What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luai the tigepie.

Kilkenny

Coach
Luai had his doubters about whether he can play 7, myself included. In the absence of Nathan Cleary in recent times he has shown enough to dispell those concerns. The size of his contract still remains an issue, it is a lot of money invested in one player. As I’ve said numerous times I hope he kills it for you guys.

Tiger05

First Grade
Luai had his doubters about whether he can play 7, myself included. In the absence of Nathan Cleary in recent times he has shown enough to dispell those concerns. The size of his contract still remains an issue, it is a lot of money invested in one player. As I’ve said numerous times I hope he kills it for you guys.

I was worried and it's an issue if he is injured or out of form but I think he'll be good enough if he is playing.

We have way too many halves on our books though and we need to get rid of some of them so that we can build a better roster around Luai, Api, Bula and I assume Galvin. Sezer is gone but we still have Sullivan and Latu Fainu. Maybe Galvin or Fainu can play elsewhere but I don't see it happening.

We've lost Isaiah Papalli to you guys and it's a big loss for us because we need a quality forward pack and outside backs. I reckon it's a good move though because we he hasn't done enough to justify his pay packet.

Tigerm

First Grade
I made a comment earlier, we don't have much option but to roll the dice on certain players, in key positions. They are paying nearly that much for forwards these days.

We've done it in the pass, and they have let us down badly imo, but I like the balance they are getting here, depth may be an issue next season though.

Luai as we all know, is a very good player, I don't see him coming here to retire, like a few have. I hope he sees us a challenge to cement his name in the record books.

Nealo 12

Bench
He’ll go alright, like API but that’s where it will end you won’t have the structure to go much better. Lots thought API was the saviour but alas not to be and he’s getting bashed up .

Clarkent

Juniors
The one thing Luai will bring to the Tigers and it's what they need desperately is confidence and energy. You need that to build team chemistry, and that's the keys to winning games. Dolphins and Bulldogs as a example don't have the best roster but they're full confidence and energy. Luai is the type of player who can do that for the tigers.
The way Luai is playing right now paying 1.2m for him is unders if he keeps this up at the tigers. Let's just hope the roster is better next season

Tigerm

First Grade
He’ll go alright, like API but that’s where it will end you won’t have the structure to go much better. Lots thought API was the saviour but alas not to be and he’s getting bashed up .
Well, we'll see what happens.

Vic Mackey

Referee

The way the game is played now, the 9 is by far the least important spine member. 10-20 years ago they were crucially important, however thats been taken over by the 1. You only have to look at the 9s in some of the top 8 teams. Mitch Kenny, Billy Walters, Blake Brailey, Danny Levi, Lachlan Croker.

These days a lot of coaches want their 9 just to pass the ball quickly, as opposed to influencing the play themselves.

Api is a fantastic player, however the crafty 9 isnt what it used to be in the modern game.

Pezz70

Juniors
Got to say I wasn’t a fan of this signing, but watching him the last few weeks (aside from the attempted tackle on Armstrong last weekend) I think he brings some good things to the table. He has been playing with right balance of structure v ‘eyes up’ and I reckon he looks pretty good. Always thought he was a bit too far to the ad-lib side for a modern 7 but I think he has matured a lot the last few months.

Apologies for the negativity hard to break out of that space when you’re a diehard tigers fan, they look like they’ve started to come good then all of a sudden we’re back to square 1, hard to believe something good can happen to us.

Fordy20

Juniors
Got to say I wasn’t a fan of this signing, but watching him the last few weeks (aside from the attempted tackle on Armstrong last weekend) I think he brings some good things to the table. He has been playing with right balance of structure v ‘eyes up’ and I reckon he looks pretty good. Always thought he was a bit too far to the ad-lib side for a modern 7 but I think he has matured a lot the last few months.

Apologies for the negativity hard to break out of that space when you’re a diehard tigers fan, they look like they’ve started to come good then all of a sudden we’re back to square 1, hard to believe something good can happen to us.

I know what you mean when you say it's hard to break out of the negativity. I thought it was great that we signed a bunch of halves after the crisis we had last year, but we still ended up in the position of needing Api to play in the halves again this year.

I didn't watch the whole game on the weekend, but Luai's effort on Fletcher Sharp for the Knights first try wasn't a good look either. To be fair, I doubt there would be much video on the young fullback. As long as Luai creates more tries than we let in, I don't think I'll be too bothered with the occasional miss.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I know what you mean when you say it's hard to break out of the negativity. I thought it was great that we signed a bunch of halves after the crisis we had last year, but we still ended up in the position of needing Api to play in the halves again this year.

I didn't watch the whole game on the weekend, but Luai's effort on Fletcher Sharp for the Knights first try wasn't a good look either. To be fair, I doubt there would be much video on the young fullback. As long as Luai creates more tries than we let in, I don't think I'll be too bothered with the occasional miss.
Luai is a good defender for a half. Don't be worried

Tiger Ted

Bench

I have a strong feeling Luai will b our greatest ever recruit by the time he retires surpassing the stupendous Gareth Ellis

Clarkent

Juniors
I recall part of his conversation with Richo, when asked why he signed (or something like that) and he replied, “the rings Richo, I’m after more rings”.
f**k, that will do me.
You gotta have that winning mentality. I remember Critchons interview during the season and they asked him what's his expectations on the bulldogs this season and he said "top 4" I don't think anyones laughing now.

I really think Luai will help Galvins game and make him a better player

Nutz

Bench
I really think Luai will help Galvins game and make him a better player
Luai and Galvin are energy players and when Olam is on he is too. So if all three are firing look out.
Blokes with speed like Staines will improve with an up-tempo back line.
So in keeping with the energy theme the other centre spot should go to To'a. AD wouldn't meet this criteria imo.
Time will tell.
I'm hoping we sign a big energetic prop regardless if Stef stays or goes. I do like the cheap option of the Sharkies Hunt if he is still unsigned, he's playing good footy lately.

Tiger05

First Grade
Luai and Galvin are energy players and when Olam is on he is too. So if all three are firing look out.
Blokes with speed like Staines will improve with an up-tempo back line.
So in keeping with the energy theme the other centre spot should go to To'a. AD wouldn't meet this criteria imo.
Time will tell.
I'm hoping we sign a big energetic prop regardless if Stef stays or goes. I do like the cheap option of the Sharkies Hunt if he is still unsigned, he's playing good footy lately.

Good take. I'd really love to see Stef stay and play like he did last week consistently. That would make a huge difference to our team. If not we need a prop or two that can get the job done. I also wonder if some of the kids will get the job done.

Latest posts