What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luai

The yak

Juniors
Because it was Luai's management who leaked it for the money

Again. As Blade said what does the club have to gain from leaking it?

Nothing.
According to this article, Luai was still undecided about what offer to accept after telling his teammates.
How could Penrith leak a done deal to the Tigers with amount and length when he hadn't even picked a club?
The leak didn't come from us.

But the NRL’s new contracting rules kept Canterbury and Cameron Ciraldo in the mix for his services as he agonised over which offer to take after telling his Penrith teammates that 2024 would be his last season with the club.​

That’s why the process has dragged on, that was a tough decision,” Luai said of the Bulldogs’ interest.​

Iamback

Coach
Nothing.
According to this article, Luai was still undecided about what offer to accept after telling his teammates.
How could Penrith leak a done deal to the Tigers with amount and length when he hadn't even picked a club?
The leak didn't come from us.

But the NRL’s new contracting rules kept Canterbury and Cameron Ciraldo in the mix for his services as he agonised over which offer to take after telling his Penrith teammates that 2024 would be his last season with the club.​

That’s why the process has dragged on, that was a tough decision,” Luai said of the Bulldogs’ interest.​

Exactly.

It was all management games. As expected

The Realist

Juniors
Anyone else feeling a bit sour towards Luai, almost like being betrayed? I know it's a business but this one feels different. With Critta and Spencer there were rumours that they were perhaps moving on the last time they had their contracts negotiated, so we sort of 1/2 expected this from them.

Romey always had a 'Panther till I die' vibe, we sort of never expected it. We have all seen how behind the scenes he brings great energy to the entire squad exemplified by his post game celebration. With all his talk about love for the club we never really thought he'd be anything but a Panther. So this one hurts - far more than the others.

In saying that, I was a little bitter towards Critta in the early months of 2023 but got over it pretty quickly when we were winning and it was clear that he was giving his full focus and effort in winning #3. I can only hope that I (we) get a similar feeling in season 2024 with Luai.

Iamback

Coach
Anyone else feeling a bit sour towards Luai, almost like being betrayed? I know it's a business but this one feels different. With Critta and Spencer there were rumours that they were perhaps moving on the last time they had their contracts negotiated, so we sort of 1/2 expected this from them.

Romey always had a 'Panther till I die' vibe, we sort of never expected it. We have all seen how behind the scenes he brings great energy to the entire squad exemplified by his post game celebration. With all his talk about love for the club we never really thought he'd be anything but a Panther. So this one hurts - far more than the others.

In saying that, I was a little bitter towards Critta in the early months of 2023 but got over it pretty quickly when we were winning and it was clear that he was giving his full focus and effort in winning #3. I can only hope that I (we) get a similar feeling in season 2024 with Luai.

Actions speak louder than words, money > Penrith says it all

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Wonder if the club will push Jett through the ranks to eventually play along side big bro?
Jett will definitely be given every opportunity to succeed.

nahh not at all. Just makes me appreciate Dylan Edwards a whole lot more…. If that’s even possible

Chins get the wins

First Grade

Nah the money was crazy he had to take it. Also helps us be successful long into the future

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Everyone who's left during this run has been respectful and I'll always love them

and you get blokes like the Peach and Laurie, who deeply regret ever leaving.

I adore that. I really do. Like Api comming to the grandfinal in 2023 (cheering on Penrith and his cousin Suniva) Because being realistic that's the closest Api is going to get to another premiership ring or trophy whilst at the W/T.

I also adore that Sauce has come back since retiring says Penrith is family. I notice that Tamou's children wear Penrith gear too. So lovely to see.

The Realist

Juniors
I think part of why Luai leaving 'hurts' (at least for me) is that as fans we have copped a lot of stick about how 'arrogant', ungracious and unlikeable our players are in particular Jerome who was pretty much the 'face' of it. I know it's a beat up, but I have many friends and acquaintances who previously had no enmity towards the Panthers who now do. Whether it was a beat up or not is immaterial, a large sector of the NRL watching fandom has bought into the narrative.

So us fans have copped it and stuck by the team and Romey (it helps when we keep on winning) so for him to bail on us after making us 'look bad' sort of stings. We stuck by him, but he couldn't for us. I know this is more about emotion than logic and rationale, but it is what I personally feel, and I am willing to bet I am not alone in Panther Fandom.

Black Diamond

Juniors

Yep, absolutely get what you are saying. He hung around all those years behind other 5/8 waiting his turn even when he had offers from other clubs, I thought at the time, how loyal is this kid.

I think the young up and coming footy players from the area would feel a little betrayed when Laui, Critter, Spence and To'o have been waving the flag for the kids of Mt Druitt and heralding the FTA motto. Only one left for them to hero worship now.

In saying all that, I do see that he is looking after his family but it does reek a little of greed when the offer from Panthers was quite significant.

Money talks and sometimes love and loyalty of your team and your community obviously just isn't enough when big bucks are offered.

Iamback

Coach
and you get blokes like the Peach and Laurie, who deeply regret ever leaving.

I adore that. I really do. Like Api comming to the grandfinal in 2023 (cheering on Penrith and his cousin Suniva) Because being realistic that's the closest Api is going to get to another premiership ring or trophy whilst at the W/T.

I also adore that Sauce has come back since retiring says Penrith is family. I notice that Tamou's children wear Penrith gear too. So lovely to see.

They all will regret leaving. It would sting watch us have success while they lose games

Black Diamond

Juniors
They all will regret leaving. It would sting watch us have success while they lose games
Sure would, Api, Kiks, Burton to name a few will back up your statement. These blokes are shadows of themselves out of a winning system.

The fact that Peachy and Laurie grabbed a second stint with both hands, says it all.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Sure would, Api, Kiks, Burton to name a few will back up your statement. These blokes are shadows of themselves out of a winning system.

The fact that Peachy and Laurie grabbed a second stint with both hands, says it all.

Now which team where both Laurie and Peach at when they decided to ''COME HOME.'

Says a lot about their previous abode doesn't it. Came back for much less money too.

(and for the precious W/T fans reading this). THIS IS A TROLL.) :p

Latest posts