What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke O'Donnell

Trollhammaren

Juniors
O'Donnell was great in 2000 and 2004. Ordinary in the other years for various reasons. Although I was unhappy to see him leave (he had been my favourite player from 2000) it was probably not a bad option for the club. Good on him, maybe he will come back home someday.

I have renamed him luke o'hill - hahhaahhaaa!!!!!!

cause he was always injured or suspended, and didnt play alot!

maybe it has something to do wih the climate up at townsville, cause travis norton wasnt really sound either and they both seem to be playing really well!!!!!

oro

Juniors
you know who??????????? said:

maybe it has something to do wih the climate up at townsville, cause travis norton wasnt really sound either and they both seem to be playing really well!!!!!

Coaching? 8)

# 8

Juniors
oro said:
you know who??????????? said:

Coaching? 8)
And Billy Johnstone

Impellitteri said:
Move on, this "I told you so" stuff is so easy to say when it comes to football players.....he doesn't play for us anymore, good luck to him, and well done for doing well with his new team.....its called chance, maybe if he stayed he would have crunched another player with his elbow and been out for another 12 weeks or maybe he would have done his knee again......see, we move on, not everything is guaranteed

Couldnt of put it better myself :D

oro

Juniors
Rationalise retention mistakes with "let's move on". The idea is to learn from this and to say yes, in the case of O'Donnell, Graham Murray has proved what a good forward he is, and what a good forward he could have been for WTs.

simon says

First Grade
Even though he is a hard worker,he does do a lot of stupid stuff in games.Dropped balls,silly penalties etc.Im sure Sheens saw this and realised we just arent a good enought team to have a player that drops three balls and gives three penalties away a game.

If you could get him to forget the stupid stuff he would be a gun for sure.But he will never be first class while he has these flaws in his game.

Cheers.

oro

Juniors
O'Donnell is an impact player. Opportunities occur when he runs the ball simply because he is a destructive runner. He provides the impact and go forward that our forwards have lacked this year. Look at his impact for Nth Queensland in the finals.

The fact is that most of our forwards aren't as good as O'Donnell except for Galea and Harrison.

# 8

Juniors
oro said:
O'Donnell is an impact player. Opportunities occur when he runs the ball simply because he is a destructive runner. He provides the impact and go forward that our forwards have lacked this year. Look at his impact for Nth Queensland in the finals.

The fact is that most of our forwards aren't as good as O'Donnell except for Galea and Harrison.
None of your forwards are as good as O'Donnell, he is having a big year at the Cowboys after a very sloppy start.

Gus22

Juniors
What he does next year will be decisive in rating O'donnell. Back in 2000 he looked like he was going to be the next big thing, but for various reasons didn't kick on. If he can put two solid seasons together then the wraps he has been getting lately may well be justified.

Vicious

Bench
Neither Nick Graham nor Mark O`Neill were ever anywhere near the player that Luke O`Donnell is.I`ll never know what Sheensy was thinking when buying Graham after having already signed Scott Sattler???????????
You only have one lock on the field!
And to resign O`Neill in preference to O`Donnell??????That`s what really annoys me about O`Neill.It`s not that he`s that bad a player,but he seems to get preferance over other more talented players just for the fact that he`s been loyal to Balmain/Wests Tigers.Unfortunately,loyalty doesn`t win you a premiership,class does!

bonstonker

Juniors
Vicious said:
It`s not that he`s that bad a player,but he seems to get preferance over other more talented players just for the fact that he`s been loyal to Balmain/Wests Tigers.

absolute load of crap.

do you mean to tell me that after buckets season in 2003 he didn't deserve a contract.pure f**king stupidity there mate,luke had produced f**k all for the wests tigers and he should be the one to get a contract. :roll:

luke makes double the mistackles,3 times more errors and penalties.
he makes just under 7 yards a hitup(half a yard more than buckets),a couple of offloads and f**k all line breaks,but he is somehow a god we let go. :roll:

why do wests tigers fans get so hung up on past players that produced f**k all for the club,yet forget about players who actually do produce year in year out for our club.

Vicious

Bench
bonstonker said:
Vicious said:
It`s not that he`s that bad a player,but he seems to get preferance over other more talented players just for the fact that he`s been loyal to Balmain/Wests Tigers.

absolute load of crap.

do you mean to tell me that after buckets season in 2003 he didn't deserve a contract.pure f**king stupidity there mate,luke had produced f**k all for the wests tigers and he should be the one to get a contract. :roll:

luke makes double the mistackles,3 times more errors and penalties.
he makes just under 7 yards a hitup(half a yard more than buckets),a couple of offloads and f**k all line breaks,but he is somehow a god we let go. :roll:

why do wests tigers fans get so hung up on past players that produced f**k all for the club,yet forget about players who actually do produce year in year out for our club.
Wake up to yourself!!!!You are dreaming if you are suggesting Buckets is anywhere near the player Luke O`Donnell is.Do you think the Cowboys would want to swap Luke for Mark????Balmain supporters get hung up on Mark because of the loyalty he`s showed the club.That`s great,but the bottom line is no other club ever wanted Mark.I`ll say it again,he keeps himself very fit,does plenty of tackling and is always encouraging his team mates,but his tackles very rarely hurt or force an error from the opposition,he very rarely runs the ball hard,never makes a productive hit up up the middle of the field when the hard yards need to be made and has little or no aggression.These are some of the reasons as to why he`s never played in a finals series or never played rep football.Luke O`Donnell has been a dominant force in the Cowboys brilliant end to the season and don`t tell me he didn`t show the same ability at the Tigers.He had a shocking run with injuries and got a harsh suspension,but once he had an uninterupted season,he had always shown that he would peform like he is now.