What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Dorn

Misanthrope

Staff member
Gee, coming from a Manly fan that's worrying. The halves they chose to keep in his stead were God awful.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
CCGenerals said:
chriswalkerbush said:
And as Alex pointed out in his other thread, it'd allow Kidley to move to the centres. Dorn has plenty of first grade experience in the #6

Of all those times that he played FG was any good? I quite liked his kicking game on Sunday better than Witt thats for sure. Hopefully he can do it in FG.

Witts kicking game was very good for the knights. His long kicking game was continually finding the grass and he got us several repeat sets with his short kicking game. He rarely put in a poor kick!

thuganomics

Coach
I remember a pass he did against Brisbane at Suncorp last year. It was like a 360 spin thingy, hard to explaine.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
thuganomics said:
I remember a pass he did against Brisbane at Suncorp last year. It was like a 360 spin thingy, hard to explaine.

"Fluke" seems the best way that I explain it...

LeagueisNo1

Juniors
Luke Dorn's not a bad player but it will be interesting to see how many first grade matches he plays if Johns stays fit next year.

aqua_duck

Coach
If he can put some weight on, and imrove his defence and running game he'll be a handy buy, but under the knights, I doubt any of those things will happen.

General Knight

Juniors
aqua_duck said:
If he can put some weight on, and imrove his defence and running game he'll be a handy buy, but under the knights, I doubt any of those things will happen.
He must have been desperate if he came to play for the Knights considering that there is already a bunch of halves here already. Was there any other clubs after him?

Johns Magic

Referee
CCGenerals said:
aqua_duck said:
He must have been desperate if he came to play for the Knights considering that there is already a bunch of halves here already. Was there any other clubs after him?

I think so. Some ESL teams were also after him.

General Knight

Juniors
Johns Magic said:
CCGenerals said:
aqua_duck said:

I think so. Some ESL teams were also after him.
But why come to the Knights though? It wasnt like the Knights offered him much more than what the Roosters were paying him.

PS: I have no probs with him coming to play for us, as the old saying goes "the more the merrier".

Johns Magic

Referee
CCGenerals said:
Well theres not much opportunity here unless he can play really well.

He'd probably be in front of Witt, Campbell, and maybe even Kidley here.

At the Roosters he is behind Finch, Firman, Soward and even Wing or Flannery

Alex28

Coach
I would suggest the order would be:

* Kidley - has been developed to be John's halves partner for the last few years. Will start at 5/8 no doubt.
* Dorn - Has shown good form with the Roosters Premier League side, and lets face it - it doesn't matter how good he was playing, he wouldnt have got a start with the First Grade squad unless Fittler and Finch were out injured.
* Witt - Has a good kicking game but is an absolute speed bump in defence and offers not much more in attack.
* Campbell - an unknown prospect. Talks of starting him in First Grade is absolutely rediculous.

We still have some potential problems in the Centres and Wing position depending on how Carmont goes over the off season with his defence...so maybe Kidley moving to Centre and Dorn to 5/8 could be on the cards.

Who knows...

borat

Bench
looks like their will be some healthy competition for the 5/8th spot next year. It seems like a long time since Newcastle have had a few players capable of competing for this position. The pressure might bring the best out of Kidley.

Latest posts