What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lukey V. Wade

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Who should be our fullback when Wade is fit again ?

Burty's form has been great, but Wades was also good before he was injured.

Should it be decided on goal kicking ability ?

Suitman

Post Whore
That's a tough one.

Burt hasn't been put under too much pressure either defensively or under the high ball. These are not his strong points. I thought St George would have peppered him last night in those conditions.
On the other hand, his goal kicking has been a huge boost.

I think maybe I would stick with Burt, but he still makes me incredibly nervous any time the ball heads his way. His long kicking game should also be utilised more often. He also needs to tail the forwards up the middle of the ruck as much as he can.

Suity

Tyler Durden

Juniors
how could you drop burt ? he's been close to our best the last 2 games

and yes, goalkicking is a massive factor, esp in pressure games.

parra_princess

Juniors
Burt all the way!!!

I've been so impressed with Burt the last 2 games at fullback. How awesome is he chasing the grubber kick? McKinnon look he goes okay but he's starting to do his old thing where he doesn't take on the line bringing the ball back (running sideways looking for non existant holes).

Maybe i'm bias though cos I know Burty is going to be sticking around at Parra! :D

stuke

Bench
Burt has to be rewarded for his form at the moment.

unfortunately for Wade he seems to have been injured at the wrong time.

just one of those things....bad luck for Wade, good luck for Burt.

strider

Post Whore
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm indeed ...

Burty has been going great in these last 2 games - he's even made tackles when it counts .... yeah stg didn't give him many high kicks (altho the one they tried I think burty should have made more effort to get to or at least make Best think he might) - but Manly tested him a bit and Burty did well in that one. Burty's attack has been outstanding - running the ball back, support play, chasing kicks .... and his kicking general play and goals has been massive.

But Wade is still a very very good fullback and I still believe more sound under pressure. Wade had some great games before being injured too.

I really don't know .... its a tough call .... I might still lean towards Wade - but the kicking will be missed.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Is there any chance of:

1. McKinnon
2. Burt
3. Benny
4. Hayne (he played both fullback AND centre as a junior - he was picked for the NSW U19's at centre)
5. Grothe

17. O'Dwyer

jayjayselmes

Juniors
drop wade??? Wake up.

Yes burt has been strong but you dont drop a consistent performer thats just silly.

Yet you fools reckon bring tim smith back after injury if we do make the finals????? Poor form,. off field dramas and poor season form and you guys would bring him back????

Clowns

strider

Post Whore
eloquentEEL said:
Is there any chance of:

1. McKinnon
2. Burt
3. Benny
4. Hayne (he played both fullback AND centre as a junior - he was picked for the NSW U19's at centre)
5. Grothe

17. O'Dwyer

Stop moving Chalky ffs :fist:

:lol:

How about Burty #17? .... bit of impact from the bench .... we played almost all last night without using Delaney ..... Jeremy goes off the field for periods of games anyway - bring Burty on, play him on the wing in defence but give him a roving role in attack and he'll do some kicking and try scoring :D ...... actually I wouldn't do that - we need some size on th bench i think

Utey

Coach
We need the goalkicker, Burt had a bad first 20 min but then did some really good stuff.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
jayjayselmes said:
drop wade??? Wake up.

Yes burt has been strong but you dont drop a consistent performer thats just silly.

Yet you fools reckon bring tim smith back after injury if we do make the finals????? Poor form,. off field dramas and poor season form and you guys would bring him back????

Clowns
:lol: your a classic jay jay. i'm wide awake burty for mine sorry jay jay

Hurriflatch

Referee
34 pts in the last 2 weeks can't drop Burty (did I say that)

seriously tho, with Wade coming back next week (at least he said so last night) and Tahu getting closer and closer to a comeback it's going to give JT some of the best headaches of his life.

St. George's only try came from Burty not attacking that ball. Seriously it was like he strolled towards it.

Having said that he is playing some damned fine football and I'll be happy whichever way they go.

mighty eel

Juniors
wat about tahu he will be back this week

all our backs are returning at the same time i would hate to be JT this week

Delaney back to premier league

O'Dwyer can play lock

JT can't drop ben smith he had his best game of season lastnight but either way if JT drops smith i will understand cause tahu is a rep player he can't leave him in premier league with all that class

This would be my line up for next week against cronulla

1 Mckinnon
2 Burt
3 Tahu
4 Hayne
5 Grothe
6 Morris
7 J.Smith
8 Cayless
9 Riddell
10 Robinson
11 Hindmarsh
12 Morrison
13 O'dwyer

Bench

14 Marsh
15 Widders
16 Cordoba
17 not shore

tell me who u think should play there we don't need wagon we need a forward maybe Mateo or Hauraki

mighty eel

Juniors
he should be back this week or next he has already been training with the boys iam shore if he dosn't play this week he will play nextweek 100% shore on that. Thats wat they told me

Redback71

First Grade
burt he scores the tries wade cant and puts himself in the postion to as well, if burt was not there the last two weeks that would have been 3 tries and about 5 or 6 goals they we would not have scored

Hurriflatch

Referee
vs Manly - 2 tries and 5 from 5 (at least 3 from the sideline)
vs Dragons - 1 try and 6 from 7 (only miss came from the sideline but kicked a couple from there anyway)

34 points in 2 weeks

James_Hardie

Juniors
Burt has to stay. The pressure we have been able to create with grubber kick chaes which he has scored off, will serve us well in the coming weeks as defences think twice about rushing up.

Gives more options in attack and has a useful kicking game. If he trails up the middle more the way wade does, it will be perfect.

Faster than Wade and on current form no more likely to have a brain explosion than Wade. And of course there is the goal kicking.