What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lyon quits Manly, signs with Titans

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Still, Dave Taylor has cured his homesickness, and is now a 9 hour drive from home, rather than 2 flights of 1.5 hours each........

I suppose an old fart like you probably would take 9hrs to drive from Burleigh to Brisbane. Most likely spending the entire time in right lane.

You'd probably get lost too.

t-ba

Post Whore
I suppose an old fart like you probably would take 9hrs to drive from Burleigh to Brisbane. Most likely spending the entire time in right lane.

Well shit me, Rockhampton is now a suburb of Brisbane?

redvscotty

First Grade
Taylors from Rockhampton though? Or does the males side of the family disappear once you get married.

Oh yeah, it generally does!

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Rothfield is a joke.

Compare the two articles.

SMH: Direct quotes from Lyon specifically stating he never contemplated leaving Manly this year and hopes to be there for the remainder of his career.

DT: Rampant speculation and rumour mongering that Manly are 'trying to convince' Lyon to stay. A single quote towards the end that denies the entire premise of their article.

Exactly and yet it's FAIRFAX who will die first. It's f**king wrong, man.

Danny-Boy

Juniors
f**king telegraph and rothfield you f**king pieces of shit, coming up with a bullshit story taking away from the real tragic story of the day, john mannah losing his battle to cancer.

RIP John.

Loudstrat

Coach

If I was homesick I wouldnt be driving to f*cking Brisbane for starters. But it seems only Queenslanders are sooks who get "homesick".

Maybe it's the bricks, roofs and electricity we have down here that makes Queenslanders unsettled.

Hutty1986

Immortal
This whole drama must be very stressful for Jamie. It must be hard enough getting invited to play Origin every year and not having the guts to do so!

oval

Juniors
This whole drama must be very stressful for Jamie. It must be hard enough getting invited to play Origin every year and not having the guts to do so!

I guess some people don't always do what others want them to do.

Canard

Immortal
Everyone is missing the real issue here! Someone somewhere considers Champion to be strike centre!!

After watching him live in 2011 numerous times I would suggest it's a stretch to call him an NRL player.

some11

Referee
Everyone is missing the real issue here! Someone somewhere considers Champion to be strike centre!!

After watching him live in 2011 numerous times I would suggest it's a stretch to call him an NRL player.

He couldn't even strike a match.

Ulysseus

Bench
Lyon quits Manly?

pffffffffffffffft

More like booze addled fuhkwit with a face like a beetroot knocks back one too many VB's before 8:00am

Brutus

Referee
Another epic fail from Rothfield.

"There's a ...... writing stories under your name..."

zombie jesus

Staff member
THE drama over Jamie Lyon's future at Manly could easily have been averted.

When Titans boss David May phoned his Manly Sea Eagles counterpart David Perry to inquire about the champion centre's availability, he was left with the impression that the door was open.

Instead Perry should have issued a firm "hands-off" warning to his rival from up north.

The Titans offered $3 million over four years and they thought they had their man.

Poor Jamie Lyon was left to defend himself from suggestions he was walking out on his mates.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...a-poorly-handled/story-e6frexnr-1226557697242

merkin

beave

Coach
phil-rothfield.jpg

' 'sup guys???'......................