What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luciano

Great to see the young man smiling

He seems to have genuine speed, footwork and silky hands

If he can develop a bit of mongrel, and toughness he may prove to be a diamond

He needs to work on his tackling technique and consistency week in week out

The signing of the top juniors these past few months leads me to think that recruitment have made it plain that if they are good enough they will be promoted to FG

This is in stark contrast to the club's previous policy of signing journeymen who are at best fringe first grades

Rocket Rod

Juniors
[QUOTEi="Saints Forever, post: 11919426, member: 43562"]Great to see the young man smiling

He seems to have genuine speed, footwork and silky hands

If he can develop a bit of mongrel, and toughness he may prove to be a diamond

He needs to work on his tackling technique and consistency week in week out

The signing of the top juniors these past few months leads me to think that recruitment have made it plain that if they are good enough they will be promoted to FG

This is in stark contrast to the club's previous policy of signing journeymen who are at best fringe first grades[/QUOTE]
I think they have finally learnt their lesson. Bird, Merrin, Morris boys, Stewart bros,etc. The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence.
Recruit within and leave the overpriced rejects for the Bulldogs!!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Great news and I particulary like that he and his family are Dragons fans. That little bit of info gives Saints that slight advantage against others during the bidding as I am sure it would have for Duges. Unfortunately not for BMoz but hey, he has had more time on the sidelines for the Dogs than on the field so Saints more or less made the right call.

As per above,grass is not always greener and at the end of the day,and if you finish a 1 club man it just adds that extra bit of character to your reputation when you retire.

j0nesy

Bench

This is in stark contrast to the club's previous policy of signing journeymen who are at best fringe first grades

Looks that way doesn't it? It's a much more appropriate strategy for our club given our junior nursery and given we don't seem to have access to as many TPA options as most other clubs.

hazzbeen

Bench
Great news and I particulary like that he and his family are Dragons fans. That little bit of info gives Saints that slight advantage against others during the bidding as I am sure it would have for Duges. Unfortunately not for BMoz but hey, he has had more time on the sidelines for the Dogs than on the field so Saints more or less made the right call.

As per above,grass is not always greener and at the end of the day,and if you finish a 1 club man it just adds that extra bit of character to your reputation when you retire.
Slippery it is great news , I hope we are seeing a different trend here . Things seem to be happening , a change is on the way , if we do give the young blokes a shot I will be ok next year . At least they will be better prepared for the following year .

Dragsters

First Grade
GET IN THERE!

Stoked with this news and rather timely after yesterday's tragic incident for Hutch.

Well done Big Luc.

Head down, train hard and prove us supporters of you right.

Happy days.

Latest posts