What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lucas Miller

Yosh

Coach
Seroiusly one of the funniest things I have ever seen, Tanner and the word 'potential' in the same sentence...

I started laughing outloud at work while reading this, nearly got fired... that was seriously LOL to the max...

Johns Magic

Referee
Yosh said:
Seroiusly one of the funniest things I have ever seen, Tanner and the word 'potential' in the same sentence...

I started laughing outloud at work while reading this, nearly got fired... that was seriously LOL to the max...

That's just sad

boots16

Juniors
roopy said:
I'll put in a minority report on Tanner.
He has not been up to firstgrade standard despite playing a huge number of firstgrade games for the Knights. He is not big enough or strong enough or fast enough for a firstgrade lock.
On the plus side for the Storm, he is still young for a guy with his experience and a change of clubs could well see him improve a lot.
If he has a good amount of improvement he will be a fair benchie with a lot of experience for you guys.
73 games of firstgrade and never even looked like getting a MOTM award.

Thanks Roopy. 25 years old and 73 games really surprises me. I knew he had played a little NRL but had never really paid a huge amount of attention to him in the games I have seen. I had him pegged at around 21 with 20 to 25 games so not quite as inexperienced as I thought. I always ask about a discarded players potential / make-up as Melbourne seems to have a knack of taking a talented but underperforming player and bringing the best out in them. From the different reports mentioned it seems the general concensus is that the talent may not be there.

By the way, your description above of Tanner reminds me a lot of some of the early reports on Dallas Johnson. Not saying this means Tanner should be a good player just shows that some players can still make the grade without these attributes.

roopy

Referee
boots16 said:
By the way, your description above of Tanner reminds me a lot of some of the early reports on Dallas Johnson. Not saying this means Tanner should be a good player just shows that some players can still make the grade without these attributes.
If your coaching staff turn Tanner into a star they deserve to win premierships.

Latest posts