What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU Panthers all time 17 Team. Final Result.

Someone2

Bench
A starting 13 attempt. A couple of fan boy choices in the way of Geyer and maybe Priddo..

1. Edwards
2. Rooney
3. Ryan Girdler
4. Critta
5. Toó
6. Luai
7. Cleary
8. Leota
9. Luke Priddis
10. Fisher-Harris
11. Mark Geyer
12. Liam Martin
13. Yeo

didnt anyone ever tell you drugs are bad

Wesser > Edwards

Gower and Alexander > chin and Luai

Pomoz

Bench
I would have Tony P over both of them. Had the skill of Cartwright but on his day could be as physical at Geyer; made many a half his speed bump…
The trouble was, what was the day? He couldn't be bothered a lot of the time. As physical as Geyer? Geyer was a nutter and having watched him live, demolished players (like Puletua though, only when he could be bothered) with brutal hits, I just can't see it. I saw him knock Graham Wynn out with a shoulder charge (legal hit, not head high) so hard, he was asleep before he hit the floor. Graham Wynn was a big front rower.

That said, Cartwright was a much better player than both Geyer and Puletua. Consistent effort, better defence and a better motor than both of them. There's a reason Cartwright had more than twice the rep jerseys Geyer had and was made captain of Penrith.

No Terry Wickey, no Brad Waugh, no Gowie, no Trindall, no Ben Ross, no Mick Kelly, no Camel, no Brohman, no Geoff Gerard, no izzards, no Franze

Sorry buddies, this thread is a Johnny Come lately, fair weather effort.

Shame on you for turning your back on smuggy history.

Giants of the club straddled and stomped on for modern-day pussycat nancy boys.

Shaking my head in disbelief.

Last edited:

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
If we’re talking specific years, prime Mansour of ‘16 walks into the other wing spot. Scary to think about the trajectory he was on before Dugan f***ed his knee up at Kangaroos camp. Rooney declined after Girdler retired. Flash a good shout, also Critta but I feel that would be a bit cheap.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
If we’re talking specific years, prime Mansour of ‘16 walks into the other wing spot. Scary to think about the trajectory he was on before Dugan f***ed his knee up at Kangaroos camp. Rooney declined after Girdler retired. Flash a good shout, also Critta but I feel that would be a bit cheap.
Sauce was the prototype but he still he too many errors imo

soc123_au

Staff member
No Terry Wickey, no Brad Waugh, no Gowie, no Trindall, no Ben Ross, no Mick Kelly, no Camel, no Brohman, no Geoff Gerard, no izzards, no Franze

Sorry buddies, this thread is a Johnny Come lately, fair weather effort.

Shame on you for turning your back on smuggy history.

Giants of the club straddled and stomped on for modern-day pussycat nancy boys.

Shaking my head in disbelief.
Johnny come lately? Thread is 9 years old brah.

Johnny come lately? Thread is 9 years old brah.
Not the thread socklette, just some of the later players names I’m seeing and cussing at.

A couple of premierships and I’m figuring people are happy clappers.

Royce Simmons, did I mention him? I pray he’s going OK. The ultimate forward.

In the relative terms, you’ve always had some elite players on the ground. Not always surrounded by the best, but in their era, very high brow.

Terry Wickey would run rings around Mitch Moses.

Latest posts