What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luai

Pomoz

Bench
Being a smart arse, I had a haircut before I joined the military. I turn up day 1, all freshly groomed with a short haircut and the sergeant went along the line looking at all of us. A couple of baldies, but it was "haircut, what is that on you're head a dead animal? two haircuts, haircut, f*ck you're ugly haircut and a bag for your head," and so on. He gets to me, with my short hair and says "great effort, good to see you came prepared, haircut smart arse". I was marched off to have another haircut and the barber butchered me, smiling as he virtually shaved me bald. I looked like an inmate from Long Bay.

Last edited:

snickers007

Juniors
I was thinning by the end of high school.

My girlfriend for the first year of uni was an apprentice hairdresser. So we tried many things to hide the fact. Different colours, different cuts etc. I shaved my head with a razor on my 19th birthday. She broke up with me about 2 weeks later. I'm not saying it was 100% the baldness - but c'mon.

I still see her around town every now and again, and wouldn't you know it, she's married to another bald guy. Whenever I see them I make sure to compliment his haircut. :p

I'd get lazor hair removal on my head if it was likely to work. It's only a few minutes each day in the shower - but f**k it looks ratty if I skip a few days.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The reason I made the comment about world war 1. (beside my passion for reading about ww1 and ww2 history.

My great uncle (who was killed in the last battle Australians fought in) wrote home to his Mum, laughing about the fact that my grandfather had a buzz cut when he first came onto the trenches of the Somme, and how ugly that made him look. My grandparents married during his last leave before departure for the war.

My great uncle was a brother in law (of my grandfather) both familys had farms up on the Dorrigo, only separated by a creek called the Bieldsdown.

So the jibe about Grandfathers haircut has become almost 'family lore'.

Port Panther

Juniors
And WTF have you been the last three years while we have been winning ?
Guess it's been too hard to come on and bag the club .

Luke Bowden

First Grade
My guess would be that the majority of you also have missing/chipped teeth, bright red faces, tribal tats and beer guts to go along with your shaved heads?
Rich coming from a South Australian. Absolute weirdos.

You’ve basically just described someone that looks the exact opposite to me, but sure, keep on battling.

As a kid I had a lovely head of hair. So thick and blond I was teased mercilessly by all the cool kids. I tried to grow it long so it would fall in ringlets around my shoulders, but it won its battle with gravity; I kept on going hoping it would eventually fall but I just ended up with an Afro and looked like Sideshow Bob. Cue more teasing.

And today. Not quite so blond but still pretty thick. No afor anymore but still luscious. And those pr!cks that made my life a misery? When I head back to Oz to see my folks and family they are often still hanging around the same area (local shops and sporting clubs) and their head is either thinning or bald.

It’s glorious.