What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luai

Looks like we have waived the 10 day cooling period .so the announcement will be soon
Do you think this is to reduce the options for Luai’s management? I imagine that Luai’s management wants the ten days; not necessarily for what it is intended to allow (Penrith to respond) but to allow them to leverage a registered contract with the Tigers to go to the Dogs and see if they will up the ante?

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Does anyone think that the Tigers will ever be taken seriously?

I honestly can’t see a time when they’ll even be challenging for the 8.

When they have to pay an additional 400k+ per season to get a player to sign with them, and offer them very long deals, a lot of things need to go right to be competitive, while the things that can go wrong are obvious even with foresight.

Iamback

Coach

Not while they do stupid things like this.

I have said earlier, They go bring a decent young 7 from Dragons. Decent 6 from Manly on decent money... only to pay well overs for Luai to block their way.

What if those 2 go well this year? Who in the pack goes to pay for Luai?

This why they will still hover around the bottom of the table

Luke Bowden

First Grade
That photo of Luai in a Tigers jersey will always look wrong!
He’ll just fade into insignificance, which he will hate.

He’s definitely not going to be happy playing for a team that gets boo-ed by its own fans.

I wonder if he’ll continue to display his Rings as much as he does. That’s surely the same as getting around in Penrith Kit.

Interesting times for Jerome

Iamback

Coach
Do you think this is to reduce the options for Luai’s management? I imagine that Luai’s management wants the ten days; not necessarily for what it is intended to allow (Penrith to respond) but to allow them to leverage a registered contract with the Tigers to go to the Dogs and see if they will up the ante?

No point us keeping him to it. He is leaving for money and we aren't paying any more

Crashtest

Juniors
No point us keeping him to it. He is leaving for money and we aren't paying any more
Agree. It’s a smart move by the club, waive the option now so it can all get confirmed this week and play out in the media, before the team returns to training next week.