What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luai

Kilkenny

Coach
Thanks Nutz....I've had a real rough couple of days, (not going into details, but kinda worse than a death, If there is such a thing. I'll call it a living death) Your kind words have soothed my soul, yours too Luke. I appreciate it.

Wishing everyone a happy and festive Christmas season.
Take care, I hope whatever you are going thru improves in the new year.

Kilkenny

Coach
The Kennel is up to 25 pages on the Jerome Luai situation, scrolled thru the last half a dozen, no point going any further, just the usual forum infighting.

Crashtest

Juniors
The Penrith culture will evolve without Jarome.
Edwards
Cleary
Yeo
Kenny
Fish
Mos
Biz
All highly respected men of integrity who are at the club for much less than they could get elsewhere.

Any culture though needs different personality types. Edwards, Nathan, Yeo, Fish etc all lead by example, both on and off the field, but they are all reserved personality types. It’s why Luai will be a big loss off the field, he brings the ream together. And why he will be such an asset to the struggling Tigers team.

Even stoic Ivan values Luai’s personality and what he adds to their culture, it’s why he calls him their cultural architect and CEO, chief fun officer.

Nathan Cleary may be the superstar and face of the young Panthers but there is one player seen by the club as even more valuable on and off the field.

“‘Romy’ [Luai] is one of those guys who offers more than his own individual contribution,” Cleary told the Herald before Saturday’s opener against North Queensland.

Jarome Luai has been dubbed the “cultural architect” and “chief energy officer”, or “CEO”, of Penrith with coach Ivan Cleary saying the five-eighth “helps fit all the pieces together”.

“He’s our cultural architect in many ways, his energy and his ability help bring the group together. He’s probably annoying to other teams – he’s annoying to our guys sometimes as well – but he’s a really crucial piece to our team.”

Luai was the last of the club’s off-contract young stars to extend his deal. A three-year $2.1 million contract has tied him to the club until at least the end of 2024.

The playmaker, who is pushing to try and partner Cleary in the halves for NSW, said the “CEO” nickname was not one he had given himself but he still welcomed it.

“Yes, ‘chief energy officer’, I didn’t ask for it but it’s to do with the energy I have,” he said. “I try to be positive all the time and be happy. Even when we’re doing fitness, I love having that attitude of trying to attack the session. We don’t play footy forever, so you have to love what you do.”

Luai sprints from one end of the field to the far corner-post before every training session. Even when the mercury plummets in July and August at the foot of the mountains, he will tear down the field. He did likewise when brought into the Blues camp last year.

Iamback

Coach
Any culture though needs different personality types. Edwards, Nathan, Yeo, Fish etc all lead by example, both on and off the field, but they are all reserved personality types. It’s why Luai will be a big loss off the field, he brings the ream together. And why he will be such an asset to the struggling Tigers team.

Even stoic Ivan values Luai’s personality and what he adds to their culture, it’s why he calls him their cultural architect and CEO, chief fun officer.

Nathan Cleary may be the superstar and face of the young Panthers but there is one player seen by the club as even more valuable on and off the field.

“‘Romy’ [Luai] is one of those guys who offers more than his own individual contribution,” Cleary told the Herald before Saturday’s opener against North Queensland.

Jarome Luai has been dubbed the “cultural architect” and “chief energy officer”, or “CEO”, of Penrith with coach Ivan Cleary saying the five-eighth “helps fit all the pieces together”.

“He’s our cultural architect in many ways, his energy and his ability help bring the group together. He’s probably annoying to other teams – he’s annoying to our guys sometimes as well – but he’s a really crucial piece to our team.”

Luai was the last of the club’s off-contract young stars to extend his deal. A three-year $2.1 million contract has tied him to the club until at least the end of 2024.

The playmaker, who is pushing to try and partner Cleary in the halves for NSW, said the “CEO” nickname was not one he had given himself but he still welcomed it.

“Yes, ‘chief energy officer’, I didn’t ask for it but it’s to do with the energy I have,” he said. “I try to be positive all the time and be happy. Even when we’re doing fitness, I love having that attitude of trying to attack the session. We don’t play footy forever, so you have to love what you do.”

Luai sprints from one end of the field to the far corner-post before every training session. Even when the mercury plummets in July and August at the foot of the mountains, he will tear down the field. He did likewise when brought into the Blues camp last year.

To'o is still there. Turuva has a bit of Luai vibes and not being a rookie he should feel comfortable

Latest posts