What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU - Greatest Rapper Of All Time

Ras Kass one of the greatest? smh

Soul On Ice = classic.

Yeah he dropped some weak stuff, particularly his solos in the new millenium, but Van Gogh, Rassassination, Soul on Ice and the HRSMN project...crazy.

Especially if someone is gonna mention Common. Like Water, and arguably BE are the only works of his worth noting.

That's your opinion, you're entitled to it. The purpose of this excercise was to throw up 32 names for a tournament, no?

Because if we really wanted to be honest, we could do it justice with just eight.

Big Daddy Kane
Kool G Rap
Rakim
Notorious BIG
Nas
GZA
Big L
Jay Z

kavaholic

Juniors
That's your opinion, you're entitled to it. The purpose of this excercise was to throw up 32 names for a tournament, no?

Because if we really wanted to be honest, we could do it justice with just eight.

Big Daddy Kane
Kool G Rap
Rakim
Notorious BIG
Nas
GZA
Big L
Jay Z

I think we'll just run with the 32, would make things a bit more interesting.

Only need one more nomination...

Cliffhanger

Coach
Continuing the trend for the hip-hop fans on here. Might run it a bit different though by running a knockout style voting comp with 32 nominated artists.

Allowing 2 nominees from each member

1. Rakim
2. KRS-One
3. Andre 3000
4. Notorious B.I.G.
5. Kool G Rap
6. GZA
7. Big L
8. Ice Cube
9. Q-Tip
10. Nas
11. Big Pun
12. 2Pac
13. Slick Rick
14. Jay-Z
15. Eminem
16. Sage Francis
17. Slug
18. Lupe Fiasco
19. Kanye West
20. Chuck D
21. Dr. Dre
22. Xzibit
23. Scarface
24. Canibus
25. Tech N9ne
26. Big Daddy Kane
27. RA The Rugged Man
28. Ras Kass
29. Gostface Killah
30. LL Cool J
31. Common
Wow that list sucks.

Immortal Technique.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Deltron 3030 is the best hip hop album of all time so Del needs a nomination if just for that. Deltron Event II has been in production since 2006. Hope it's worth the wait.

Gift Of Gab needs more love that mofo has mad skills on the mic. Blackalicious motherf**kers.

r effort guys, no J Dilla, no Mad Lib, no Prodigy, no D.O.C, no Guru and Kanye makes the list?

WTF?
You could only nominate a couple each. The fact that there is no Diamond D, Lord Finnesse, OC, Jeru the Damaja, Inspectah Deck, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Killah Priest, ODB...you could really go on for yonks.

I think for the most part you've captured the top 10 though, so by the time you work through to the quaters, you should have the jist, or near enough to it.

Cliffhanger

Coach
You could only nominate a couple each. The fact that there is no Diamond D, Lord Finnesse, OC, Jeru the Damaja, Inspectah Deck, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Killah Priest, ODB...you could really go on for yonks.

I think for the most part you've captured the top 10 though, so by the time you work through to the quaters, you should have the jist, or near enough to it.
I love Talib Kwali but he wouldn't make my top 32. Mos Def would just make it.

OC is very underrated, actually most of the best MCs are, Word...Life is a f**king dope.

MF Grimm is probably who I would say is the most underrated though.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Going to just throw in likely rappers to be nominated along with those nominated thus far
11. Masta Killa
I really hope you meant Masta Ace.

You could have made list of the top 32 wu-tang members and affiliates Masta Killa still could miss out. I was admittingly exaggerating but you can't be serious?

I love Talib Kwali but he wouldn't make my top 32. Mos Def would just make it.

OC is very underrated, actually most of the best MCs are, Word...Life is a f**king dope.

MF Grimm is probably who I would say is the most underrated though.

Its interesting though, most people would have Talib in their 32. I probably wouldnt either, though I'd have a few that probably wouldn't make most peoples lists.

MF Grimm is the man. Anybody who wants to hear an emcee diss another correct, hop on youtube and give "Book of Daniel" a listen. Doom gets put in his place. So many personal lines which is what makes the good diss tracks (Ether, Nail in the Coffin, Bitch In Yoo) stand out from the rest (Westcoast Slaughterhouse, the Takeover etc...Im not saying they're bad, Im just saying they're not as good) , one which sticks out..."Doing songs with Rza? Thats funny shit, I remember when you told me that he bit Tik Tik!". I lol'd for ages.

Deltron 3030 is the best hip hop album of all time so Del needs a nomination if just for that. Deltron Event II has been in production since 2006. Hope it's worth the wait.

Gift Of Gab needs more love that mofo has mad skills on the mic. Blackalicious motherf**kers.

It's definitely the most ignored album.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Its interesting though, most people would have Talib in their 32. I probably wouldnt either, though I'd have a few that probably wouldn't make most peoples lists.

MF Grimm is the man. Anybody who wants to hear an emcee diss another correct, hop on youtube and give "Book of Daniel" a listen. Doom gets put in his place. So many personal lines which is what makes the good diss tracks (Ether, Nail in the Coffin, Bitch In Yoo) stand out from the rest (Westcoast Slaughterhouse, the Takeover etc...Im not saying they're bad, Im just saying they're not as good) , one which sticks out..."Doing songs with Rza? Thats funny shit, I remember when you told me that he bit Tik Tik!". I lol'd for ages.
American Hunger is completely win. Some great underground rappers are on the album too. MF Grimm is one of the best there is, I'd love to know which tracks he ghost wrote. The guy is an excellent writer, some of the best lyrics.

Karma is probably my favourite track on American Hunger and it's with Ill Bill who I also love.