What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU Penrith Panthers preview 2007

Ron Jeremy

Coach
skeepe said:
a nothing Canberra team? If anything Elliot UNDER-achieved at Canberra, and should have done far better with the squad he had.

Yeah Canberra had seasoned first gradrers remember:lol:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Atleast Elliot will have more to work with.

Pretty good nucleaus-Wesser, Lewis, Gower, Clinton, Priddis etc

Big Mick

Referee
_Johnsy said:
I am sorry to all panthers fans, but as soon as I read those 2 words i stopped. If enthuisiasm is what you were missing in 2006 your entire squad needs new jobs.

we missed a lot more than enthusiasm, but if u bothered to read on you would have seen that more was mentioned. Instead, you ignored the article.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Further to Dilmah's post, I have gone further back in this thread and wiped out posts where squabbling about other sites seems to be taking place.

Please note that LU is not the place to be debating the moderating policies on other websites. It has nothing to do with LU and besides that, it wrecks good discussions here. So leave it at the door.

If you want to provide 'feedback' about the management of any other website, go to them directly and please keep it off these forums.

Cheers.

mxlegend99

Referee
Mr Saab said:
Panthers are screwed. Their forward pack are a bunch of pussy cats.
:lol:

With all the reps and international players in our forwards... it's safe to say that's not what our problem is - although some players weren't greatly conditioned from Lang trying to bulk our pack up, Elliot is fixing that.

It's the centres. Once we lost Girds and Fats... we not only weakened in the centres, but our wingers have gotten nowhere near the amount of opportunities and are also weakened.

Big Mick

Referee
mxlegend99 said:
It's the centres. Once we lost Girds and Fats... we not only weakened in the centres, but our wingers have gotten nowhere near the amount of opportunities and are also weakened.

Bingo

Also along with that, we tried to replace two attacking weapons with defensive players who couldn't pass.

I believe this year, we got it right. Lewis is starting to get adjusted to centre and Michael Jennings is an absolute gun. Plus we have other young players who will be pushing these guys such as Liam Campbell, Geoff Daniella, Matthew Forwood....plus other guys like Bob Blair, Nathan Smith and Pee Wee Moke. All of these guys are going for one spot.

I don't care what anyone says, if u have that many guys competing for a spot, you will get the absolute best out of them and the best one for the job will play.

We will have speed in our backline, something we didn't have last year until Mick Gordon came into the team.

We will have better distribution from our halves, and we will have second phase play from our forward pack.

I think many people will be eating their words when it comes to the end of the season.

Mr Saab

Referee
mxlegend99 said:
:lol:

With all the reps and international players in our forwards... it's safe to say that's not what our problem is - although some players weren't greatly conditioned from Lang trying to bulk our pack up, Elliot is fixing that.

Only good "Rep" in the panthers forwards is Tony Puletua and Priddis.

Clinton likes to talk the talk but he is a shadow of his former self from 2003.
Waterhouse lost his shadow!

pantherz9103

First Grade
I know how the Canberra fans must have felt with there team being written off last year, but they went on to make the finals, its a pity they put an ordinary show in v Dogs in the quarter finals. I wouldn't write us off that easily, Firman has to perform and soon otherwise he won't last.

mxlegend99

Referee
Mr Saab said:
Only good "Rep" in the panthers forwards is Tony Puletua and Priddis.

Clinton likes to talk the talk but he is a shadow of his former self from 2003.
Waterhouse lost his shadow!
Dude, what drugs are you on? You forget Frank Pritchard, one of the best forwards for the Kiwis in the Australia vs New Zealand Grand Final.

Waterhouse has been sh*t the past 2 years, but Clinton has been very solid (more good performances then bad). The softest player we had was Luke Swain, we got rid of him.

With Elliots coaching, IMO Clinton and Waterhouse will have the best seasons of their careers. Both are in better shape then ever before, and Elliot is being a lot more intense with his coaching then Lang was. He's also willing to drop guys who don't perform. Lang was still rewarding players from 2003 by allowing them to play no matter what their form was like.

pantherz9103

First Grade
mxlegend99 said:
Waterhouse has been sh*t the past 2 years, .

He was burned out at lock. If he's still lock then he needs to do more with the ball and most importantly not drop it when we are hot on attack!

mxlegend99

Referee
IMO, Waterhouse should be moved to the second row or the bench. And Paul Aiton should be our starting lock. Waterhouse would be a very damaging second rower and bench player. At lock, he is only damaging to us (as he tires, he tends to drop the ball a lot).

He did have some great games last year... but the bad, far out-weighed the good. Aiton however.... was a deadset legend. A rock in defence, very good ball control... and he really increased the pace of the game.

Munky

Coach
mxlegend99 said:
The softest player we had was Luke Swain, we got rid of him.

Swain was anything but soft.

He gave it his all every game and was all heart. Problem was he didn't have the physical attributes or natural talent to back it up.

If some of how 100kg+ forwards played with some of his heart they would be unstoppable.

I agree that Swain was the worst forward in our team but it wasn't because he was soft.

mxlegend99

Referee
Munky said:
Swain was anything but soft.

He gave it his all every game and was all heart. Problem was he didn't have the physical attributes or natural talent to back it up.

If some of how 100kg+ forwards played with some of his heart they would be unstoppable.

I agree that Swain was the worst forward in our team but it wasn't because he was soft.
I never said he lacked heart (which is the arguement you seem to be making).

I said he was soft... which you pretty much agreed with in saying he didn't have the size or talent to back it up. :roll:

Caged Panther

First Grade
we've also replaced the local turnstyle in preston campbell, which will reduce some pressure on certain players out wide.

OVP

Coach
The PAnthers and the Warriors are the true dark horses. Expect some good things, Penrith fans ... and dont let anyone tell you otherwise. Good luck :)

Latest posts