What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Burt

The Stig

Juniors
There are obviously major problems in the club at the moment. I am a big fan of Burt. I have been for ages. Maybe the problem is that next year appears to have Parra having money to throw at players outside the club. Maybe he signed for lesser money on good faith that he may get upgraded and maybe they have told him to live with what he signed for. It could explain the recent slump. Like I said, lots of maybes. Having said all this, you simply can't single out a single player for the rut. Certainly today had the team full of debutants but the issue goes back prior to this week

big boppa eel

Juniors
Ando said it was Burt's call? Are you sure???? If that's the case there's something wrong because those decisions are made by the captain or the coach ONLY. There's no way in hell Burt would have been responsible for making the decision to go for a penalty goal.
Yes Anderson said it was Burts call!

Durantula35

Juniors
we get it, you don't like him

I don't dislike him, I don't know him. Obviously his effort is untouchable to a few of you on here because he's a nice guy.

You do realise the last 3 games he's averaging:

2.6 runs
2.3 tackles
2 missed tackles
40% goal kicking

Look Mortz is playing terrible, as is almost everyone in the side... but at least theyre playing with effort. I expect much more from a seasoned veteran, and its not the 1st time in his career Luke hasn't been around when the goings got tough. It's why he'll never really be considered an Eels great.

Bazal

Post Whore
8 runs and 7 tackles. combined over the last 3 games. But don't worry guys , he'll come good when we start winning.

Ok, feel free to over analyse the sh!t out of this and state the usual 'he's not on his own' , ' you can't blame him for the loss'.. yeah yeah we all know. Is he injured? Because he is contributing absolutely nothing. Ben Smith has done double this work load in 15 mins last week. Tahu's done more in 70mins v Newc.

Hey Luke, how bout you start playing with some heart?

I think we've seen this guy before....Burt hasn't had much chance to get involved, hard to do when no attack is directed down his side, the side is pretty much giving up after two tries and he's not even really a target in defence anymore. He's a winger you raving lunatic, and not a big one like Grothe either who should be helping with early runs. He can only be as involved as the attack gets him, and with Mortimer and Robson and Mateo doing most of what we're masquerading as attack, that's not very involved. He can't even bob up in field as much as he usually does because the ball more often than not doesn't go very far past those three and Hayne. But that's ok, we start losing and the same tired old scapegoats get dragged out by people who don't want to bag the real, more popular culprits

Eels Dude

Coach
Burt's a support player. That's his strength. Anyone who expects him to make 100 metres every game is an idiot because he's not that kind of player. Anyone who expects him to make more than 2 or 3 tackles a game is even more of an idiot... simple rule of being a winger in defence... stay in your position. Would you prefer to him to run infield and make a further 5 or 6 tackles and leave his wing empty? dumbass.

strider

Post Whore
I think any dick with a brain who has the slightest clue about rugby league would realise that the fact a winger is getting so few touches is a symptom of how sh*t the team is going in attack

Durantula35

Juniors
I think any dick with a brain who has the slightest clue about rugby league would realise that the fact a winger is getting so few touches is a symptom of how sh*t the team is going in attack

I've played 1st grade rugby league bro. Admittedly I wasn't very good but I had a dig.

Like I said, he's got his groupies on here because he took a photo with you kid, or smiled at you one day.. but he is not putting in.
Either he's got an injury and he shouldn't be playing , or he's soft and gone missing.

Rugby League is a team sport, everyone needs to contribute. If the only thing to his game is being a 'good support player' than everytime it rains or we're going to be in a grind he shouldn't be playing. Fair dinkum, some of you keyboard warriors are laughable.

Durantula35

Juniors
Played for 2 Sydney clubs, most recently the Tigers , but always been an Eels supporter and now retired living out West. Private message me if you want to know more, its probably not best I make such comments publicly.

I know how hard it is to compete at this level. The bloke is not competing.

Stagger eel

Staff member
the conditions and our side doesn't suit a bloke like Burt, but he's hardly the real issue here.

Bazal

Post Whore
No, you make the claims publicly, back them up publicly...or you're a liar

Durantula35

Juniors
No, you make the claims publicly, back them up publicly...or you're a liar
Ok bro, i'm a liar. Hope that keeps you happy. This isn't twitter I don't have to verify my account lol.

I stand by my claims, he's either busted and playing out of necessity or not putting in. He's givin alot more chances by people on here becuase of his long service and the fact he scores 20 points in games when we're flying. Fair enough, its not our only problem, but it's time he started putting in.

Bazal

Post Whore
A liar and...how did you put it? Keyboard hero? Love blokes who make up claims to make their opinion seem more valid when it's clearly unsupported...