What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Lewis

natheel

Coach
That link doesn't work now. Well it pretty much states flnno says they haven't had any sort of talks with Lewis and graham claims it was just a catch up for coffee

spider

Coach
That link doesn't work now.
Amusuingly convenient but regardless of any comment now (whether the link works or not) they have openly stated they would be interested in Lewis

Well it pretty much states flnno says they haven't had any sort of talks with Lewis and graham claims it was just a catch up for coffee
Of course it was, and how uncanny was the timing.

What a shame we couldn't have sent Toopoo packing next year.

Could have picked up Luke Lewis with the money he was on and kept Smith.

The option clause in his contract farked up our recruitment plans.

natheel

Coach
Mate just showing ya an article saying they havnt talked. Like all journalism it could be complete crap but it's there and I posted it. Get over it

coolumsharkie

Referee
NRL on Fox reckon he is a Shark, speculating of course but it's nice to hear this forum's discussions being iterated on tv shows.

Ausguy

Coach
can i point out the elephant in the room or will someone shout me down....

WE STILL HAVE NO CLASS OUTSIDE BACKS....

Before someone says "there are none on offer", ok fine but why spend money on another 2nd rower? I wont be mad if we get lewis but what exactly is the clubs plan to fix the backs issue, does anyone see the conrulla sharks winning the cmop with that backline?

Frenzy.

Immortal

Before someone says "there are none on offer", ok fine but why spend money on another 2nd rower? I wont be mad if we get lewis but what exactly is the clubs plan to fix the backs issue, does anyone see the conrulla sharks winning the cmop with that backline?

Lewie played wing in the 2003 GF.

hahahaha

TRIALS

Juniors

Flash Gordon is a start and there really is no other "class" backs on offer so why pay overs for a slight upgrade. It would be smarter to take a punt on a couple of young backs and wait for some class to come on offer when the cap increases. Shit takes time. Be patient.

Flanagan yesterday cleared up any uncertainty over the future of Sharks forward Jeremy Smith in the wake of speculation the club could offload him to St George Illawarra to make way under the salary cap for Lewis.

Flanagan said he could make room for both Smith and Lewis, adding: ''One hundred per cent - Jeremy Smith will not be going to the Dragons. Consistently, he's been our best player. He's on contract next year and it's about having quality players in your roster.

''My goal is to get to six representative players in our squad. We've got three at the moment - Jeremy Smith, Paul Gallen and Todd Carney - and my goal, preferably, is to get another three, to really be a force for the next couple of years.''

The cap will be extended from $4.3 million to at least $5 million next year because of the windfall of an anticipated $1 billion-plus broadcast deal.

Even so, Lewis comes with a price tag of $500,000 a season, and the Sharks have to keep in mind Smith's contract (about $300,000 a season), captain Gallen, re-signed forward Wade Graham, new signing Michael Gordon, and Anthony Tupou. Five-eighth Carney is also due for a substantial increase.

Flanagan was reticent to spell out how Lewis would feature in the Sharks' pack.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...out-cash-later-lewis-told-20120711-21wdy.html

Craigshark

First Grade
Sounds good. I hope Lewis signs.. I can see the Tigers or the Bulldogs coming in and throwing huge amounts of money at him which he won't be able to resist.

Latest posts