What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luciano Leilua

MilanDragon

Juniors
I don’t think he’s ready to start. His defence still needs a lot of work.

I also think with his impact he’s better running at players who are a little tired. Definitely an opportunity to use him for two spells though. It’s been good to see him improve in the last month or so. He looks dangerous every time he has the ball

SEAT 1A

Bench
I don’t think he’s ready to start. His defence still needs a lot of work.

I also think with his impact he’s better running at players who are a little tired. Definitely an opportunity to use him for two spells though. It’s been good to see him improve in the last month or so. He looks dangerous every time he has the ball

Agree MilanDragon.

He has moved on from replacing a team mate to give them a rest to making big meters and putting the team into a position to attack. He lifted the team when he came on and should have been used in the first half.

The best example was that catch he took, I fell off my chair. 100 kg's, running flat out and he made it look so easy.

Dragsters

First Grade
Agree MilanDragon.

He has moved on from replacing a team mate to give them a rest to making big meters and putting the team into a position to attack. He lifted the team when he came on and should have been used in the first half.

The best example was that catch he took, I fell off my chair. 100 kg's, running flat out and he made it look so easy.

I was not surprised at all.

Luc has been doing that kind of stuff in the 20s, just about every game.

Now that his confidence is growing, we are starting to see it on a regular basis in the top grade.

That's the sort of x-factor stuff i eluded to in my opening post of this thread.

He will just keep getting better imo...

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The things I've noticed about LL over the last 2 weeks was
A. His fitness has greatly improved
B. His defense has improved
C. He is hitting the line harder
D. He is looking for support play.
E. He is looking more focused

Also, things happen around him, like last week with Dufty and this week with (I think it was) Widdop. Both inside balls which created opportunities. Unfortunately, it's something Friz lacks (though he did have it once a few seasons ago) and to a lesser extent Sims.

Luc has pretty much been the real positive the last few weeks, getting better and better, needs to be kept in the 17 and signed up long term, potential is starting to shine through..
Yep, has really improve in the last few weeks.
Needs to be used at the back end of the first half when players are tired, waiting till the game is gone is pointless.

Isn’t it amazing when you have a young guy that has obvious talent and actually persist with him how they can grow in confidence and start to look like they belong in first grade.

I wonder what other players in the ISP could do this?
This rubbish line from some that they “just aren’t good enough” doesn’t cut it if you never give them a fair go.

Dragsters

First Grade
Needs to be used at the back end of the first half when players are tired, waiting till the game is gone is pointless.

Isn’t it amazing when you have a young guy that has obvious talent and actually persist with him how they can grow in confidence and start to look like they belong in first grade.

This rubbish line from some that they “just aren’t good enough” doesn’t cut it if you never give them a fair go.

Spot on...

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Spot on...
NOT REALLY AMAZING THE GOOD COACH WOULD KNOW THAT UNFORTUNATELY jetski waits until he is forced to do it OH AND RESTING YOUR STAR OVERWORKED FORWARDS IS DONE BY THE SEIBOLDS AND BELLAMYS OF THIS WORLD ....OH TO HAVE A COACH LIKE THAT .I GUESS COMMON SENSE IS NOT SO COMMON

Last edited:

Frank Facer

First Grade

I think Lucky should be coming on and replacing DeBelin in the first half and playing lock, instead of Mann.

aquiin

Juniors
In all likelihood little will change, so one move for Leilua to start on the left or Leilua replacing De Belin in the middle is what we can hope for and discuss.

Coming out of yesterday and knowing that Napa will return, I would take it a step further for the finals and ask what would we like to see off the bench. Play the strongest bench we can for example.

I would be pushing for Host and Leilua to start to game on the edges.

Frizell to play off the bench (in his natural position 13) for De Belin, where De Belin can be replaced earlier and come back on to defend the middle when players are really tiring.

I would prefer to start Sims at prop and have Graham come on as a normal rotation giving him the time before and after halftime. Sims to finish the game. Vaughn and Ah Mau should be a simple straight swap as well.

I think we need to see McInnes have a rest too. Very disappointed with him lately and moreso seeing him live. I would go for broke with Robson on the bench and hope that luck continue with injuries.

MilanDragon

Juniors
In all likelihood little will change, so one move for Leilua to start on the left or Leilua replacing De Belin in the middle is what we can hope for and discuss.

Coming out of yesterday and knowing that Napa will return, I would take it a step further for the finals and ask what would we like to see off the bench. Play the strongest bench we can for example.

I would be pushing for Host and Leilua to start to game on the edges.

Frizell to play off the bench (in his natural position 13) for De Belin, where De Belin can be replaced earlier and come back on to defend the middle when players are really tiring.

I would prefer to start Sims at prop and have Graham come on as a normal rotation giving him the time before and after halftime. Sims to finish the game. Vaughn and Ah Mau should be a simple straight swap as well.

I think we need to see McInnes have a rest too. Very disappointed with him lately and moreso seeing him live. I would go for broke with Robson on the bench and hope that luck continue with injuries.

I’m all for new ideas and a bit of creativity, in saying that this one needs to be re-thought.

Sounds like you’re making changes for the sake of making changes. In your theory you’ve used up all 8 interchanges and both LL and Host would be expected to play 80 minutes.

We’be got a NSW back row (Sims in Soo 3) but yet want to move 2/3 of it out.

Yes we’re on the slide last few weeks but still sitting 4th. The form line sends alarm bells and sure something needs to give but we certainly don’t need to restructure our whole pack with 5 games to go.