What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Brooks

WA Tiger

Bench
Dropping Brooks and ditching Madge..It’s like the end of covid..seriously these are massive positives for the club. The benefits of which cannot be seen in 2 weeks You know that, despite the bleeting

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
If Brooks is indeed going to be dropped to reserve grade he will no doubt kill it while the first grade team gets smashed. Hopefully we can steer the conversation that he's a Dally M winning quality player and another club picks him up.

I'm just worried who the media will turn on once Brooks leaves...

WA Tiger

Bench
Whatever the figure for Brooks, it’s far from pretty. And it’s increasing every year. You can bet Pascoe and Madge had major, if not total input in that decision (with a nod from whoever else may have been involved)…They thought they would build the team around Brooks..Yip they did that

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Whatever the figure for Brooks, it’s far from pretty. And it’s increasing every year. You can bet Pascoe and Madge had major, if not total input in that decision (with a nod from whoever else may have been involved)…They thought they would build the team around Brooks..Yip they did that
Can kind of understand why Brooks contract was hush hush when it happend .. I missed it completely. Typically exorbitant number to make it happen

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Can kind of understand why Brooks contract was hush hush when it happend .. I missed it completely. Typically exorbitant to make it happen

He was on like 500k. The next minute it's 1.3 million. It has to be bullshit. He has one year left as well. I bet there are heaps of worse contracts across the league. It's just that we are shit.

WA Tiger

Bench
No he was on $850, then over a million for his last year as per his contract .. You can go into denial and defend the club as much as you like and blame the media but WT have been that bad. It all makes sense to me and follows a pattern of excessive offers and dumb decisions. I bet Pascoe and Madge are right in the thick of it. Pascoe tho has been the common thread from the start.

and again No denials from WT. Especially from the lawyer. Don’t tell me he’s too shy

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
No he was on $850, then over a million for his last year as per his contract .. You can go into denial and defend the club as much as you like and blame the media but WT have been that bad. It all makes sense to me and follows a pattern of excessive offers and dumb decisions. I bet Pascoe and Madge are right in the thick of it. Pascoe tho has been the common thread from the start.

and again No denials from WT. Especially from the lawyer. Don’t tell me he’s too shy
None of us have any idea what the players are paid (and rightly so), it's all guess work from journo's.

Though he would have been on very good coin when he re-signed (was it after he had won Dally M half of the year)? A bad decision now, but probably not at the time.

macnaz

Staff member
Cleary extended him for an extra 2 years for $550k a season.. why would it suddenly double when he was offered a 5 year extension deal whilst still under contract ?
Especially when longer deals are generally less per annum due to a player having the extra job security without fear of injury or form regression .

WA Tiger

Bench
This is why Pascoe keeps his job. No one believes he can be that dumb.(ditto Madge)

It’s funny then how Brooks salary is the only one multiple journos got wrong with the $mil+ figure

And yes we do know player salary’s they are a dime a dozen

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
This is why Pascoe keeps his job. No one believes he can be that dumb.(ditto Madge)

It’s funny then how Brooks salary is the only one multiple journos got wrong with the $mil+ figure

And yes we do know player salary’s they are a dime a dozen
I guess you know what “click baiting” is?

Phil Gould

Juniors
I think the halves have had a really tough time while most of the attacking forwards have either been out through injury or, even worse, they haven’t put in. There are some in the pack that give their all every week and while they are great in defense they aren’t there for spearing their way up through the middle. Players like Offa are an exemplary exception but when you add a suspiciously early line of defense, over and over, the halves just don’t have the room or the time to do their thing.

I thought Brookes played well when he was bumped to the 6 in the matches they narrowly won against the bunnies and eels. I think the difference in those games was the forwards were making ground and creating space. If you look at the work rate for players like LL, in recent games, and Tuilagi in every game you can see why there has been not much go in attack. Players like Garner and Seyfarth have had to slot in and while they are good players for the roles they play they aren’t there to spear their way up through the middle and lift the team’s energy and confidence in the process. Injuries to other key forwards left the tigers having to rely on LL and Tuilagi as impact players. Unfortunately they weren’t out there tearing the defense a new but were seemingly more concerned with their new homes next year.

All that aside, Brookes just doesn’t seem to handle pressure on the field and has made too many mistakes. I think he is very talented and talented halves are very rare but I think he is a fair weather player and would excel in a team like the storm.

Last edited: