What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loudstrat's 2012 Rugby League Almanac

Lambretta

First Grade
Cronulla Sharks

Yazz and the plastic population - BABY - Last year the Sharks were competative at best and just plain lost at others. They lacked creativity but Gallen and co usually put in enough effort to keep the scoreboard respectable. They've lost Snowden and Douglas, two very competant forwards which will hurt them. They've also lost Dean Collis a pretty boy with the speed of a much older man, which won't. However it's their additions that count. Bryce Gibbs, Andrew Fifita and Ben Ross have added muscle, whilst Issac De Gois and Todd Carney have added some brains. Oh did I just say that? If Carney can stay out of trouble and happy he will create chances for his team. The question though is who will he create them for? They need speed to capitalise on the breaks so Albert Kelly and the like need to be there too. De Gois will provide good direction from dummy half and I'm tipping them to rise like a paedophiles c**k in a classroom.

Parramatta Eels

Last year the Eels were a whisker away from two things. Winning games and the wooden spoon. How can a team be as competative as they were and keep losing games? Well, stacking your squad with useless old has beens and forgetting to run on the field with any play makers were probably at the heart of it. They're attempting to remedy this by adding Chris Sandow at half back whilst bringing in some genuine quality in Willie Tonga to add speed and power out wide. They've also added a capable player in Esi Tonga, a promising player in Jon Mannah and a famous name in Jamil Hopoate. These additions will offer the Eels the genuine capability of winning some of those close games that they lost last year. On the other side of the ledger their best known forwards are, well, lets call them advanced in years and their most capable forward last year was Reni Maitua. Are there any alarm bells ringing here? Their coach implemented some structures that should reap the benefits this season now they've added some craft into the halves. As long as the old men and their reservist hacks up front can keep the ball going forward they'll win as many as they lose. Up, but not World beaters.

Lambretta

First Grade
Isn't an Almanac an annual reference as opposed to an annual preview? :?

almond-calories.jpg

+

R%C3%A9my_Martin_Coeur_de_Cognac.jpg

= Almanac

So, yeah - drunken nuts basically

Jimminy

Juniors
Cool thread. That loudstrat dude is funny but I'm too drunk to read most of it. Perhaps these predictions could be regulated as a competition. Let's say..

I only have six posts so can't put an email. Replace & with @. Aparrently lol&50uff$$ is an email. Whose is it?? That's a money maker right there..

Predict premiers (one team) - 10 points
Predict spooners (other than lol&50uff$ - is that the way to say Souths?) - 10 points
Predict top 4 - other than premiers (one team) - 3 points
Predict top 8 - other than premiers or top 4 (one team) - 3 points
Predict 9-12 (one team) - 3 points
Predict 13-16 - other than spooners (and lol&50uff$) (one team) - 3 points
Predict top point scorer - 10 points
Predict top try scorer - 10 points
Predict Dally M - 10 points
Predict best % goalkicker (a player might have 1/1, maybe at least 10 shots) - 10 points
Predict biggest vote for forum tool - 1 point. I'm sure you guys know who it is. I'm new
.. and other stuff

Got a better points system? Predictions close on xx-xx-12

For the record I pick Sharks top 8.. to slide from the top at the back end of the season when Carney gets busted with the Bra Boys. or not. Let's just say Sharks top 8.

Whoever wins has gloating rights after intial season bagging ;p

Loudstrat

Coach
Welcome Jimminy. Nice name - cant decide if you are into summer sports or Buddy Holly though.

As for the email addy - go to souffs.com and find out. Given that it's 3 letters and simple to remember - it's either )1 Inglis, 2)Piggins or 3) Fien.

As for your points system - you can so the maths through the year to keep score. Or just give the points to me. The Almanac is rarely wrong!

I do wonder if I had Canterbury too high though.

Loudstrat

Coach
I'm tipping them to rise like a paedophiles c**k in a classroom.
:lol::lol:

Wondering about your comments on the old forwards though. Hindy and Fui are the only ones over 30 I believe, and although Maitua is nearing it he's more a bonus talent than someone we built the side around. Front Rowers are generally the latest bloomers on the field, and Fui, for what he does, doesnt need youth. Rueben Wiki was at his best over 30. Poore, Shack, Keating and Smith are in their prime years, and the Manna brothers and Horo are young.

Latest posts