What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lyon to Penrith not Manly

Briza

Juniors
Poor fitzdickheas and Smith must hold a grudge against Crusher/Manly, so they release him to a club higher than them on the ladder - LMFAO?

PARRAMATTA are poised to shock rugby league by releasing runaway centre Jamie Lyon but only if he joins Penrith and not Manly.

Direction ... Jamie Lyon's future unclear

The explosive development could lead to the Sea Eagles starting legal action against Parramatta for restraint of trade.

The Daily Telegraph understands Lyon would return to the NRL next season although the proposal is in its infancy.

Lyon walked out on Parramatta on March 16 this year and has played the past six months with his hometown club the Wee Waa Panthers in Group 4.

Parramatta chief executive Denis Fitzgerald has not officially met with Penrith over the possible deal but some senior Panthers managers are aware of the situation.

"We have agreed to give Jamie permission to speak with Penrith," Fitzgerald said.

Fitzgerald is holding discussions through Mick Kelly - a former Penrith player and also Lyon's uncle and secondary manager.

Kelly, who wants his nephew to join Penrith, spoke to Parramatta general manager of football Greg Mitchell yesterday.

The Eels would ask Penrith for a release fee.

There are, however, some concerns that Penrith may not be able to fit Lyon into their salary cap.

The possible signing of former Test player Lyon would be ideal for Penrith who lose 2003 grand final centres Ryan Girdler (retirement) and Paul Whatuira (Wests Tigers) at the end of the season.

It is understood Lyon was interested in joining Manly because of his friendship with former Parramatta official, now Manly recruitment officer, Noel Cleal.

This is understood to be the cause of tensions between the two clubs.

Fitzgerald was reluctant to discuss the Lyon drama last night but did say: "We were approached by Mick Kelly about Jamie joining Penrith. Jamie has said he didn't like city life but Penrith is a semi-rural area.

"We are only discussing the issue at this stage. We haven't released him - I want to make that point."

Manly chief executive Paul Cummings contacted Fitzgerald yesterday asking for the Sea Eagles to hold discussions with Lyon. Fitzgerald refused.

Asked why he rejected Manly, Fitzgerald said: "No comment."

Cummings said: "I rang Denis as I understood the Parramatta club was to give Jamie a release.

"He indicated it was a release to Penrith.

"I asked whether Manly could join the discussions. Denis said no. He said it was Penrith and Penrith only.

"Personally I think it is a restraint of trade and that is dangerous ground."

Asked if Manly would consider legal proceedings, Cummings said: "We'll wait and see. We don't want a slanging match with Parramatta. We did tell Parramatta we wouldn't interfere with the process."

The former representative centre quit the NRL, citing a dislike for city life.

The Daily Telegraph

OVP

Coach
How ? Easy ... because Parramatta are refusing to release him to them. That IS a restraint of trade and Fitzgerald will get OWNED in court.

Just say Microsoft refused to allow one of their chief execs to goto Apple ... same thing applies. Parra hasnt got a leg to stand on if it goes to court.

As to why they dont want him there ... Noel Cleal. Cleal went to Manly after guiding Parramatta to some great recruitment in 2001 where they almost won the comp. Cleal is like a father figure to Lyon.

Moffo

Referee
Its not a restraint of trade to forbid someone from doing something whilst they are still under contract to you

Think about it, if I was under a contract where I could not associate with an employer in the same industry for say....5 years, thats not a restraint of trade. That is just a condition of the contract.

It depends on the nature of Jamies contract and the terms on which he was released to Wee Waa

I'd prefer Lyon to go to Penrith Just to piss the Manly scum off.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"I could just picture paul Cummings conversation with Fitzy yesterday: Pleasee please please pleaseeeeeee Fitzy give us Lyon" (tears rolling down his cheeks) Then Fitzy would say: "The Last place that little shit Lyon is going to is Manly scum land, and Pass on my regards to those fat f**kers Cleal and Peter peters" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Make those Manly f**kers sweat Fitzy!!!!!!

RainMan

Juniors
Jake the snake said:
I'd prefer Lyon to go to Manly Just to piss the Manly scum off.

That doesn't make sense?

"I could just picture paul Cummings conversation with Fitzy yesterday: Pleasee please please pleaseeeeeee Fitzy give us Lyon" (tears rolling down his cheeks) Then Fitzy would say: "The Last place that little sh*t Lyon is going to is Manly scum land, and Pass on my regards to those fat f*** Cleal and Peter peters"

Im sure thats exactly how Cummings would react :roll: Former Australian Businessman of the Year crying over a player. :roll:

Its ironic how Parra supporters call for Fitzies head because of his refusal to sack B. Smith yet seem to love him over something like this...

The Colonel

Immortal
Kelly, Lyon's uncle, is negotiating on Lyon's behalf for the release to Penrith -therefore no restraint of trade. If Lyon isn't happy to go to Penrith (I believe he lives out there anyways) why would he ask his uncle to do so. As Lyon is still under contract and no release has yet been granted, Manly can spend as much time pig shooting with him and trying to butter the lying little prick up as they want.

Parramatta are not about to do a Souths and let Lyon go whereever he wants to go and so they shouldn't.

McSharkie said:
Penrith can afford him?

Now that Vaealiki has been released and it appears likely that Dykes will go, the Eels could afford to help Penrith out and release him so he does fit under their cap. ;-)

Rainman u idiot Read my comments again, it does make sense and I have not edited the post. Your obviously got your hand on your dick and its making u go Blind :D

Rain man anything to Piss Manly off.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
With all the previous Lyon hysteria and Manly claims, Manly have admitted that hat they could not afford Lyon.

Now they talking "restraint of trade".

RainMan

Juniors
Jake the snake said:
Rainman u idiot Read my comments again, it does make sense and I have not edited the post.
Rain man anything to Piss Manly off.

Err wouldn't Manly be happy if they got Lyon? Not pissed off?

Restraint of trade my arse, Lyons uncle said he wants wants Lyon to go to Penrith.

And as stated in the article :Fitzgerald was reluctant to discuss the Lyon drama last night but did say: "We were approached by Mick Kelly about Jamie joining Penrith. Jamie has said he didn't like city life but Penrith is a semi-rural area.

Rainman, Thats the whole point Jamie is not going to the Manlyscum which will Piss them off. God knows how hard Cleal has tried to get Jamie to manly.

RainMan

Juniors
Oh, you edited your original post about Lyon going to Manly to piss the Manly scum off.

Guess it was you who had your hand on your dick hey... ;-)

Are u actually the real Rainman from the Movie, u sure do act like him. And no I did not edit my post RAINMAN :lol:

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
At least he won't be a Parramatta. That's got to be good for the game.

I knew you suckers would have to release him. I told you from day 1.

I can't understand why Parra fans are so happy. An Australian test star would rather quit the game then play at the Eels. That cannot be a good sign for your club.

RainMan

Juniors
Yes YOU did, otherwise my quote would also say Penrith and not Manly as it does.

If you aren't man enough to admit that you made a mistake, I really don't give a shit. Its there for all to see, what I quoted from you is what you originally wrote. I would have no reason to change it. That is why I asked what you meant.

The Colonel

Immortal
RainMan said:
Yes YOU did, otherwise my quote would also say Penrith and not Manly as it does.

If you aren't man enough to admit that you made a mistake, I really don't give a sh*t. Its there for all to see, what I quoted from you is what you originally wrote. I would have no reason to change it. That is why I asked what you meant.

Mate, off your high horse for a sec. I changed his posts because I knew what he was trying to say but he'd not put it in properly. What diference does it make anyway - he made a mistake, it was fixed. ;-)

AdamH

Juniors
Why do Parramatta want him to go to Penrith but? Why would they help out the Panthers?

Rainman if I had edited my Post it would say Post edited on the bottom with the Time and date. Go back to sleep and get your hand off the You know what as its affecting you. :D

Latest posts