What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luai the tigepie.

Nutz

Bench
As interim Tigers CEO Shane Richardson declared Luai will be the “face of the club” and likened his Concord arrival next year to that of Greg Inglis landing at South Sydney in 2011.

A big statement from the big man.
One thing for is both Richo and Luai are all in on this.
Luai has been recovering from shoulder surgery after suffering what Panthers physio Peter Green recently described as a “hamburger with the lot” injury – requiring repairs to a labral tear and his biceps and rotator-cuff tendons.
Luai won't play in the challenge cup but may be fit for rd 1. I'm hoping they rest him for an extended period.
I hope the gamble pays off.

Tigerm

Coach
As interim Tigers CEO Shane Richardson declared Luai will be the “face of the club” and likened his Concord arrival next year to that of Greg Inglis landing at South Sydney in 2011.

A big statement from the big man.
One thing for is both Richo and Luai are all in on this.
Luai has been recovering from shoulder surgery after suffering what Panthers physio Peter Green recently described as a “hamburger with the lot” injury – requiring repairs to a labral tear and his biceps and rotator-cuff tendons.
Luai won't play in the challenge cup but may be fit for rd 1. I'm hoping they rest him for an extended period.
I hope the gamble pays off.
Maybe they should rest him for the season hahaha

Well it’s painfully obvious JL doesn’t really want to be at Penrith anymore.

I expect there will be some resentment and bad humour about the place.

Little niggles here and there.

* gear steward leaves a sock out his bag.
* refusal of entry to the club without ID
* no more lamb roast dinners at Ivan’s with his wife’s home made apple sauce.
* paws the mascot refusing to high five him running out
* left out of group hugs before training.
* a couple of thousand dollars go missing from his salary every now and again and he has to ring up admin every day and argue.

Last little bulling messages that he’s on the outer.

I can’t imagine what that sicko bully Malice in schizoland has in store for him.

Report him to the panther mods and have him banned?

Schiz happens.

I agree re Crichton he is one massive loss, and elite footy player. I hope the dogs treat him well. Because he is brilliant. Has stuff that just can't be coached.

After your post I went back and checked the Penrith team list. They have May listed as a centre. He didn't play in 2023, after being taken out by St Helen's player....copped an ACL. So hopefully this works out well.
Tito will be on the opposite wing to To'o.
How May comes back I have no idea. But I remain hopeful he's as good as gold.

Your right Tago has huge potential. My only concern about him, is his Pro new age......ant vac and medication stance. That meant his injuries last year were prolonged because of his unwilliness to do what was required. (This is heresay so I have no idea whether it's true or not). Tago does have a seeming reluctance to trust modern medicine. (but that's a chat for another day)

Mclean could come from the clouds I haven't seen him play, as I haven't watched too much Flegg or cup in the last couple of years.

I kinda wish Naden would have hung around Penrith too. Something about his work, I really like. If he remains injury free he could do very well for you guys.

I think we'll know a lot more about 5 rounds or so.

Don’t come back and play nice and kind susie homemaker.

You had a good run on the hate and I appreciate you trying to help wreck our best day for a long time.

Abuse, trolling, threats of defamation, the works.

Just stay off the internet, it’s not good for you.

Nutz

Bench
The 10 day cooling off period is a crock. They have to get rid of it or make it more bullet proof.
The only way it's going to work is if at the end of the cooling period the losing club doesn't want to up the anti then the player has to sign with the club that he has agreed to play with.
By doing this, the player has to be genuine in his intent to sign in the first place and not just using the club to get better offers. That should be done well before signing.

Nutz

Bench
Wests Tigers must do everything posible next year to prepare for Luai's arrival in 2025.
They have to leave no stone unturned. They need to sort out who is the best to partner Jarome and in what position everyone plays in and that includes our number 13.
Luai tends to bring the best out of players so who will the best players be.
Have we got potential stars just waiting to be developed around Luai.
Luai has been a winner all the way thru his development years to the NRL and for Samoa.
He was a winner in Toyota Cup, NSW Cup, he came into first grade replacing James Maloney, he made a grand final but lost and said we will be back bigger and better...he then went on to win 3 premiership rings.
He's played a lot at ½ and at ⅝ with and without Chins.
Al lot of players have played to their potential playing off the shoulder of Jarome or outside of him..... Kickacow, Matt Burton, DalyM Centre of the Year, Stephen Crichton DalyM Centre of the Year. Even the wings playing on Jarome's edge.
Ivan Cleanex let a lot of great players go...why, because he knew he had Jarome. Jarome does what's best for the team and he is an absolute winner.
He took Samoa to to a World Cup Final against Australia. It wasn't NZ, England but Samoa.

Ivan's comments were a bit insulting to him and Wests Tigers won by nabbing him whilst he was in a "doubt me at your peril mood" and with a huge new contract, once again, like all the years gone by, Jarome is the big winner.

Now I’d be playing it cool as a cucumber if I was Richo.

Lee would be jumping up and down, frothing at the mouth, making a complete spectacle of himself.

They’d be a giant neon JL at the top of the white elephant.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
Wests Tigers must do everything posible next year to prepare for Luai's arrival in 2025.
They have to leave no stone unturned. They need to sort out who is the best to partner Jarome and in what position everyone plays in and that includes our number 13.
Luai has been a winner all the way thru his development years to the NRL and for Samoa.
He was a winner in Toyota Cup, NSW Cup, he came into first grade replacing James Maloney, he made a grand final but lost and said we will be back bigger and better...he then went on to win 3 premiership rings.
Al lot of players have played to their potential playing off the shoulder of Jarome or outside of him..... Kickacow, Matt Burton, DalyM Centre of the Year, Stephen Crichton DalyM Centre of the Year. Even the wings playing on Jarome's edge.
Ivan Cleanex let a lot of great players go...why, because he knew he had Jarome. Jarome does what's best for the team and he is an absolute winner.
He took Samoa to to a World Cup Final against Australia. It wasn't NZ, England but Samoa.

Ivan's comments were a bit insulting to him and Wests Tigers won by nabbing him whilst he was in a "doubt me at your peril mood" and with a huge new contract, once again, like all the years gone by, Jarome is the big winner.

This post is why drugs are bad

He’s a great player. When Kiks left everyone said it was him that caused the disruption on the left, and so that side would struggle; Sorro became a star running off Luai. Not Kiks level, but Luai put him into a lot of holes.

Nutz

Bench
He’s a great player. When Kiks left everyone said it was him that caused the disruption on the left, and so that side would struggle; Sorro became a star running off Luai. Not Kiks level, but Luai put him into a lot of holes.
Good post.. be careful you'll be accused by your panthers troll of drug taking ha ha

Good post.. be careful you'll be accused by your panthers troll of drug taking ha ha
Different opinions on many things over at the Panthers forum. Generally one things we do agree on though is Luai has done the right thing by himself for taking the Tigers offer. Of course some are upset by it because he is a player who has been so central to our identity recently.