What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M Witt to be Released

Hurriflatch said:
Avenger: Don't let Nikki see you bag the Le'Strange's

Speaking of them...what does Wade do now??

His modelling career never took off after he and PJ were the toast of the Parra Footy Heaven catalogue a few years back!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
the more I think about it, the more I start to believe that we will sign Thomas when Witt jumps. Infact the deal might already be done.

Avenger

Immortal
eelavation said:
the more I think about it, the more I start to believe that we will sign Thomas when Witt jumps. Infact the deal might already be done.

I think you are right. So who is the better player???

Witt should go and PJ is not a half back he is an excellent Hooker or a no 14 or even a 5/8 but a half back he is not.

Whatever the case we will go into next year without an established half, let alone a dominating one.............again. This is Parramatta's curse, one that not even the legendary Stu Galbraith could break. Find a solution to that problem and we're ready to rumble.

Suitman

Post Whore
Hollywood Jesus said:
Whatever the case we will go into next year without an established half, let alone a dominating one.............again. This is Parramatta's curse, one that not even the legendary Stu Galbraith could break. Find a solution to that problem and we're ready to rumble.

You and I both know what the answer is to that HJ.
One of us is prepared to admit it, and the other HAS, but changed his mind. ;-)
It has been the common denominator throughout the man's reign.

Suity

ParraMatt

Bench
True EEL said:
william....

if the club would make some consistent positive progress, perhaps i wouldn't need to be so negative

This guy is an absolute legend, Every post he makes has merit. As if you couldn't be negative about our club, We used to have a winning culture now we have a forward pack that are as soft as fairy floss besides Hindmarsh.

Vella and Cayless shouldn't even be at the club, Neither Wagon, They are all soft slow players that have hardly any talent.

I'm just glad we signed Riddell and I hope that Cannings is fit, And Morrison aswell.

Michael Witt shouldn't be released, We are struggling for a halfback as it is and it looks like that is what is going to be the only thing that holds us down next year. Losing Witt just makes it even worse though, Witt is still a decent halfback and we are still paying money for him as he is on contract, Don't just terminate another contract.

ParraMatt

Bench
We havent had a decent halfback at the club since Peter Sterling, Until Smith finally realises that and signs a decent one I am sad to say it but I think we will go through another up and down year.

Smith should of signed Orford when he could, Ok yes he missed him, Then he should of snatched up Firman, Couldn't even do that. No one thinks Witt can lead us round the park next year, If not, Then without a decent halfback we will be a nothing club for a 3rd consecutive year.

And don't everyone type away that I am being negative, Because the truth hurts.

bartman

Immortal
Hollywood Jesus said:
The obvious solution is to develop one... something it seems after Witt's treatment at the start of the season and now release, Coach Smith doesn't have the patience to do? So it's fingers crossed that one of our new imports can do the job, or that one of our promising young halves actually stays with Parra more than a few years.

True EEL

Bench
well thanks for the apparent praise ParraMatt.....???

but i cannot agree that Nathan Cayless is soft????? please don't say that again and wait and see him fit and firing next season and you will HAVE to change your opinion.....in my opinion..... ;-)

Well it appears that Witt is lost to the club.......see today's SMH (07/10/04)

this upsets me.......

i did think and still think Witt has enourmous talent and was not allowed to show that talent or develop his game this season under Brian Smith's coaching

however, late in the year, i did begin to agree with BS's sentiments about Witt's game lacking in many aspects....however, i must still wonder how much of this could be attributed to the apparent lack of confidence shown in Witt by BS and the other coaching staff and the lack of opportunity that followed????????????

well, we will see now what Witt can do at Manly

the thing that really gets me is that another talented player is leaving Parramatta and Witt was quoted as saying that.........

"the move was instigated by Parramatta and that he was shocked and didn't want to leave" and that he was basically being forced to leave????

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Brian Smith and the coaching staff for wasting a good talent and is Thomas Leulaui going to be a better player????

well i bloody well hope so..................................................

True EEL

Bench
10 pages on Witt's rumoured release and much more to come in other threads about it becomming official.....

well he must have mean't soemthing to this club and its fans....just hope he knows that and i wish him all the best and hopefully greener pastures and a fair go at Manly