What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Burt-The best kick returner in the NRL.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Burt has played well on the wing, and Hayne has been awesome at the back. when INU comes back in our backline is looking great, now for the forwards :?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
:?

That's been shown to be a fallacy...

Luke might say a lot back there - but it doesn't mean (a) anyone is listening/ can hear him or (b) he's saying the right things

Because our defence with Hayne at FB is significantly better.

I don't mind Luke taking a 5 minute stanza there during the game, but when we have one of the best FBs in the game - both in attack and defense - we have to use him for all he's worth!

Back on topic - Luke Burt rocks at kick returns :sarcasm:

And stats prove it.

Burt is just a dribbler from the back, we score less and conceade more with him at fullback, and our win/loss with Burt at fullback is something attrocious like 19 from 44 games whilst Hayne at fullback we're about 17/24:cool:

The Engineers Room

First Grade
If you are all going to knock Burt again may I point out the couple of woeful second receiver passes Hayne threw that Burt would have found the man in space.

Hayne is a talented ball runner and needs to be closer to the action but I also think Burt is a talented ball distributor and creates for ball runners and needs to be closer to the action.

forward pass

Coach
I was closing my eyes at that point...... I would rather he held the ball and turned around and ran into touch.

Ah yes - the 'Iro' play. Just keep running backwards!

Whilst on this topic, would it be fair to say that we are sh*thouse at finishing matches off. I think that is four occasions this year where we have done really dumb things in the last few seconds ie - running the ball dead, smacking the ball dead etc.

No big issue - I just find it interesting.

Hanscholo

Bench
Not withstanding the fact that Hayne put him away for a 100m in the newcastle game in which he had to do nothing but just run. Thats why stats are misleading.

fish eel

Immortal
Hayne would have got a seven I reckon for the main reason he was trying too hard. Some of those passes off the hip could have caused more problems than they were worth. There were times yesterday he needed to step up and did but there were times he could have let Mortimer take a bit more control and been the running option out wide looking for the pass rather than trying to give it.....

Isn't it good when people can say that about him now?

Some of his passes/balls that went astray, you could see what he wanted to do, te idea might have been right but the execution wasnt there. Understandable because until this year hasnt been seen as a playmaker.

caylo

Bench
they arnt consider kick return, but funnly enough Burt made about 70 odd meters and atleast 60 of those where from returns off a Hayne pass. Hayne almost had burt in the corner and set up Latimore for a try that was disallowed. While Hayne didn't play as good as he has in the previous month it was a good fullbacks game (made 175 meters or so). I would have given Burt and Hayne a 7 and Grothe a 7.5 (Hard marker maybe), but while they were all very good and ran hard none of them did anything spectacular to get a 8 or higher (Grothe was close thou, had he finished the try that TT put him in the gap for or the other break he made I would have prob given him an 8)

The Colonel

Immortal
Isn't it good when people can say that about him now?

Some of his passes/balls that went astray, you could see what he wanted to do, te idea might have been right but the execution wasnt there. Understandable because until this year hasnt been seen as a playmaker.

It is fantastic to say the least......