What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luai the tigepie.

He didn't mention All the so called games at halfback Luai has played

Amongst many lines of garbage in the reply
For full transparency though, you have been on the Panthers forum suggesting that Nathan should move to the 6. So you are not so worried about the traditional 6 vs 7 role when it helps your argument.

Luai has shown he can ‘lead’ a team from the 6 a number of times when the game plan has been put in place for him; Samoa at the WC comes to mind. He will need some help with long kicking etc, but that is manageable.

Nutz

Bench
Different opinions on many things over at the Panthers forum. Generally one things we do agree on though is Luai has done the right thing by himself for taking the Tigers offer. Of course some are upset by it because he is a player who has been so central to our identity recently.
He should be given the utmost respect from the coach, I have seen it from the players several times as they and Luai are the ones in the battle.
I hope Ivan realises Luai's contribution in the 3peat and makes it more common knowledge.

Vic Mackey

Referee
For full transparency though, you have been on the Panthers forum suggesting that Nathan should move to the 6. So you are not so worried about the traditional 6 vs 7 role when it helps your argument.

Luai has shown he can ‘lead’ a team from the 6 a number of times when the game plan has been put in place for him; Samoa at the WC comes to mind. He will need some help with long kicking etc, but that is manageable.

I find the notation that Luai wont be able to play 7 strange. Its not like we're signing him to play prop!

Scott Prince was a flashy young 5/8 early in his career, during his time with us he honed his craft and became a brilliant game reading 7 who won a comp with 20 year olds at 6 & 9. He was only 25, hadnt played Origin, or had anywhere near the experience Luai had when he came to us.

Even it doesnt come naturally to him, hes going to have Api there for the first 2 years of his deal who knows his game and would be the smartest hooker in the comp right now.

I find the notation that Luai wont be able to play 7 strange. Its not like we're signing him to play prop!

Scott Prince was a flashy young 5/8 early in his career, during his time with us he honed his craft and became a brilliant game reading 7 who won a comp with 20 year olds at 6 & 9. He was only 25, hadnt played Origin, or had anywhere near the experience Luai had when he came to us.

Even it doesnt come naturally to him, hes going to have Api there for the first 2 years of his deal who knows his game and would be the smartest hooker in the comp right now.

JL is an outstanding career footballer, I think he could manage any position in the backline with consummate ease.

I’d prefer to risk him at hb over a (modern day) Brooksy that’s for sure.

He should be given the utmost respect from the coach, I have seen it from the players several times as they and Luai are the ones in the battle.
I hope Ivan realises Luai's contribution in the 3peat and makes it more common knowledge.
This is weird one. Ivan has generally got the best of his players even when they are known to be leaving.

I know the sensationalist press love to make a mountain over Ivan’s comments about Luai (I think they were pretty unprofessional, but still showed strong respect for Luai and his contribution to our event success) but there 3.5m reasons why Luai joined the Tigers and Ivan’s comment arent high on the list.

Nutz

Bench
This is weird one. Ivan has generally got the best of his players even when they are known to be leaving.

I know the sensationalist press love to make a mountain over Ivan’s comments about Luai (I think they were pretty unprofessional, but still showed strong respect for Luai and his contribution to our event success) but there 3.5m reasons why Luai joined the Tigers and Ivan’s comment arent high on the list.
Fair enough. As far as a successful club goes, I cant argue with their methods.
Perception is not reality, but it can influence how we view and interact with reality.
As I said before, respect comes from those within the fight.
Even though I followed orders it didn't mean I respected them, however I respected those fighting beside me.
A bit like footy, it's a tight group (footballers, coaches, admin) that tries hard not to allow outside influences to occur, to keep players focused and that's why we don't often see what I was talking about.
For me, transparency is important. To prove it's not just a business but a team, a club.
I don't really know, Ivan might tuck Jarome in everynight.

WA Tiger

Bench
Perception is not reality, but it can influence how we view and interact with reality.
Even though I followed orders it didn't mean I respected them, however I respected those fighting beside me.
A bit like footy, it's a tight group (footballers, coaches, admin) that tries hard not to allow outside influences to occur, to keep players focused and that's why we don't often see what I was talking about.
For me, transparency is important. To prove it's not just a business but a team, a club.
Jeez I think a like would suffice dont you?
It’s very early Monday fkn morning

Last edited:

I am loathe to agree with Ivan on anything, but there wasn't really anything incorrect about what he said. Luai really has played second fiddle to Nathan their whole first grade career, and outside of Samoa in the WC and a handful of games without Nathan but a well oiled squad who all know their roles, he hasn't really had the opportunity to showcase what he is capable of and hasn't really been tested.

I hope he proves Cleary wrong, we've got 6 million reasons hinging on it.

Jerome and Ivan have been extremely close and Ivan watched him play next to Nate as far back as 10 years ago.

But looking at the stories from November, we see that Ivan hadn’t spoken to him for a time and Jerome described Ivan’s cussing as “ speaking Ill” of him.

The panthers offer of $1.7 over 2 years, $850, same as Edwards, but that’s not a long term proposition.

Putting the figure aside, it is interesting that they didn’t want to commit to him for a longer period given the history etc.

I think he was being truthful when he said he’s interested in challenging himself.

The dogs were in hot pursuit with a lot of friends.

I think he figures he will also get a more respect from Benji.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I am loathe to agree with Ivan on anything, but there wasn't really anything incorrect about what he said. Luai really has played second fiddle to Nathan their whole first grade career, and outside of Samoa in the WC and a handful of games without Nathan but a well oiled squad who all know their roles, he hasn't really had the opportunity to showcase what he is capable of and hasn't really been tested.

I hope he proves Cleary wrong, we've got 6 million reasons hinging on it.
I’ve got no doubt JL will earn his keep during his time at Concord.He is an innate winner he plays with integrity & he will b so motivated to stick it up the media pissants who constantly criticise him coz he dares to b different.If anyone can lead this rabble to the promised land it’s JL.

I’ve got no doubt JL will earn his keep during his time at Concord.He is an innate winner he plays with integrity & he will b so motivated to stick it up the media pissants who constantly criticise him coz he dares to b different.If anyone can lead this rabble to the promised land it’s JL.

Yeah, if you look back at the smug propaganda when he signed his last contract, there was a lot of discussion from Ivan about going places and the family element.

Ivan said he wanted the players to return home from their Penrith experience as better people, but let’s be honest, Under Ivan’s troubled moral leadership, they embarrassed themselves, the club, the game and the region with their post grand final boy racer feral conduct. Rats with gold teeth.

Looking at that “ return as better people” comment closely, it’s quite disrespectful to the players families because it’s assumption is that they are not the best people they can be anyway. That somehow Ivan will improve them.

I live in the Penrith player catchment. The people here are by and large solid folk and upstanding. It’s a good place to live or I wouldnt be here. We don’t need Ivan.

So don’t tell me the players families need to improve Ivan. Thats as arrogant as can be. There’s good and bad in all player catchments you f**king tool.

May almost single handledly threatens multiple sponsorships with his vilification of everyone who justifiably threw dirt on his name, standing up for his victim.

And Nate’s excusing of May publicly when he eventually got sacked undermined all that gentlemen player bullshit.

Nate and Ivan were summoned to HQ and told in no uncertain terms to shape up, but not too harshly because they run the Panther show. Not the board.

JL doesn’t see the family thing, he doesn’t think the Nivans are special. I understand that. He will lose some things, but gain others.

He’s not a kid anymore, he doesn’t need to live in a shadow.

Last edited:
You often see this awakening of grandeur in successful people.

Ivan has been a successful coach but regrettably he thinks his greatness extends out into other areas such as lifestyle and self betterment for other people following his ways and accepting his beliefs.

JLs departure is an threat to his supreme self love and lording over people.

Ivan has no business straying out his lane.

He is the best coach in the NRL, not a Buddhist sage.

As a life-coach, his example to the world is him and Nate stuffing their wallets with Panther cash, living the lifestyles of the rich and famous. Not much actual giving or helping people.

And a bit like Tim Sheens wholly unable to admit mistakes.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
You often see this awakening of grandeur in successful people.

Ivan has been a successful coach but regrettably he thinks his greatness extends out into other areas such as lifestyle and self betterment for other people following his ways and accepting his beliefs.

JLs departure is an threat to his supreme self love and lording over people.

Ivan has no business straying out his lane.

He is the best coach in the NRL, not a Buddhist sage.

As a life-coach, his example to the world is him and Nate stuffing their wallets with Panther cash, living the lifestyles of the rich and famous. Not much actual giving or helping people.

And a bit like Tim Sheens wholly unable to admit mistakes.
I don't think Panthers win 3 GF without Jarome.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
lol f**k me for a fan who has watched their side win 3 premierships you really are a sook

Of course I'm a sook. I hate seeing players leave Penrith. Players that have debuted and done really well for the club. Especially when they're local juniors, who Penrith have brought through the grades.

I think I can recall W/T faithful being equally upset when Teddy, Moses, and Fox left.

General Stripes

Juniors
Of course I'm a sook. I hate seeing players leave Penrith. Players that have debuted and done really well for the club. Especially when they're local juniors, who Penrith have brought through the grades.

I think I can recall W/T faithful being equally upset when Teddy, Moses, and Fox left.
So you go into another clubs forum and troll?
Pretty pathetic really.

Latest posts