What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU Panthers Forum Player of the Year 2020

The_Frog

First Grade
You’re being a tad hypocritical as well because you directly address my “off topic” points and then tell everyone it’s a player points thread.
Sometimes discussion follows on from the ratings, particularly those that include explanations, which is highly encouraged. But talking about our coach and his failures is unrelated to the Player of the Year, and doesn't belong here. You are welcome to post in the appropriate place.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
There's a core of a dozen or so Panther fans who allocate points out of 10 to every player who takes the field in our colours in every game, and that is how it's determined. While there's nothing stopping anyone who supports the Panthers voting for the Grand Final, its not voting for the player of the year as such.

Oh I'm sorry I misunderstood.

soc123_au

Staff member
Grand Final vs Storm

Edwards 6
Mansour 6
May 4
Crichton 6
To'o 7
Luai 6
Cleary 6
Tamou 6
Koroisau 6
Fisher-Harris 7
Kikau 5
Martin 5
Yeo 7

Naden 6
Capewell 5
Leota 6
Tetevano 5

Sometimes discussion follows on from the ratings, particularly those that include explanations, which is highly encouraged. But talking about our coach and his failures is unrelated to the Player of the Year, and doesn't belong here. You are welcome to post in the appropriate place.

It’s not highly encouraged, you just condemned me for it! Yet another contradiction.

Now please stop trying to control my content. It’s not the lu way.

You don’t have to read my discussion with Westy.

No one is forcing you. Ignore us. I don’t think we’d care.

Westy thought the discussion belonged here, why is your view more important than his?!

WestyLife

First Grade
It’s not highly encouraged, you just condemned me for it! Yet another contradiction.

Now please stop trying to control my content. It’s not the lu way.

You don’t have to read my discussion with Westy.

No one is forcing you. Ignore us. I don’t think we’d care.

Westy thought the discussion belonged here, why is your view more important than his?!

Well to be fair I didn't mean to cause @The_Frog any drama as he has to do data collection on here and would feel pretty bad if that were the case.

Kilkenny

Coach
I haven’t been able to bring myself to try and give points for our GF loss.

I would need to watch the game again and I’m not at that stage.

You could probably give our player of the year to three or four we had many fine players over the course of the season.

I understand from what Frog has suggested it was probably close between JFH and YEO so hard to argue there but I tend to think Nathan was our best player in 2020 and was most instrumental in getting us the minor premiership and into the GF.

It is kind of a shame Nathan seems to be copping it from some for our GF loss and again from the SOO loss.

I don’t think he is deserving of the criticism coming his way.

WestyLife

First Grade
I haven’t been able to bring myself to try and give points for our GF loss.

I would need to watch the game again and I’m not at that stage.

You could probably give our player of the year to three or four we had many fine players over the course of the season.

I understand from what Frog has suggested it was probably close between JFH and YEO so hard to argue there but I tend to think Nathan was our best player in 2020 and was most instrumental in getting us the minor premiership and into the GF.

It is kind of a shame Nathan seems to be copping it from some for our GF loss and again from the SOO loss.

I don’t think he is deserving of the criticism coming his way.

Leaders take responsibility and the lion's share of accountability.

Pomoz

Bench
So it's on Ivan and Tamou then?
Ivan got it wrong in the selection room and then ignored what he saw with his own eyes as the game unfolded and didn't use his bench to get Kikau off, so yes our leader takes the blame. As for Tamou, you don't blame the Sergeant (Tamou) because the General (Cleary) told you to take the wrong hill and the battle is lost.

age.s

First Grade
Ivan got it wrong in the selection room and then ignored what he saw with his own eyes as the game unfolded and didn't use his bench to get Kikau off, so yes our leader takes the blame. As for Tamou, you don't blame the Sergeant (Tamou) because the General (Cleary) told you to take the wrong hill and the battle is lost.

My comment was in response to the insinuation that Nathan was the leader/general and should take the lions share of responsibility. He's a key cog in our team, but the kid is 23. He isn't the leader of this footy team no matter how the media want to spin it.

Agree with your assessment ftr. Was just illustrating a point.

The_Frog

First Grade
With the Merv Cartwright Medal being held this weekend, I am inspired to finally finalise this. Stay tuned over the weekend.

Unfortunately only 4 people did ratings for the GF.

Kilkenny

Coach
With the Merv Cartwright Medal being held this weekend, I am inspired to finally finalise this. Stay tuned over the weekend.

Unfortunately only 4 people did ratings for the GF.

I wouldn’t take any offence it was a tough call and like many I just couldn’t bring myself to do the ratings.

Still haven’t watched a replay or any highlights. Just can’t bring myself to do it.

The_Frog

First Grade
I wouldn’t take any offence it was a tough call and like many I just couldn’t bring myself to do the ratings.

Still haven’t watched a replay or any highlights. Just can’t bring myself to do it.
It was a long time before I could watch 1990 over again. As it turned out we were a bit unlucky to lose after a poor start against a white hot opponent.

The_Frog

First Grade
Grand Final vs Storm Average Ratings

Edwards 5.8
Mansour 6.0
May 4.0
Crichton 6.0
To'o 6.6
Luai 6.1
Cleary 5.5
Tamou 5.8
Koroisau 6.1
Fisher-Harris 7.0
Kikau 4.8
Martin 5.5
Yeo 7.0

Naden 6.3
Capewell 5.0
Leota 5.7
Tetevano 5.1

Final Standings (games + finals)

1. Fisher-Harris 1722 (20 + 3)
2. Yeo 1700 (19 + 3)
3. Cleary 1669 (18 + 3)
4. Luai 1657 (20 + 3)
5. Koroisau 1616 (17 + 3)
6. Tamou 1524 (19 + 3)
7. Crichton 1513 (19 + 3)
8. Mansour 1482 (19 + 3)
9. Martin 1479 (18 + 3)
10. Leota 1437 (20 + 3)
11. Kikau 1344 (17 + 2)
12. Tetevano 1313 (16 + 3)
13. Naden 1305 (16 + 2)
14. To'o 1234 (14 + 3)
15. Edwards 1181 (11 + 3)
16. May 1069 (13 + 3)
17. Leniu 724 (11)
18. Capewell 614 (6 + 3)
19. Burns 487 (10)
20. Aekins 460 (8)
21. Kenny 376 (5 + 1)
22. Whare 329 (7)
23. Burton 243 (4)
24. Laurie 174 (3)
25. Staines 169 (2)
26. Hetherington 105 (2)
27. MWZ 61 (1)

Congratulations to James Fisher-Harris for winning this prestigious award for the second year running. If earlier years are any guide, he'll go close to winning the Merv as well.

And thanks to all who participated. Maybe we'll go again in 2021, who knows?