What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M Witt to be Released

El Diablo

Post Whore
Eelementary said:
Langers said:
I think that even if Witt is one of those players who does go on to do great things at another club it may be okay to release him as it seems he isn't going to be fulfilling his potential at Parra. He could end up being a great buy for someone else but not a huge loss for Parra unlike Ryan, Tonga etc.

I dont know how large a loss Ryan was - with Afamsaga, Morrison, Mateo, Cayless all vying for that other vacant second row spot, as well as young Dan Backo.

Tonga - well, we signed Tahu, and have some superstar centres in the making... Jury's still out.

Speaking of Ryan. Quite a few Dogs and Eels fans have stated Ryan left Parra for less money. After reading an article last week I find this hard to believe.

according to this he's taken two paycuts since joining the Dogs.

Are we suppised to believe he's taken three paycuts since leaving us???

What a load of shit.

Stagger eel

Staff member
El Diablo said:
Eelementary said:
Langers said:
I think that even if Witt is one of those players who does go on to do great things at another club it may be okay to release him as it seems he isn't going to be fulfilling his potential at Parra. He could end up being a great buy for someone else but not a huge loss for Parra unlike Ryan, Tonga etc.

I dont know how large a loss Ryan was - with Afamsaga, Morrison, Mateo, Cayless all vying for that other vacant second row spot, as well as young Dan Backo.

Tonga - well, we signed Tahu, and have some superstar centres in the making... Jury's still out.

Speaking of Ryan. Quite a few Dogs and Eels fans have stated Ryan left Parra for less money. After reading an article last week I find this hard to believe.

What a load of sh*t.

bobcat actually signed just before news of the cap dramas came to surface, so it's anyone's guess what he was actually on then. One thing's for sure I bet he wishes he was still on it! ;-)

El Diablo

Post Whore
eelavation said:
El Diablo said:
Eelementary said:
Langers said:

What a load of sh*t.

bobcat actually signed just before news of the cap dramas came to surface, so it's anyone's guess what he was actually on then. One thing's for sure I bet he wishes he was still on it! ;-)

I realise that but quite a few people have come out and said that figure was less than what he was on at Parra in an attempt at bagging Smith and plyer retention. And he's taken an additional two paycuts since??

Sure.

William Hung

Juniors
True EEL said:
William Hung said:
True EEL said:
the club is fast becomming a joke in many ways.............and it kills me

sorry mate, but geez you're a whinger!

sorry mate....but geez you're an arrogant, know-it-all, wanna-be f**k who should shut the hell up

You can have your opinion- I just can't see why 95% of it has to be negative and usually stuff that you've already said in another thread.

I'm not picking at your posts or opinion- but rather your need to be so negative.

Despite the fact that its sad that Ian Hindmarsh no longer plays for the Eels, the Big Spud and his fellow former-Eels are just that - former Eels. It's no use dwelling on the last few years now, because next year has some real promise. Everyone is just waiting for the Club to fail again so they can hack off Smith's head will only hinder our fortunes.

I personally hope that Witt stays, because I think he does have a lot of talent, and because he has signed a contract, but if he decides to leave don't pull out the rope. It's not even clear what role he will play in the team next year, if any, and there are other players who have the potential to make the most of any chances they would be given.

We should wait and see what happens, and then accept whatever comes. No use in *cough*people*cough* getting into another fight over another thing we have no control over.

Suitman

Post Whore
Hollywood Jesus said:
Despite the fact that its sad that Ian Hindmarsh no longer plays for the Eels, the Big Spud and his fellow former-Eels are just that - former Eels. It's no use dwelling on the last few years now, because next year has some real promise. Everyone is just waiting for the Club to fail again so they can hack off Smith's head will only hinder our fortunes.
I personally hope that Witt stays, because I think he does have a lot of talent, and because he has signed a contract, but if he decides to leave don't pull out the rope. It's not even clear what role he will play in the team next year, if any, and there are other players who have the potential to make the most of any chances they would be given.

We should wait and see what happens, and then accept whatever comes. No use in *cough*people*cough* getting into another fight over another thing we have no control over.

I don't know who your'e talking about but I couldn't think of anything better than seeing Smith at Telstra Stadium next year holding up the Premiership trophy with Cayless.

Come On the Eels in 2005.

Suity

True EEL

Bench
william....

if the club would make some consistent positive progress, perhaps i wouldn't need to be so negative

I don't know who your'e talking about but I couldn't think of anything better than seeing Smith at Telstra Stadium next year holding up the Premiership trophy with Cayless.

Suity

That would just be the TOPS!!!!!

bartman

Immortal
Hmmm... imagine the pressure on PJ and/or Tim Smith if a Witt release is announced. And therefore the pressure on Brian Smith (again) as well. He simply must be accountable (this time) if our halves options are proved thin or poor in 05.

Why re-sign a player with promise for four years, if you're then going to change your mind about him almost straight away because of an attitude clash? Something has become very wrong with Parra's changeability of retention and contracts since... Jamie? :evil:

Hurriflatch

Referee
I honestly think that either both or neither of those will happen

If Leuluai comes Witt goes but if Leuluai doesn't come the Witt stays.

Quite similar to the Dykes/Marsh case I'd think.

I mean think about it honestly for a moment.

If Parra sign Thomas Leuluai they will have Leuluai, Marsh, Green, Perenara, Smith, Mateo, Morris and Wagon to fill the 1/2 and 5/8 role now does Witt really improve that lineup much?

Witt is around the same level as many of those players in terms of expeierence and skill.

With that in mind it comes down to one simple question.

Does Witt or another player take up the money in the cap??

If Witt stays he will be in the Eels top 25 so he will be counted under the cap.

Avenger

Immortal
Hurriflatch said:
I honestly think that either both or neither of those will happen

If Leuluai comes Witt goes but if Leuluai doesn't come the Witt stays.

Quite similar to the Dykes/Marsh case I'd think.

I mean think about it honestly for a moment.

If Parra sign Thomas Leuluai they will have Leuluai, Marsh, Green, Perenara, Smith, Mateo, Morris and Wagon to fill the 1/2 and 5/8 role now does Witt really improve that lineup much?

Witt is around the same level as many of those players in terms of expeierence and skill.

With that in mind it comes down to one simple question.

Does Witt or another player take up the money in the cap??

If Witt stays he will be in the Eels top 25 so he will be counted under the cap.

Marsh and Morris are the only 2 players in this list that have some proven quality in the halves and one of them has not played for over 18 months. The rest have promise but are a risk. I still think however that Witt should go. In the end the Witt brothers will go down as the most overrated brothers at Parra since the Emery brothers of the early 80's and the L'strange (sic) brothers of the late 90's.

Utey

Coach
Pazza said:
Well lets hope that Marsh makes a good recovery
I honestly hope MArsh is not our halfback next year. We will deadset go nowhere. Why eveyone thinks his a half is beyond me. He made his named playing impact hooker not half. The last time i remember him playing half was a premier league game. IMO He should be our 14 with Smith and Perenara in the halves. If they gel we could be in for a very good year.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Suitman said:
Hollywood Jesus said:

Suity

That's the spirit champ!

And I'm 100% behind you - UP THE EELS!!!!!!!!

Hurriflatch

Referee
Marsh was Parra's halfback during the 2000 finals run after Penna got his neck broken for a 2nd time against the SHarks in round 24.

His 5/8th in those games was Daniel Wagon as J.Smith was suspended after nearly killing MacDrugall in the game against the Knights in round 22.

Utey

Coach
But was he really that good. I think he is our answer to Riddells replacement and something we have really missed over the last 2 years. Real Impact!!!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Jake the snake said:
Theres talk of Leulai coming to Parra if he Witt goes. But is he the answer?

Well, IMHO, why release Witt and replace him with a smiliar footballer?

Both have talent and potential, but neither has stood up yet.

Latest posts