What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luai

Girds89

Bench
Anyone concerned by what ivan said bout luai in the post match?

It didnt sound great...

When asked about jerome he was very coy and said he got some news today and hes feeling ok... when asked if it was a serious illness ivan said i dont want to talk to much about it...

Bit strange...

If it was just the flu or a bug ivan would have said he is right for next week...

But the fact he was so coy on it is a concern i think...

Whether luai himself is unwell with something or maybe one of his kids or family members is unwrll i don't know..

But it certainly appeared as tho it was a private matter that ivan wasnt willing to divulge.

Hoping he is ok..

It was evident last night how important he is to our team...

We need him fit and firing.

Goonji

Juniors
I didn’t hear what Ivan said. However, an injury sustained on the field or in training deserves an explanation. A personal illness is just that, it’s personal and private as it should be. I do hope that Jerome and his family are well and if not, it is nothing serious or long term for their sake. Take care Jerome.

Girds89

Bench
Not really concerned, Ivan always plays his cards close to his chest, especially about the medical stuff.

Could be anything, but he did say that he’d be alright, so I reckon we just leave it at that. No point guessing

I hope you are right. Was a strange response tho.

Normally he gives some explanation on an injury.... normally he just says something along the lines of "yeah he copped a whack to the knee, well get ot looked at throughout the week... im not sure yet" ...
the fact he didnt just say it was the flu or a bug i thought was strange.

Either way i hope jerome and his fsmily are ok

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I didn’t hear what Ivan said. However, an injury sustained on the field or in training deserves an explanation. A personal illness is just that, it’s personal and private as it should be. I do hope that Jerome and his family are well and if not, it is nothing serious or long term for their sake. Take care Jerome.
Us fans don't deserve any explanation for injury or time off

Hooked

Juniors

When would Api return?’ Penrith medicos set tough benchmark for injured Luai​

Christian Nicolussi

August 26, 2023 — 4.50pm

Penrith medical staff admit star No.6 Jarome Luai will need to channel former Panther Api Koroisau and play through excruciating pain if he is to make a miraculous return from a dislocated shoulder this season.

Luai began his around-the-clock recovery on Saturday after dislocating his shoulder against Parramatta on Thursday night.

Panthers medical staff will try to slash the normal six-week recovery to just four weeks to get Luai ready for a hoped for preliminary final as the club chases a third straight title.
The Panthers concede it will come down to how much pain Luai is prepared to play through before undergoing an inevitable surgery during the off-season.

Koroisau, who won two premierships with the Panthers before joining Wests Tigers this year, was known for his ability to return from injuries in record time, and a player who “rewrote injury time frames from a sports medicine perspective”.
“If you were meant to be out four weeks with an injury, Api would be back in two,” Panthers chief physio Pete Green said.
“We compare every player when it comes to toughness and being able to play with injuries to Api Koroisau.
“I remember Api did the ulnar collateral ligament in his elbow. He was meant to be out between four and six weeks, but he only missed the one game.

“If there’s any injury, we’re like, ‘When did Api come back?’
“‘Romy’ is also right up there with toughness. That confidence you see out on the field, he’s just as confident when it comes to his rehab and getting back.
“If we tell him he’ll be out for four weeks, he’ll tell us, ‘Nah, I want to be back in two weeks’.
“We’ll be pushing for the prelim final.
“We know it’s a huge gamble. If he did this injury in the first half of the year, he’d be out six weeks. But given what is at stake, we’re trying to squeeze six weeks into three or four weeks.

“We’ll push him hard, but he’s going to be sore, and he will be in a lot of pain. The pain will be the one thing that could stop him.”

Regular physiotherapy will help stop Luai’s shoulder from going stiff, while he has also started red light therapy to assist with the healing process.
One thing that helped Luai was the fact the club doctor was able to pop the shoulder back into its socket within a minute, and on the first attempt.
Luai was in good spirits on Friday and told this masthead: “I’m all good, man. That’s part of footy. I feel like I’ve had a pretty good run so far. Fingers crossed. I’m pretty optimistic about injuries.

“I feel good. It’s not too sore. People are asking me how I slept and if I got any sleep at all. I think I got eight hours, so I think that’s a good sign.”

The Panthers host North Queensland next weekend and are expecting to welcome back Dylan Edwards and Sunia Turuva.

Frankus

Juniors
4 weeks is reasonable. From personal experience with a full (not partial/sublux) shoulder dislocation and labral tear of my dominant throwing arm, I was back playing water polo after 6 weeks and negated the need for surgery.
And I don’t think the pain is as bad what is described in the OP article. My shoulder would be sore after a game and I was definitely gunshy about throwing as hard as I could. An NRL game is alot more physical, so I’d be more concerned that if he plays in week 3 of the finals if we make it that far and we win whether he will be able to back up for the GF (he certainly wouldn’t be training much in that scenario).

Latest posts