Luca$h

Discussion in 'Soccer' started by Big Sam, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Big Sam

Big Sam First Grade

I've just about had it with this bloke. I've never known a more out of touch footballer, if not athlete in Australian sport.

Ludicrously questioning the desire of younger players is an apt end to an abysmal reign as Australian captain which included his farcical pre-Durban press conference, and the threats to take the NT with him on strike all because he wanted more $$$.

As I said in the other thread, he's always been mercenary who's put personal ambition ahead of team success (which ultimately cost him a UCL final appearance). The quicker the new coach gets rid of this geriatric cancer, the better.

/Rant

2. Sir Biffo

Sir Biffo Bench

Instead of being a good boy and realising his time was over once he'd helped qualify on home soil (well it was over long ago, but he could have at least bowed out with some grace), his last match will be a friendly against Canada in front of 7,000 drunk bogans.

3. whall15

whall15 Coach

I do hope (and I think it will, unless he gets some kind of testimonial and considering we're so close to a World Cup, I don't he will) that Canada is his last game.

If anything these comments are doing him a pretty massive disservice. He would be much better off going out with dignity than getting embarrassed but not getting selected by the next manager, whoever he is.

4. Tonearm Terrorwrist

Tonearm Terrorwrist Immortal

Big Sam is still mad that Lucas Neill chose the money at West Ham over the bench at Liverpool :lol:

I wish both Lucas Neill and Robbie Slater would f**k off for good though both of them are merkins of the highest order

5. aqua_duck

aqua_duck Coach

Funny him criticising anyone after his last 2 performances

6. Twizzle

Twizzle Administrator Staff Member

He talks as if passion is the only prerequisite for playing for the Socceroos. Some ability wouldn't hurt.

I had the Fox replays of both Brazil and France on while I was working this afternoon, he should watch the replays.

7. BunniesMan

BunniesMan Immortal

If he was actually leading us and running through bricks walls for us he might be in a position to have a go at people. But you do not get on your high horse and start calling people out from such a position of weakness.

An incredibly poor error in judgement. He's not playing well enough to be in the team and he's not carrying himself well enough to be captaining the team.

Has really f**ked up his legacy in recent times.

8. aqua_duck

aqua_duck Coach

They just highlighted Neill's defending against France on Fox Sports, the common theme for all the goals was Lucas was marking no one and out of position

9. Big Sam

Big Sam First Grade

Had nothing to do with LFC Tonearm (he wouldn't have been on the bench btw). The fact is we installed as captain someone who chose the cash and adulation of captaincy at a shit club (which was almost relegated) over one of the biggest clubs in the world to the detriment of his career. It summed up his character perfectly.

Change France to Germany and you just described the 2010 WC opener i.e. nothing's changed in 3.5 years...

10. Tonearm Terrorwrist

Tonearm Terrorwrist Immortal

He went to West Ham at 30 after he'd been at Millwall and Blackburn for what, 13, 14 years between them. Stop being bitter.

Get rid of him and put somebody who has actually been playing for the last year or two. He was dog shit in the A-League in 3 games how bad must the Middle East leagues be then??

11. Big Sam

Big Sam First Grade

I would find it deliciously ironic if it is Arnie who gets the gig and turfs Luca$h out after the way he undermined him in Thailand in 2007.

(And FTR he was 28 at the time, TT)

12. Helmet Man

Helmet Man Juniors

he is a f**king joke

13. Haffa

Haffa Guest

What UCL Final did he miss out on?

He's always been a joke. He's only ever been just another thug who played for Blackburn. He played a couple of good games in the '06 World Cup and since then he's been living off that glory.

14. Haffa

Haffa Guest

I watched those on Tuesday also the way he drifted off Neymar and Pato was comical.

15. Big Sam

Big Sam First Grade

2007. We (LFC) made him very good offers both after the WC and during the January window but he chose West Ham all because they offered him £10k more a week.

We played Milan in the final that season (he certainly would've started ahead of Finnan) but instead he ended up in a relegation shitfight with WHU. If it wasn't for Tevez, Luca$h would have finished his England career in the Championship.

16. Tweek

Tweek Juniors

wow are you seriously holding a grudge because he didnt transfer to your team?

17. Big Sam

Big Sam First Grade

No. As I said before, that saga showed why he shouldn't be leading the national team.

18. Tommy Smith

Tommy Smith Referee

Their are Sunday League central defenders playing at a higher level than Lucas Neill right now.

He's f**king awful.

And I hope Ange punts him with his first move. That'd show tremendous strength as the new manager.

19. Haffa

Haffa Guest

Can't believe this mug retained the Captaincy.

20. Moffo

Moffo Referee