What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU Panthers Forum Player of the Year 2020

TheFrog

Coach
I'm expecting JFH to be a little quiet early on, coming back from injury. It must be the first pec strain that has not cost the player a single NRL game.

Fangs

Coach
Lets save you all that time and effort and just award it now to JFH.

Only kidding, I'm in. I'm hoping Nathan wins it, as it means he will have had great year, and then the Panthers should of as well.

I think Nathan Cleary is a special too, Korisau in the mix too.

He won't lose votes as the sole half, without Maloney there is no one to take a mark or two off him. He has a very sound all round game plus top notch goal kicking so there will be rarely be a game where he doesn't get over 7 or 8/10. Kinda like how he completely owns in Fantasy League. Unfortunately that is yet to translate into real life. Here's hoping in 2020.

Fish is the people's champion. But with Tetevano replacing RCG there is more competition in the forwards. I think he will drop back a peg.

Crashtest

Juniors
I think Nathan Cleary is a special too, Korisau in the mix too.

He won't lose votes as the sole half, without Maloney there is no one to take a mark or two off him. He has a very sound all round game plus top notch goal kicking so there will be rarely be a game where he doesn't get over 7 or 8/10. Kinda like how he completely owns in Fantasy League. Unfortunately that is yet to translate into real life. Here's hoping in 2020.

Fish is the people's champion. But with Tetevano replacing RCG there is more competition in the forwards. I think he will drop back a peg.

A dark horse to win it could be Kikau, if he can remain injury free. He looks a lot fitter this season, so hopefully he can maintain his form across the whole season, and have less games where he fades in and out.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
I'm in.
Frog did a great job last year. Even when we had people giving minus scores because we played so crap.
Nado to win and defy all the nay sayers. Top try scorer, Daily M center of the year.
Go Nado.

OldPanther

Coach
Yeo won the Merv a couple of years back, IIRC.

Likely deserved. Love the guy but he isn't the superstar who'll deliver a highlight real palming guys off and step half a team to score. He's a highly consistent workhorse.

Kilkenny

Coach
Isaah Yeo is a super player, great person, great clubman and great ambassador.

He had endured some tough times playing busted in recent years but remains a great asset.

I really think at his best he could have stepped up to SOO level but alas even though he still has good seasons ahead of him he probably isn’t going to graduate to that level.

We can only hope he remains fit and injury free in 2020 and we will reap the benefit.

OldPanther

Coach
Isaah Yeo is a super player, great person, great clubman and great ambassador.

He had endured some tough times playing busted in recent years but remains a great asset.

I really think at his best he could have stepped up to SOO level but alas even though he still has good seasons ahead of him he probably isn’t going to graduate to that level.

We can only hope he remains fit and injury free in 2020 and we will reap the benefit.

I think our defence will be improved greatly with a fit Yeo in the middle.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think our defence will be improved greatly with a fit Yeo in the middle.

Absolutely. The guy is a machine. Rarely if ever makes a mistake, rarely misses a tackle, almost never concedes a penalty. I think Boyd Cordner is a fantastic player despite some of the flack he cops and Isaah really isn’t that far behind him in footballing ability. Boyd plays for the Roosters and Isaah plays for us. Very similar types of players one of whom plays for the Roosters and get’s all the plaudits (rightly so) and the other plays for us.

Kilkenny

Coach
Fangs, you did a terrific job last season and yes I am definitely in for player ratings.

I am sure if we have a better season this year you are going to have your work cut out.