback that will allow Gidley to play a controlling roll around the ruck. That alone should pay dividends in the win loss area. Last year, the Knights were one of those sides that looked great in patches and awful at others. They could have finished anywhere from 8th to 11th and got lucky enough to finish 8th, but we all know that hardly makes you a finals contender. This season they will be a contender. I dont think they'll win it, but they're building towards something special soon.

Bulldogs - Down. This is a team with a workmanlike forward pack with an average second row. They have players with the ability to blow open games, but lack the ability as a team to be consistant. They do not have an established, quality halves pairing and their backline looks decidedly patchy. But you know the Bulldogs spirit will get them through games they really should lose and that means they're hard to predict. Remember, if you win half your games you end up in 8th spot and the Dogs are capable of that. But they also have the capacity to f**k things up royally and if they get injuries to a couple of key members to their forward pack they could struggle. They may prove me wrong, but I'm tipping them to slide.

Souths - What the flip do I make of this lot? They have the forward pack capable of taking on the league and had they not suffered so many key injuries last year they would have made the play offs for sure - probably finishing as high as 6th. But they've lost their key playmaker and the only established playmaker they have is a lazy, good for nothing twot half the time. OK, in fairness, the other half of the time, he's great - but a 50% man as your key play maker? That's worrying. That puts alot of pressure onto the shoulders of the youngster coming in to replace Sandow. Still they unearthed a great player in Roberts last season and their injuries meant some other second string players like McQueen, Farrell etc got valuable playing time and if their first 13 stay fit that makes their bench really impressive. Plus they've added Matt King and if Inglis is fit from the start they'll make trouble. Finish.....? 9th lol@Souff$

Roosters - Same, or down. Last year the Roosters were a team that struggled and at one stage looked destined for the wooden spoon. Yet the team stuck together and once Carney was dumped they ended the season with four straight wins and 10th place on the ladder. There is alot to like about this team and alot to concern their supporters at the same time. Anasta and Pearce as a halves combination? I just dont see that breaking down too many teams. Both players are precentage footballers. That works when you're St George and the rest of the team dont drop the f**king ball all the time, but this is the Roosters. Knock ons arent part of the game, they are a way of life. That means you need to break games off your own try line and score from long range. Carney could do that, Anasta and Pearce cannot. They get through the sets and kick for field position. If the team can do that, they'll use their defence to win field position back and will win games. If they cant they'll lose more than they win. The Roosters have the youngest squad in the NRL with very few big name players and an extremely mobile pack. But their pack lacks class, size and impact at times. Their back line needs their best players on the park at all times as it has no depth. If they can keep their best team on the park for most of the season, they'll end where they did last year. If they get bitten by injuries, they'll slide down a couple of spots.

Panthers - How could this team have been a top 3 candidate just two years ago? Phil Gould and Ivan Cleary have their work cut out if they want to return to the top of the NRL pack. Their second row has Lewis. In fact, he's their pack and one of their play makers. That's not enough. Trent Waterhouse has gone to Warrington and Petro has gone to Brisbane. They've been replaced by Danny Galea & Client Newton. Think about that for a while. They're relying on youth and their juniors to turn things around, but that takes time, I think that Gould has a three year plan in place and this is just year 1. They will get there, but not in 2012. In their favour though they have a backline that includes Jennings, Coote & Gordon. Most teams would kill for that pedigree and if those three stay fit and interested in playing (yes I'm looking at you Jennings) then they could well surprise a few people. But my tip is a slide.

Latest posts