What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Brooks

stryker

First Grade
That is pretty funny. So he is the 4th best half in the comp and we should get one of the top 3 ? I wouldn't rate Brooks that highly.

We have other players who can create stuff.
No he is not the fourth best. He is the f**ken worst.
Im glad I don’t work with you as you seem the sort that always sits back and waits for someone else to do the shit work.
Once more for the f**ken brain dead....
IT IS THE JOB OF THE HALVES TO CLOSE A GAME LIKE THAT OUT!
It is not Laurie’s job. It is not Nofoluma’s job. It is no one else’s job.
The senior half should have taken the lead. Guess who that is???

Perth Tiger

Bench
I get it. You will only be satisfied if we are winning games and the halfback is always to blame.

I don't view Brooks as the guy who has to win games for us. I don't think he is that good. He can do it and he may do it but he is better played as a cog in the machine. We need other players to win us games. Guys like Douiehi and maybe Simpkin and Laurie and Luc.

I don’t get this view, so you think players with less experience and earning far less should be winning games instead of the most experienced player in the most important position on the field.

sure they all need to contribute but Brooks needs to be owning these games

WA Tiger

Bench
Of course Brooks should win games but he can’t. We know that now. So adjust or die. We simply make the most of him while he’s here and make sure for the time he is here there is minimal damage. That means he now does what he’s ok/good at in attack, passing, running and kicking high, and backing up...Others can create ops .

AD and Laurie can kick for 5th tackles and off the cuff kicks required..(Brooks can kick a pearl when he’s in the mood) And Nofo can kick too obviously. Ive never seen a ball so hard to kick bounce so sweet!
Don’t tell me Nofo didn’t stand out.

But yesterday wasn’t about great 5th tackle etc kicks. It was more non stop, basic pressure, courtesy of our no mistakes and intimidating running game involving Brooks..(I might be wrong there but that’s how it seemed to me)
That pressure had South’s on the back foot with no idea how to win it, for sustained periods.

I hardly noticed Brooks yesterday. Thats a really good sign..

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Of course Brooks should win games but he can’t. We know that now. So adjust or die. We simply make the most of him while he’s here and make sure the time he is here there is minimal damage. That means he now does what he’s ok/good at in attack, passing running and kicking high and backing up...Others can create ops .

AD and Laurie can kick for 5th tackles and off the cuff kicks required..(Brooks can kick a pearl when he’s in the mood) And Nofo can kick too obviously. .Ive never seen a ball so hard to kick land so sweet!

But yesterday wasn’t about great 5th tackle etc kicks. It was more non stop basic pressure courtesy of our no mistakes and intimidating running game involving Brooks..(I might be wrong there but that’s how it seemed to me)
That pressure had South’s on the back foot with no idea how to win it, for sustained periods.

I hardly noticed Brooks yesterday that’s a really good sign..
Yeah, hopefully he’s turned the corner, ATM we don’t have any other options, but I think we are more desperate for a wing and a centre IMO and as you state AD can do the kicking when required if Brooks can’t?

Off subject, but I hope we clan find a spot for Liddle as well?

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
Is it a good sign in this instance?
The forwards were making ground, the attack was flowing, our defensive line was holding, our mistakes minimal, we were completing sets....
Perfect conditions to direct play, call the shots and control the outcome.
As you stated, he was hardly noticed.
That’s not a good sign in my book.

WA Tiger

Bench
Is it a good sign in this instance?
The forwards were making ground, the attack was flowing, our defensive line was holding, our mistakes minimal, we were completing sets....
Perfect conditions to direct play, call the shots and control the outcome.
As you stated, he was hardly noticed.
That’s not a good sign in my book.
Sure and that will happen. Just not when Brooks is around.. So just for now, while he’s here, maybe focus on what he shouldn’t try to do. I think he still fkd up with what simmo said just before the drop kick. But if that’s our game - what we saw yesterday - from now on, the whole conversation changes. And Brooks can be part of it. But they have to back up next week or your argument is valid

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
I’d love to know what flicked the switch: I heard Madges wife came into the dressing sheds before training last week..

Madges wife:
“What the fk are you guys doing you miserable pieces of shit....”

Madge:
Ah ...sorry guys that’s my wife.Shes normally only like that on game day...

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
Sure and that will happen. Just not when Brooks is around.. So just for now, while he’s here, maybe focus on what he shouldn’t try to do. I think he still fkd up with what simmo said just before the drop kick. But if that’s our game - what we saw yesterday - from now on, the whole conversation changes. And Brooks can be part of it. But they have to back up next week or your argument is valid
Problem is that we have a tendency of lifting against Souths & subsequently displaying the inability to replicate that effort in recent yrs.I’m certainly not confident that this squad can consistently reproduce last nites strong performance which is what’s necessary for us to finally qualify for the 8.

Tiger05

First Grade
I don’t get this view, so you think players with less experience and earning far less should be winning games instead of the most experienced player in the most important position on the field.

sure they all need to contribute but Brooks needs to be owning these games

Definitely not. The highest paid players should be owning that game. I wouldn't have Brooks as our highest paid player. I don't rate him that highly as a half.

I think it's pretty obvious that he cops it from the perspective of not being a top quality half but I don't think he is a top quality half.

I'm stating we should be relying on other guys in the team. I'm fine with Brooks just playing to his ability which to me is a decent NRL half.

He has been very good this season. It's much improved on last season.

If you believe Brooks has to own these games you are going to be let down. I also don't think we need him too.

Tiger05

First Grade
Of course Brooks should win games but he can’t. We know that now. So adjust or die. We simply make the most of him while he’s here and make sure for the time he is here there is minimal damage. That means he now does what he’s ok/good at in attack, passing, running and kicking high, and backing up...Others can create ops .

AD and Laurie can kick for 5th tackles and off the cuff kicks required..(Brooks can kick a pearl when he’s in the mood) And Nofo can kick too obviously. Ive never seen a ball so hard to kick bounce so sweet!

But yesterday wasn’t about great 5th tackle etc kicks. It was more non stop, basic pressure, courtesy of our no mistakes and intimidating running game involving Brooks..(I might be wrong there but that’s how it seemed to me)

It is a good sign. He was heavily involved and did everything decently.

The expectations on Brooks are way out of whack with reality in multiple ways. Firstly he is being expected to win us games but he ain't that player. He isn't good enough. There aren't many halves that are good enough. Secondly we can win with Brooks playing to his ability.

Brooks has been very good in relation to what we require from him to win games.

Our halves worked great together. We played a really good game. We were unlucky. It's pretty clear to me that the problem in our squad is our outside backs.

We have much bigger problems than just our squad though. Our best performance was against Souths. We need to start playing to that level consistently.

Pezz70

Juniors
It is a good sign. He was heavily involved and did everything decently.

The expectations on Brooks are way out of whack with reality in multiple ways. Firstly he is being expected to win us games but he ain't that player. He isn't good enough. There aren't many halves that are good enough. Secondly we can win with Brooks playing to his ability.

Brooks has been very good in relation to what we require from him to win games.

Our halves worked great together. We played a really good game. We were unlucky. It's pretty clear to me that the problem in our squad is our outside backs.

We have much bigger problems than just our squad though. Our best performance was against Souths. We need to start playing to that level consistently.

i thought Brooksy was pretty good, just goes to show when the pigs dig in makes it a lot easier

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Problem is people have way too high expectations of Brooks. He is a solid to decent NRL standard player nothing less. Honestly I put him in the Chad Townsend mould with a little bit more flair

I thought his mid field bombs helped us trap south’s down their own end a fair bit. It’s amazing when the team actually puts effort in and chases his kicks.

I don’t blame the loss on him, we had an 8 point lead and had our fair share of dudded calls ffs.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Problem is that we have a tendency of lifting against Souths & subsequently displaying the inability to replicate that effort in recent yrs.I’m certainly not confident that this squad can consistently reproduce last nites strong performance which is what’s necessary for us to finally qualify for the 8.

it mystifies me how we can put in that dog shit performance against the cows & show the complete opposite against souffs. Play like that most games and we will win our fair share

Tiger05

First Grade
Problem is people have way too high expectations of Brooks. He is a solid to decent NRL standard player nothing less. Honestly I put him in the Chad Townsend mould with a little bit more flair

I thought his mid field bombs helped us trap south’s down their own end a fair bit. It’s amazing when the team actually puts effort in and chases his kicks.

I don’t blame the loss on him, we had an 8 point lead and had our fair share of dudded calls ffs.

Exactly. People have crazy expectations of him. He has been good. Anyone stating differently is comparing him to a top 2 or 3 half in the game and sometimes even worse.

Tiger05

First Grade
The fact that Hastings will be at the club next year shows that the coaching staff thinks/knows that he is needed at the club, guarantee that he’s not coming to play anywhere other than 7.

It's good but let's see what happens. Brooks may be under pressure from Hastings but maybe Hastings is being looked at to replace Mbye who has been performing pretty well in that 3rd playmaker/lock type role.

If Brooks plays well he will keep his spot. If not he won't. It's up to him.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
The fact that Hastings will be at the club next year shows that the coaching staff thinks/knows that he is needed at the club, guarantee that he’s not coming to play anywhere other than 7.

If we’re pinning our hopes on Hastings then we’ll be in trouble

showed nothing in 40+ games at 2 strong clubs and was white anted out of both

I think the view is he’s a cheaper alternative to Mbye with the view he may come good in his 2nd NRL stint but it’s still a gamble

stryker

First Grade
People expect our highly paid and one of our most experienced players, one who was once claimed to be the best in the league, to occasionally win us a game?
How dare they eh?

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
People expect our highly paid and one of our most experienced players, one who was once claimed to be the best in the league, to occasionally win us a game?
How dare they eh?

keyword claimed

by who? certainly not him. Sam Walker from the roosters is currently going through it, let’s see how that turns out eh