What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU Panthers all time 17 Team. Final Result.

betcats

Referee
Depends how you are doing it really. On achievements at penrith then its basically all the current guys. Sorro has 4 rings, Kenny 3. Hard to leave them out based on their resume., But if its on talent or favourites then there were be some of the older guys in there.

soc123_au

Staff member
Depends how you are doing it really. On achievements at penrith then its basically all the current guys. Sorro has 4 rings, Kenny 3. Hard to leave them out based on their resume., But if its on talent or favourites then there were be some of the older guys in there.
It's subjective really. Like you say if it's achievement then its' just a matter of coming up with the best 17 from the past 4 years. I'll be looking at it as the ultimate Panthers dream team, so will be interested in the discussions on how you narrow down Cleary, Luai, Brandy, Freddy, Preston, Carter, Gower etc into the limited spots. Some positions imo will pick themselves, but others will be hotly contested with some gun players missing out. Something to keep us amused over the off season.

Frankus

Juniors
It’s a tough one

1. Edwards
2. Rooney
3. Fittler
4. S Crichton
5. To’o
6. Luai
7. Cleary
8. Leota
9. Royce
10. Fisher-Harris
11. Lewis
12. Liam Martin
13. Yeo
14. Gower
15. Geyer
16. G Alexander
17. Priddis

I know that isn’t a real bench but just picking best 13 and 4 others.

Pains me to omit guys like Girds, Big T, Cartwright, Steve Carter, Api, Kenny, Kikau.

I know there will be some brow raising selections like Lewis in the 2nd row considering he won a prem on the wing over someone like Puletua, Kikau or Sorro. I just loved Lewis - could play anywhere but I always thought his best body of work was in the second row. Won a Clive although not with us.

Possibly even Royce at 9 over Priddis, Api or Kenny. Maybe nostalgia for me - was our first ever Kangaroo rep.

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
People who were around in the early 90’s will have to share who was better out of Geyer and Cartwright. Might decide a spot. Our 2nd row historically is stacked.

soc123_au

Staff member
People who were around in the early 90’s will have to share who was better out of Geyer and Cartwright. Might decide a spot. Our 2nd row historically is stacked.
Depends what you want from a player. Cartwright was more skillful and reliable. Geyer was a flat out lunatic. Both great, but in different ways.

Alintheeast

Juniors
Funny no one mentions Trent Waterhouse played for Australia 12 times. Maybe move Critta to wing bring in Fittler to centre.

Latest posts