What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M Witt to be Released

Langers

Juniors
eelavation said:
could also be Ben Harris
On Zorba's media update as the mightyeagles forum he said that Manly had not talked with Harris or any superleague player so that rumour is looking unlikely.

walker smith

Juniors
I have to say that, whilst i am not sure that witt isnt worth keeping around, i will concede that brian has acted proactively in allowing him to go elsewhere.

He obviously does not plan to use witt so let him go and perhaps get someone he will use! Just because i would use witt doesnt mean brian will....again, the fact that brian is in a position to judge whether we use witt or not is the exact reason why he is accountable for all his decisions.

So fine, from the perspective of backing his own judgment, i applaud brian for taking a management decision and getting rid of witt....but if he does not utilse the position (in the top 25 players now freed up) wisely, then he should be accountable.

Frankly, i feel it is a moot point, as Fitzy and the board should apply the same performance criteria and management principles to Smith's Job as Smith is applying to witt....in which case Brian is at least one year past his termination date!

Langers

Juniors
I think that even if Witt is one of those players who does go on to do great things at another club it may be okay to release him as it seems he isn't going to be fulfilling his potential at Parra. He could end up being a great buy for someone else but not a huge loss for Parra unlike Ryan, Tonga etc.

walker smith

Juniors
thats why the name - i love the story of how sugar ray got his ring name after being given the name walker smith at birth!

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Taken from the Manly Daily..Who are accurate. They first reported Alberts.

"Michael Witt is to leave Parramatta and Manly is the likely team he will join although Paul Cummings has made a definate 'NO COMMENT" on him."

From a post by Zorba on the official forum.

"8 - Manly hope to officially announce a new signing tomorrow (Thursday,October 7)."

Things are looking good :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

CC_Eagle

First Grade
The Colonel said:
CC_Eagle said:
Taken from the Manly Daily..Who are accurate. They first reported Alberts.

Accurate? They reported Moule to didn't they...... we'll wait and see.

Well Moule actually did sign. It's just that the daft prick signed with Widnes as well and the club couldn't be arsed chasing a guy who didn't want to be here and is an average player anyway. So TMD was right.

mickyj

Bench
I think the issue is Witt did not get his 100 lines in after lunch so was placed on detention and did not turn up.

Naughty boy.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
I'll drive Witt all the way to manly, thats how much of a Dud he is.

not if I drive him to Manly first!! :lol:

You Manly supporters can toss all you want about him, simple fact of the matter we have a better footballer and former Queensland origin player playing at 7!! and if that fails we have the current Australian school boys half back, the current junior Kiwi half back and last years Australian school boys half back.

He won't get a look in here! but would suit Manly's unprofessional regime.

thanks for taking him.

eelavation said:
Jake the snake said:
I'll drive Witt all the way to manly, thats how much of a Dud he is.

not if I drive him to Manly first!! :lol:

You Manly supporters can toss all you want about him, simple fact of the matter we have a better footballer and former Queensland origin player playing at 7!! and if that fails we have the current Australian school boys half back, the current junior Kiwi half back and last years Australian school boys half back.

He won't get a look in here! but would suit Manly's unprofessional regime.

thanks for taking him.

As Norman May says "GOLD GOLD GOLD"

Is it time to laugh at Manly again?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Langers said:
I think that even if Witt is one of those players who does go on to do great things at another club it may be okay to release him as it seems he isn't going to be fulfilling his potential at Parra. He could end up being a great buy for someone else but not a huge loss for Parra unlike Ryan, Tonga etc.

I dont know how large a loss Ryan was - with Afamsaga, Morrison, Mateo, Cayless all vying for that other vacant second row spot, as well as young Dan Backo.

Tonga - well, we signed Tahu, and have some superstar centres in the making... Jury's still out.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Eelementary said:
Langers said:

I dont know how large a loss Ryan was - with Afamsaga, Morrison, Mateo, Cayless all vying for that other vacant second row spot, as well as young Dan Backo.

Tonga - well, we signed Tahu, and have some superstar centres in the making... Jury's still out.

at the end of the day and with Witt jumping ship to join the rest of the dysfunctional, I would much rather be in our shoes than theirs.

Latest posts