What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lui to test his value on the open market

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
PS--one thing puzzles me, how do we get so many injuries when very few players actually put themself into a position where they actually make contact with anyone!!
if it were a consistent type of injury we might be able to find out, but a broken arm, dislocated hip, leg injuries, ribs, back etc, the injuries are all over the place.

The only real thing I guess is maybe the rehab/physio/rest time isn't good enough to help the healing process.

On a plus side, I heard we might see Tuqiri and Ellis named this week (whether they play is a different thing)

macnaz

Staff member
Miller??? A no7 that can tackle,kick,pass and has attitude, cant see Sheens wanting those qualities in a player. Would upset the balance of the team, the other 16 would look bad you cant have that.

No lets stick with our oz tag team!!!

QUOTE]

I have to agree .. But in all honesty even if Lui had a blinder the team would have been no where near good enough to capitalise on any of his good work. We have even seen games when Benji plays his arse off and the others were in there their disinterested moods and efforts to produce plays feel on death ears.
As for OZ TAG lol i was thinking the exact thing the other day when i re read the piece Gus wrote about them last year.
Some people here refuse to blame the coach or allow others the freedom to do so BUT seriously we are and have been talking about the same things year after year after f**king year and nothing ever changes.
We have always had a shit for an Against, shit kicking game, under acheiving forward pack and a general inablilty to perform consistantly.... ALl the above are either created by the coaching staff, OR allowed to continue by the coaching staff. So even if we had JT or Copper Cronk the rest of the team has to be accountable and have a friggin go for anything to happen !!

Last edited:

holman

Juniors
I read in one of the Sydney papers that Ellis is England for a couple of weeks so I don't think he will be playing. The paper mentioned he was homesick I hope to christ they are wrong, cannot afford to lose him.

Tigerm

First Grade
"[QUOTE -from Macnaz] I have to agree .. But in all honesty even if Lui had a blinder the team would have been no where near good enough to capitalise on any of his good work. We have even seen games when Benji plays his arse off and the others were in there their disinterested moods and efforts to produce plays feel on death ears.
As for OZ TAG lol i was thinking the exact thing the other day when i re read the piece Gus wrote about them last year.
Some people here refuse to blame the coach or allow others the freedom to do so BUT seriously we are and have been talking about the same things year after year after f**king year and nothing ever changes.
We have always had a shit for an Against, shit kicking game, under acheiving forward pack and a general inablilty to perform consistantly.... ALl the above are either created by the coaching staff, OR allowed to continue by the coaching staff. So even if we had JT or Copper Cronk the rest of the team has to be accountable and have a friggin go for anything to happen !![/QUOTE]

It's a pretty sad state of affairs when you start talking about players attitudes etc, but I do agree, they are young & I would think on reasonable money, playing in the states biggest sport, so not sure why that is, but it certainly needs to change.

Last edited:

Borat.

Juniors
Sandow does try at least though and puts his heart and body into it

Every time he does that he opens the line up for is team....

Lui's d is also comparable to Benjis after the same amount of first grade....

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
Every time he does that he opens the line up for is team....

Lui's d is also comparable to Benjis after the same amount of first grade....

Fair point..."offers nothing" was a regular comment last year about Lui....i remember a particularly vocal Tigers supporter at Campbelltown in '03 (i think) saying the same thing about Marshall..only in more impolite terms...good thing Sheens (despite his shortcomings) saw enough of the right ingredients to peserve with both of them...winnings good for sure but as a supporter it's also satisfying to see talent in your club develop ..Also re Lui, to quote Andrew Johns from a few weeks ago.."you shouldn't make the mistake of judging a halfback after only a few seasons in the job"

DanOz

Juniors
Comparing Lui to Marshall is apples and oranges. While Marshall used to be as deficient in defense as Lui, Lui was never as potent as Marshall in attack.

Fair point..."offers nothing" was a regular comment last year about Lui....i remember a particularly vocal Tigers supporter at Campbelltown in '03 (i think) saying the same thing about Marshall..only in more impolite terms...good thing Sheens (despite his shortcomings) saw enough of the right ingredients to peserve with both of them...winnings good for sure but as a supporter it's also satisfying to see talent in your club develop ..Also re Lui, to quote Andrew Johns from a few weeks ago.."you shouldn't make the mistake of judging a halfback after only a few seasons in the job"

So why have people already judged Moltzen, when in his 11 games there, he's won 10 and never got a fair chance since injury?

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Because Moltzen is overrated and the winning record with him in the #7 had very little to do with him.

He is little more than a good runner of the ball. Rarely kicks, is not an organiser, does not threaten the line like Lui does.

And the only reason he is in FG at the moment (whether that be at fullback or centre) is because he chooses his mates wisely.

Lui is still a work in progress but anyone who thinks Moltzen should be our half ahead of him has rocks in their head.

b.bear

Juniors
Because Moltzen is overrated and the winning record with him in the #7 had very little to do with him.

He is little more than a good runner of the ball. Rarely kicks, is not an organiser, does not threaten the line like Lui does.

And the only reason he is in FG at the moment (whether that be at fullback or centre) is because he chooses his mates wisely.

Lui is still a work in progress but anyone who thinks Moltzen should be our half ahead of him has rocks in their head.

true

Radical Rat

Juniors

Agreed.

leoc

Juniors
Then I have rocks in my head!! Whether Moltzen contributed to the 10 wins from 11 goes at half or not doesn't matter to me, the fact is that we won 10 of them!! Lui isn't a work in progress, he peaked on debut!! The real fix is to go on the market and find a bloody half!! Someone with genuine ability. Madunit, the only good thing about Sandow is that he signed with Parra and not us!!!

I am also a rocks in my head kind of guy.....

I believe Moltzen is the perfect fit between Farah and Marshall.

Last edited:

BuffaloRules

Coach
Lui has the best general kicking game in the whole squad, and I think they are going to have to persevere with him..

Played great against Canberra, but was very ordinary agains Souths....

Needs to learn how to get his body behind his tackles....tends just to stick his arms out...

Tigerm

First Grade
Then I have rocks in my head!! Whether Moltzen contributed to the 10 wins from 11 goes at half or not doesn't matter to me, the fact is that we won 10 of them!! Lui isn't a work in progress, he peaked on debut!! The real fix is to go on the market and find a bloody half!! Someone with genuine ability. Madunit, the only good thing about Sandow is that he signed with Parra and not us!!!
I had never thought of Sandow as an option, but the play he put on us, the short drop out, that virtually wiped out any chance (if we had one) of winning last week, opened my eyes to him. Still not saying yes or no, but he did show everything we need, cheek, pace, thinker, good passing game & can kick goals? Imagine what he could do with Farah & Marshal supporting him. But it's all just pie in the sky stuff, as he is no longer an option.
I am prepared to give Moltzen time, to say Lui has peaked at 20 is being bit hard on the kid. His last game is probably one he would like to forget, but like Moltzen, he needs time as well, anyway, who else is there? I mean we appear to be prepared to shed players to buy a forward, so I can't see any chance of buying a half back? I think Miller is still too young.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I find it somewhat amusing we have gone from complaining about having no halves, to having three, and yet still not being happy.

We don't need a world class 7 when you have a world class 6 and 9 running the show.

Thats why Lui and Moltzen are able to play their natural games and not a natural 7's game.

R2Coupe

Juniors
I am also a rocks in my head kind of guy.....

I believe Moltzen is the perfect fit between Farah and Marshall.

Finally. Moltzen is a good young player recovering physically and psychologically from a knee reconstruction. He needs time on the field and supporters to have patience.

Latest posts