What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luai the tigepie.

You’re losing more players, you’ve over paid Nathan, he can’t do it by himself.
But Luai will end up with more rings than Nathan, by the end of their careers.
We are losing players every year; club came out 4 years ago and said we would lose two a year and up until this year it has been like clockwork; Burton and Capewell, Api and Kiks, Critta and Leniu. This year we have only lost Luai; I think the salary cap increase has allowed us (and other clubs) to keep more players as there are few moves next year and look like very few marquee moves for 2025. I would have liked to have kept all of those players but that is not how the league works (unless you are the Roosters); and I have said I think it is great for both Luai and the Tigers that he has secured his future and you have got the type of player you need.

But despite losing all of those players in years past, we re-signed this year Martin, To’o, Leota and Edwards. I just hope we re-sign Kenny, as I would be gutted to lose him.
#mitchfororigin2025

Have we overpaid Nathan. Maybe; but it is hard to value the best player in the league. And our management seems to have done pretty well over the past 4 years in terms of deciding who to prioritise in signing; will never get them all right, but I I will back their track record.

Fordy20

Juniors
We are losing players every year; club came out 4 years ago and said we would lose two a year and up until this year it has been like clockwork; Burton and Capewell, Api and Kiks, Critta and Leniu. This year we have only lost Luai; I think the salary cap increase has allowed us (and other clubs) to keep more players as there are few moves next year and look like very few marquee moves for 2025. I would have liked to have kept all of those players but that is not how the league works (unless you are the Roosters); and I have said I think it is great for both Luai and the Tigers that he has secured his future and you have got the type of player you need.

But despite losing all of those players in years past, we re-signed this year Martin, To’o, Leota and Edwards. I just hope we re-sign Kenny, as I would be gutted to lose him.
#mitchfororigin2025

Have we overpaid Nathan. Maybe; but it is hard to value the best player in the league. And our management seems to have done pretty well over the past 4 years in terms of deciding who to prioritise in signing; will never get them all right, but I I will back their track record.

I reckon you blokes will win it again this year as well. You are doing a good job of following the Storm model of roster management and Kenny is going to need a much bigger reputation for himself before he becomes an acquisition target.

#mitchfororigin2025

Martin and Leota
Took a nice big cut
To kiss the butt of Ivan
And suck on Nathan’s nuts

Kenny won the gf
From being where he was
And scooped the ball in open play
A try without the fuss

Smug factory workers
Come and go
So long as they obey
The smugly propaganda
On less than proper pay.

Vic Mackey

Referee

#mitchfororigin2025

I dont think whether or not Penrith will be ok post Luai is up for debate, as you say they've shown they have managed their cap brilliantly so Im not going to second guess them on this one. Everyone thought that Api was going to be a huge loss, and although he undoubtedly was they still won a comp without him. With the Dolphins coming in it thinned the comp right out in 2023 which made it a pretty ordinary one overall. IMO any of the Eels, Storm or Souths sides from 2021/22 win the comp last year, however I also believe the Penrith sides from those years win it by 40.

I do think Crichton will prove to be a big loss, he has scored 4 completely individual tries in 4 consecutive grand finals, I dont think they win 2 of those without his tries. However Tago is coming a long very nicely and for all I know they have another Crichton ready to go.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I dont think whether or not Penrith will be ok post Luai is up for debate, as you say they've shown they have managed their cap brilliantly so Im not going to second guess them on this one. Everyone thought that Api was going to be a huge loss, and although he undoubtedly was they still won a comp without him. With the Dolphins coming in it thinned the comp right out in 2023 which made it a pretty ordinary one overall. IMO any of the Eels, Storm or Souths sides from 2021/22 win the comp last year, however I also believe the Penrith sides from those years win it by 40.

I do think Crichton will prove to be a big loss, he has scored 4 completely individual tries in 4 consecutive grand finals, I dont think they win 2 of those without his tries. However Tago is coming a long very nicely and for all I know they have another Crichton ready to go.

I agree re Crichton he is one massive loss, and elite footy player. I hope the dogs treat him well. Because he is brilliant. Has stuff that just can't be coached.

After your post I went back and checked the Penrith team list. They have May listed as a centre. He didn't play in 2023, after being taken out by St Helen's player....copped an ACL. So hopefully this works out well.
Tito will be on the opposite wing to To'o.
How May comes back I have no idea. But I remain hopeful he's as good as gold.

Your right Tago has huge potential. My only concern about him, is his Pro new age......ant vac and medication stance. That meant his injuries last year were prolonged because of his unwilliness to do what was required. (This is heresay so I have no idea whether it's true or not). Tago does have a seeming reluctance to trust modern medicine. (but that's a chat for another day)

Mclean could come from the clouds I haven't seen him play, as I haven't watched too much Flegg or cup in the last couple of years.

I kinda wish Naden would have hung around Penrith too. Something about his work, I really like. If he remains injury free he could do very well for you guys.

I think we'll know a lot more about 5 rounds or so.

#mitchfororigin2025

He’s not overpaid, the cap should be increased.

I think the WT forum members need to know the rubbish we endured from this attention seeking whore over the past few seasons and why the reciprocation is delicious in its salty tears , ( your welcome) lols

Like my support of smug during the grand final threepeat.

The only foreigner to care.

Yeah you are all in except when on Souffs or Parra forum bagging us , geezus dude not only an attention seeker but short memory stuff happening… seek help for the disorder!

I bag every single club where it’s due.

And most clubs are due for a bagging.

Except right here and now, my Wests Tigers.

At the moment, we are the only genuinely good thing happening in the game.

WA Tiger

Bench

#mitchfororigin2025

Woopty fkn doo .. can you fk off now or do we have to put up with more of this cow dung!!
Round 3 Humble pie !!

WA Tiger

Bench
Fk yea ..They’re all gathering around like like their fkn professors ..I can’t fkn wait untill they trip up look stupid and they hide like cowards..and they will

WA Tiger

Bench
Surely we arnt the only forum where they feel welcome ??? I havnt looked, but I really don’t get it. There must be another audience for them to tell how wonderfull they are. Maybe they’re all homeless and they find love here to help them get them through the night??? It’s a fkn mystery ! Ive got blankets for them if that helps..I mean anything but having to listen to this self promoting drivel over and over from the premiers..As was mentioned earlier, we’re the spooners for fk sake

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Yeah you are all in except when on Souffs or Parra forum bagging us , geezus dude not only an attention seeker but short memory stuff happening… seek help for the disorder!
I bag every single club where it’s due.

And most clubs are due for a bagging.

Except right here and now, my Wests Tigers.

At the moment, we are the only genuinely good thing happening in the game.

Now hang on .. after all that nasty and hugely disruptive back and forth for what was supposed to be false accusations about this very subject.. we have a very casual “yea that was me” and not a ripple..seriously?
Anyway thanks Nealo it doesn’t confirm the actual accusation re the kennel but it’s close enough to be called out and even accused of without the very dreary, stop what your doing this is me talking, sanctimonious defence that followed. Not to mention the support it brought, tho minimal, from out of the woodwork ..or as suspected there was in fact a completely different motive for the over reaction to the accusation by Alice. Such hard work for everyone. And I expect the next one is only a matter of time away

Last edited:
There’s still some high quality panther folk out there.

Wests Tigers material.

As the cycle of league turns, imo they are always welcome.

Now that critter and JL are on their way, I read that instead of sniffing around the market, they are looking to upgrade existing contracts. Martin, Fish and even Laurie who has just arrived back,

That young Tago, they desperately need to wrap him up long term. A nice juicy backender. He could be anything.

We should be speaking with his management on the quiet. Maybe get JL to have a word to him in the showers or ice bath when no one is around.

I can’t see their forwards maintaining the rage for too much longer. I think they’ve peaked.

Enough fat on the bone for fourpeat though.

Last edited: