What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lyon can play for Wee Waa

El Diablo

Post Whore
Eelementary said:
I

See, I see that there ARE solutions. Thus if he DOESN'T return to us, obviously it wasn't for the reasons mentioned, and I'll be very angry.

Well he can't play for any other NRL club until 2007.

Even if he returned for some other mob then we probably wouldn't know his motives.

Eelementary

Post Whore
But it's a load of crap!

Not only one of our best players, but a good bloke and a good friend of the team he left.

I think his absence has lefta huge void in the team.

And for what? So he can play for Wee Waa.

Fair enough; but we STILL don't know why he left, and if it's for the reason that the pressures of NRL First Grade footy and being too famous haunt him, well - there are solutions, as I mentioned.

strider

Post Whore
Its becoming more apparent to me he left purely cos of no Crusher Cleal - hence the association with Manly.....I think Crusher (and son) makes him feel a little more at home - like hanging with country mates all the time - even while at training.

I think the "I don't want to play at Parra under Brian Smith" is a lie to try to get where he wants to be.

Does anyone remember the timing of 2 things:
1) Jamie resigning
2) Cleal being shown the door

Very disappointed in Jamie :(

Parraren

Bench
Misty Bee said:
There is no way Parra would be paying him any extra. I'd say we just freed up $350 000 for a new backline member -and it would want to be spent on a bloody lot more than Matt Utai!

There's no way Lyon is on $350K. I'd say $300K max but the figure's probably closer the $275K mark. Either way we opbviously have some money to spend if we're throwing $400K (allegedly) Matt Orford's way.

Eels Dude

Coach
He's on about 250K isn't he?

What will hurt badly is if in 2 years time Lyon wants to return to the NRL, signs with another club, Parramatta have wasted 500K on the salary cap for 2 years and ungrateful Lyon doesn't even care. I can't imagine how angry I would be if that were to happen.

The statement by the club seems to be sucking up to Lyon. Jamie can return to Parramatta at any stage, they're just dishing it all up to him on a plate. They should stand firm and say if he wants to return it would be on a reduced wage. They've just gone soft here for no reason at all.

Latest posts