What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Lewis

Surely

Post Whore
So the media story says he is best mates with gal that's why he was hanging out at cronulla after soo

One paper has said he's on $425k another has said he's on $500k.

Anyway just think about Tupou being on $400k since he has signed with us and compare him to Luke Lewis.

Too funny.

Special K

Coach
http://www.triplem.com.au/brisbane/...great-players-at-this-club/20120710-gozv.html

Cronulla Sharks coach Shane Flanagan told Triple M's Monday Night Football Luke Lewis is a "great player."
"I know Luke personally, I coached him in junior Kangaroos and then in Origin, so I know he's a great players and we want good players at our club," Shane told Triple M.
However the Sharks coach would not be drawn on whether he has already thrown his hat in to the ring for Lewis who will be a free agent at the end of the season.
"We'll let the dust settle and see where we are," Shane concluded.
29 year-old Luke Lewis is the most in-demand player after being released early from his contract with Penrith Panthers yesterday.
Gus Gould told the media it was "sad for the club" to see him go but that their goals "did not marry."
In other news, Shane Flanagan had some choice words on Golden Point.
"I hate it. I just think the whole concept of our game - about being tough men, and going forward and getting field position, just goes out the window," Shane told Triple M's Monday Night Football.
"I'm sure we were offside, they were offside - it just becomes a scramble. The sooner we get rid of it the better," Flanagan added.
Interesting that Flanno has coached him before.

Also you can bet on where he will sign - http://www.sportingbet.com.au/defau...-Who+Will+Luke+Lewis+Play+For+In+2013-3229960 we are at $2.25 next best is the dragons at $3. I thought it was just a stupid telegraph thing but I guess not!

spider

Coach
However the Sharks coach would not be drawn on whether he has already thrown his hat in to the ring for Lewis who will be a free agent at the end of the season.
if he hadnt been in play as yet he simply would have responded with "no".

Special K

Coach
ipad-art-wide-paul-gallen-luke-lewis-420x0.jpg

Man love!

Weaponhead

Coach
400k for a player of his quality is great business. He is tough and durable with high skill level. Bring it on.

Agree with flanagan re golden point. Boring field goal shoot out. Refs too scared to blow penalties and players too overcoached to show any iniative. The one exception was the much maligned Anthony Tupou who threw a great pass in traffic to get us in range for a shot.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Immortal
400k for a player of his quality is great business. He is tough and durable with high skill level. Bring it on.

Agree with flanagan re golden point. Boring field goal shoot out. Refs too scared to blow penalties and players too overcoached to show any iniative. The one exception was the much maligned Anthony Tupou who threw a great pass in traffic to get us in range for a shot.

Well if Flanagan thinks that why doesn't he (and all the other coaches who claim to not like it) just tell the players to not go for FGs?

azzah72

Bench
Wade Graham on 2UE's Sports today right now getting asked about Lewis, said no obviously but they are trying to grill him.

Reckons he scored that try last night too.

Avenger

Immortal
It's between Cronulla, Tigers and Eels. Doust on Talkin Sport stated that they would not be recruiting any top tier players for 2013. I know we offered $600K for Tony Williams and missed out so we have at least that much minus the cost of Daniel Harrison left.

Since 73

First Grade
He's going nowhere but the Sharks.

Spends the weekend here with Gal.
Goes into Gus's office first thing Monday and demands a release.

He made up his mind on the weekend.

We're the new silvertails.

Avenger

Immortal
He's going nowhere but the Sharks.

Spends the weekend here with Gal.
Goes into Gus's office first thing Monday and demands a release.

He made up his mind on the weekend.

We're the new silvertails.

Well done for turning it around. Do you need to shed Jeremy Smith ? We need him.

sharkadelic

Juniors
It's between Cronulla, Tigers and Eels. Doust on Talkin Sport stated that they would not be recruiting any top tier players for 2013. I know we offered $600K for Tony Williams and missed out so we have at least that much minus the cost of Daniel Harrison left.

And Darcy Lussick. ;-)

I am with the cynics. We were the favourites to land Beau Champion and we were favoured to keep Snowden (won on that one I think this year) when Wayne announced his cap of $300,000 for props.

I will believe it when I see it. (but pray in the meantime)

Latest posts